S2 – Chapter 20: Aftermath
904 9 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Arranging this took a bit of time.
But hey, it's done.

Time has passed after the whole scenario...

After the incident, many saw the crater from the distance and the destruction between the two beings that fought in the sky. But none was brave enough to approach it out of fear that they would be caught in their fight.

The demon-kins whom Rue commanded was forced to retreat due to the wounds they took from their battle with the order.

The fact that the gate was malfunctioning troubled her to no end to the extent she had requested the twins to retreat and recreate the gate in another location due to the danger which the country is facing against the immense mana they felt from its surroundings.

The whole country was now brimming with mana.

It wouldn't be strange if the place had become a dungeon itself as monsters had begun to show themselves. As they began to scout around the city.

The place became filled with peace after the evacuation of the whole city.

But during those times of chaos, Seid returns with records in hand whose face paled at his discovery. The floating golemic scouts soon returned to him with records of the battle which her grandfather and Estel had fought against the dragon.

Rue face soon paled as she saw it...

『This is...』

『It's all there.』Seid said.

The scouts rendered themselves invisible with Seid's magic to keep them from being destroyed.
He skillfully controlled it in the distance while fleeing with the queen.
He specializes in support and illusion as well as recording important information for the kingdom but...

This information was something that he and Rue did not expect.

『What do we do?』Seid asked.

The record revealed everything that has happened.

Her daughter had fought a battle against a monster that defeated even her grandfather.
This was an impressive feat that would shock the council if they discovered how she managed to defeated it while also now carrying unique changes different than her usual looks...

After the battle...
She collapses and her body began to suffer corrosion.
Where she touched the crystal she pulled out then began to chant in reverse.
Then suddenly instantly disappeared the moment she called forth a strange circle.

Along with her grandfather.

It was a recording full of anomalies.
Which would be a great study for the demon-kin.
But...

It was also a great danger to her daughter now, that the two had escaped without any permission.

Rue then decided for herself.
『Keep her grandfather's fight and cut it at the part where he was defeated.
But destroy any records regarding Estel's battle.』

『But... Milady...』as he went pale at the words he heard.

『I'll be the one to tell them that her grandfather successfully defeated the beast.

The fact there was no news of Estel being in this country.
Only means that those two came here without any permission.』

『You should know what that means?』
As Rue said those words to Seid he made a bitter expression.

He nodded in response aware of the situation.

Then she said.

『There were still no traces of evidence that shows,
Why such a powerful monster came out of nowhere.

And even now we are still having difficulty using the gate.
Though we finally managed to make contact back in the kingdom through the work with the twins.』

『That's good news!』he said.

But Seid then asked.
『What about the Order?』

『What about them?
We have their Archbishop and accomplice as evidence right now being put to good work.
And if those idiots want a fight, they can always try but I highly doubt they will push for war.

Their Pope of their's is probably having a mountain of headache by now.
Though they did manage to put up a good fight.』

The battle between them ended in a draw with both sides gaining injuries.
Which was the reason why there was no one left to stop the beast in the city from rampaging.

『They only have two choices at this point.
Push for war and face a losing battle or turn a blind eye to this.』

Seid gave her a wry smile in response to her words.

『We are in no position to wage war with the gate being broken.
And pushing for one will only cause more headaches from the council.

I don't know what is currently happening so...』

She turned her head then told Seid of his next job which kept the bristle family safe along with protecting the wounded shadow knights which fought the Order. Until reinforcement comes to support them.

The Order soldiers were stronger than she had expected being able to stand toe to toe against the demon-kins was a great feat.

It was later discovered using their intel that...

People known as the Chosen Ones were among them,
which were able to contest a battle of strength with her forces.

In the end, they lost too many people and their morale dropped.
But one of them was severely injured while the others took wounds.

Which was why she didn't command pursuit.

She was able to successfully keep herself safe as her protectors were formidable enough to ignore her presence as she skillfully supported them.

But as Seid saw her about to leave, he then cried out to her.

『Um, may I ask milady where you intend to go?』

She smiled at him as she said.

『Where else?
To find those two who made quite a mess.
So I can also know what happened back at home.』

She flickered her finger and went her merry way.
Seid was puzzled on how on earth was she going to find them.
But he shrugged and focused on his task.

...

...

...

________________________________________________________________________________

// Leanne Aftermath //

After the incident the Captured Leader of the Order was presented to the people.
With Leanne's and her mother's voice.
The people misunderstandings were cleared...

However many were troubled and were still in disbelief as the Order's influence on her land was strong, some of them began to question their faith which troubled them so...

There was nothing Leanne and the Queen could do at that point.
All they could do for the people was to create a temporary encampment for their while waiting for support from the demon-kins to deal with the ongoing situation in their city.

Their gate malfunctioning was also troubling them to no end.

At a later date, they soon received word that their king apparently destroyed it.

Meanwhile, Leanne and Levere patrolled her fair city.

『Half of my city is destroyed.
Now it's like a ghost town.』

The place made Leanne feel disappointed and bitter.
The fact that the city had become deserted after a raging battle between two giants beast was a fact...

The once-bustling city of trade was now a desolated place that looked like a ruin.
There were those misfortunate who got trampled and killed while others that remained were those too poor to leave and took the risk to remain while scavenging for wealth in people's homes.

Unaware of the high density of mana that had already given birth to monsters.

『You shouldn't worry about it too much.』He said.

『Why shouldn't I? this place is now ruined!』As Leanne said those words.

Levere then said while grinning.

『Not at all...
I'll say this is a drastic improvement.』

*Puchi* She gazed at Levere with irritation with his jest.

『What do you mean by improvement!
Are you joking with me!』

She raised his collar as he looked away then said.

『Gah!
Let me explain!』as she heard those words she lets him go.

『Lyra and Rue seem to have a connection with one another so you got their support.
It appears the demon-kingdom have a way to prevent monsters from being born inside the city.』

『Eh? is that even possible?』

Mana is energies formed from magic.
The more it is expelled, the more it remains in a certain place.
Similar to how dungeons exist and feed on it to create monsters on its own to prey on its victims.

『Well, the place the demon-kingdom lived in is a place with high-density mana, to begin with...
It's not strange for them to have a way to deal with the thick mana around them, preventing monsters from spawn around their home.

I also heard they constantly fight monsters because of this...』

『...』Leanne went silent as Levere further explained.

『You weren't aware of it?』

Leanne then said.

『I only know they are a formidable country, but I didn't know.
They were facing such troubles.』

She understood they were powerful and seen their magic and strength before...
But she didn't know they were constantly facing monsters because of it.

Levere then received a letter and checked the content.

While gazing at it he said to her.

『It appears your friend has arrived.』Levere said as he gave the letter to Leanne.

As the two left the city to meet with her...

The person who sent the letter was Lana who was worried sick about her,
She seems to have recovered from her injuries but was heavily guarded by her family along with a few knights who were her brothers.

...

...

...

『Leanne!』Lana cried out as she rolled her wheelchair towards her with her hands raised to hug her.

『We heard news of betrayal regarding your father and the dukes,
I... I thought you were done for!

I'm so sorry!』

She wept while hugging Leanne...
As it happened, she hugged her back.

She felt like a part of her had returned as a tear fell from her eyes.

Her family was from a prestigious knight family but more affiliated with the Royal family. They were aware of the poor relationship with the nobles but were unable to act as they prepared for the militia for the city just in case a usurpation of the throne occurred.

Thankfully with her family's aid, the evacuation that occurred within the city saved many.
But not all of them were lucky.

Lana's father soon appeared, with an injured leg.

『I've also gone with my men to fetch your father's grave.
Though, all I can say it's a blood bath in there... 』

Leanne had a bitter smile as he said then while closing her eyes as her brow furrowed.

『We faced the rebels as well...』

『Eh? what happened?』 she asked.

『But they all turned themselves in.
I don't know what happened, but something spooked them real good.

They suddenly presented the head of the last duke that managed to getaway.
Looks like they finally had enough and turned on their leader.
Then they turned themselves in.

We are unsure if we should execute that many... 』

Leanne then cried out. 『What does that have to do with me?』

『Your mother said.
You should be the one to deal with that.』

Leanne then asked.

『How many?』

『764 soldiers』

『That's a Battalion!』she cried out.

『Exactly, which is why everyone was troubled.
They allowed themselves to be imprisoned and had guilt in their eyes. 』

But then said.

『Though, All I can say is they were probably just taking orders and it went awry when the king probably took their heads.』he jests.

But Leanne could only show a bitter expression as this made him feel awkward.

Realizing his mistake he then saluted and poised seriously.

『I'm sorry about that...
I shouldn't be joking around about your father death.』

『His elite guards should have been strong enough to take on a hundred soldiers.
But turns out his men faced way more than we expected.
It's going to take a while to bury those people.』as he said those words to praise them.

He then showed a bitter expression.

『We also need to make a funeral for those who fought to save your life.』

『Again, Sorry...』as Leanne gazed at his eyes.
There was a sense of loss in them.

Watching it made her smile a bit as she said.

『I see...
Then let me meet those who have surrendered.』

Lana and Levere gazed at a distance watching her.

It was at that moment, Leanne took up the role of a true princess.
She saw the eyes of the guilty who took part in her father's and brother's murder.

As she stood in front of those soldiers who took up arms as they still wore armor...
Leanne deeply sighed as she then shouted.

『Free them.』

As she said those words their eyes shook and shock as one of them shouted.

『Please punish us!』

『We have wronged his majesty!』

As each voiced their complains Leanne then with a furious expression shouted.

『SILENCE!』as their voices were cut.

She then said.

『I cannot forgive you all for the murder of my father and the death of my brother!』

『However!』

『As the princess of this nation, I can understand your circumstances!』

『You have already offered one of the dukes responsible for it.』

『So this is your reward!』

They were displeased when they called it a reward.
As they then cried out complaints toward her decision.
During that time Leanne snapped.

『I AM NOT HERE TO DEAL WITH YOUR INTERNAL PROBLEMS!』

『Carry your sins to your graves, If you have to!』

『But my kingdom right now is in a terrible position right now!』

『GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER! OR DIE A POINTLESS DEATH.

『CHOOSE LIKE WHAT YOU IMBECILES WANT!』
As she shouted those words she stomped as she left the place as another replaced her.
The general came and informed them.

『You heard the lass you fools.
What will it be? Are you all going to repent and help her.
Or die like imbeciles.』

As he said those words Leanne left and her mother was there waiting for her.

『That was quite a speech...』She giggled.

『You did this to test me right?』

『Indeed, after all, if you can't handle something small like this how can you rule them?』

『Tch! I can't believe, I was sheltered by this kind of family.
I'm stronger than I look you know?』

But the queen soon made a wide grin as she said.

『Indeed you are, though...
I heard from my assistant that if it weren't for the support of a young lad.
You would have been moping around instead...』

She then remembered his words.
As it echoed inside her mind.

Her face went beet red towards her ears as she recalled it.
『Oh my, don't tell me you like him?』Her mother asked.

Her eyes were analyzing her enough to see.
Leanne's teeth began to clatter like crazy in a panic.
She then laughed heartily as she saw it.

『I never expected my daughter to be so cute!』
As she hugged her Leanne caught a glimpse of it.
She displayed a wide grin on her face while doing such a thing...

It was this point in her life, that she felt like she triggered something that, she would later regret.

...

...

...

________________________________________________________________________________

// Estels Aftermath //

『Ugh, my whole body hurts.』she groaned.

Estel woke up in a mattress inside a cave,
Her grandfather prepared to mend her wounds while placing a barrier around it,
A type of barrier that prevented any monsters or pests from attacking them.

________________________________________________________________________________

Why did he not stay at an inn?

The reason for this was because...

With her tail and wings present, there was no way they could enter a village without scaring them.
Not to mention, they didn't want to leave any trace of themselves if someone goes looking for them.

Especially now that they have discovered that the Order was the cause of it all.
________________________________________________________________________________

She rested on the mattress he prepared for her.

『Relax, you've still got wounds all over you.』

As he placed medicine on her broken scales around her wings.

『Ouch! That hurts!』

Her body flinched when he touched it.

『That's how we know it works.』

Her scales were now gray though it turns darker as it responded to her emotions.

『Can't I just heal it with magic?』

『If magic resolved everything it would be nice wouldn't it?
Unfortunately, your scales are resistant to it and you have no choice to endure without a mender around.』

Menders can bypass resistant magic using a certain ritual of exchange...
Though they suffer in exchange they are given good care along with a reward, afterward.

『Ugggh...』she groaned when he explained it.

The two then discussed what happened after he was taken down by the monster.

『Interesting to think you would be able to alter her memories that even fooled her familiars.』

He was now speaking with Luria.
Estel's voice changes when possessed which made it easier for her grandfather to notice it.

『Luna and Aisha are an existence that flowed in her blood.
While I'm stuck bound to her soul like a ball and chain attached to her.

There's a big difference between our existences which is why we are separate beings.』

Estel swiftly complained.

『Why are there so many ridiculous things inside of me!
Like, give me a break!

If I hear something more ridiculous than this, I might lose my mind!』

Her grandfather gazed at Estel with pitiful eyes.
Luria who only Estel can see was also gazing at her with pitiful eyes.

『Why are both of you looking at me like that!?』

Her grandfather then said.

『I suppose now is not the time to tell her. 』

Estel felt something wrong about that sentence
The fact that she didn't know what happened after blacking out.
Made her doubt and fear her grandfather meant about it.

She turned to Luria and asked her.

『What did he mean by that!
What happened while I was unconscious at that time!』

『Nothing, absolutely nothing.』Luria said to her as she hid inside her.

『Grandpa!』she shouted but her body ached as she tried to move.

After a few moments.
Luria's voice then replied as it echoed in the cave.

『So... what do you intend to do now?』

『Let me rest a bit more.』

Her grandfather smiled as he said.

『We have all the time in our hands now.
Though where we should go is the next question...』

Luria then said to him in reply.
『I do have information regarding where the Order kept the rest of the eggs of her race you know?』

『What!』Her grandfather and Estel cried out in response.

That made her wings and body ache even more.
She then said to them.

『There... there are more eggs, how many!』as Estel asked that question.

A woman's voice echoed in the room.

『My oh, my...
What an interesting conversation you two are having.』

As she said those words her grandfather's mouth gaped wide open as both of them heard her voice.

To both of them, it was extremely familiar.

『Mo-MOM!』she shouted!

『Finally caught up with you two...
It was very quite difficult to track you two down.
You know!?
When you guys just went towards the mountains all on your own.
My feet began to hurt on these heels.』

She wore dark high heels which made things quite difficult for trekking up mountains.
But even so, she reached it.

Tyr gave her a wry smile as he then asked.

『How did you?』

『Find you two? Only Estel and I know about it.』

She flickered her hand as Estel soon saw it.
It was something only she could see.

A thread was connected around her,
It made her pale with a shock it was like a hidden tracking device made from her own threads.

『Mo-mother... when did you...』

『On the day we first met, of course...
I was worried something will happen and you somehow disappeared.

Though, never did I imagine that day would actually arrive.』

She was one step ahead of them.

Tyr didn't understand and asked again.

『Uhh...』

Estel turned to him then explained
『Sorry, only both of us can see it.
It's a part of our ability.』

『You've... inherited THAT as well?』

Estel nods to her grandfather while he groaned.
He made a troubled expression afterward as he held his head.
It was at this point he left the room to perhaps refresh his mind.

Though,
I've always wondered how my mother worked so efficiently back at home.

The demon-castle was absurdly large, for a human who carried no wings.
It was difficult for me to even wander around it yet she somehow always finds her way towards my father.

But then I had to ask.

『Does it has any limits?』She then smiled at me and winked.

『Yes it does, if the person is too distant I can't track them.
But if they are close enough, it should reveal itself like this.』

The threads then revealed itself wrapped around me.

Luria on the other hand then spoke to Estel in terror.
『That's quite a terrifying power she has...』

Indeed, It was the kind of power which any thief would fear to face.

And during this time.
Estel asked about Leanne and her family.

『She's doing fine,
though I highly doubt the Order will take action against them any time soon.』

『Thats great...
Though, I wish I was there for her.
I heard what happened to her father and...』

I told her what happened in the city along with the gate.
Her face twitched a bit when she heard it as she calmly said.

『I see, so that's why the gate wasn't working.
Though, looking at your little friend there.

You must be the one responsible for her sudden change.』

Her eyes then darted at Luria,
『Eh? you can see me?』

『Ofcourse, I can...
It's quite easy to tell, your presence alone shows your a powerful spirit.』

『Uhh.... mom.
How on exactly are you able to see her?』I tilted my head to her.

As she then said the words I never expected to hear.
『We come from a family of necromancers you know?
What did you think those threads, we use are made of?』

Like a hammer to my head, it all made sense why and how I managed to make contact with Luria who is technically already dead.

『But I rarely see any spirits other than Luria.』

『Ofcourse, you don't see them.
They come from a different plane of existence that you can only barely see their real figures.

Only when you want to make contact with them is the time where they show their real appearance.』

『But how come you can see Luria?』

『Because she's a powerful spirit.
Though all I can see is her figure though.』

Rue can only see a dark mist with a figure of a human.

Luria at that moment spoke to Estel.
『Originally I don't really know what I am...
But after meeting that being, I believe It called me an Einherjar?』

Her mother then said while gazing at her in curiosity.

『Well, that explains it.
When I finally met my daughter again, your presence disturbed me to no end.
I was wondering if, I should separate and destroy you at that point.』

Luria paled then recalled a certain moment of their first meeting.
Rue said:『Don't cause us any more trouble now...

Estel herself wasn't aware of it at the time,
but Luria felt a deep threatening presence in those words.

Estel didn't know what was happening then cried out with a complaint.
『What is this einherjar!
And what the heck are you two talking about!』

She was angry that she was being left out.
It was then her mother explained to her.

There are different types of spirits.
There are those who disappear after a long time has passed.
And there are those whose existence exists even if many decades have passed.

They call such beings as powerful spirits as Einherjar.

『To make it simple.
They are spirits who possess abnormal life-span,

Most call them as Heroic spirits because of their strong will.

Famous to us necromancers as they are quite stubborn and not easily controlled.』

Estel's face twitched when she heard that.
She then thought.
[Does she have spirits like that?]

But Rue continued her explanation.

『Eitherway, she doesn't seem to have any malice.
Though I did detect the presence of greed.
which means she's able to possess your body.

Am I not wrong?』

She was swift in analyzing Luria's ability.

『You... you're scaring me.』as she said those words she hid inside Estel.

Her mother then said.

『Aa.. Aa... Aaaaa..』

With one finger she pulled her out of Estel's body.
On the other hand, felt Estel only felt a little tug.
As threads were wrapped around her.

『Kyaaa!
Save me, Estel!』

Estel could only look away with a powerless expression,
her body was aching too much to act and was lavishing the nice mattress she was in.

She gazed at her a bit then looked away.

『I still want to study you a bit more...
I can't have you meddling with my daughter's memories again.』

Apparently Rue was already there when Estel woke up and discussed her altered memories.
Which made things even more grim for her...

But then Luria confessed for her life.

『There's no way we can do it a second time!
We can only alter a person's memory once the moment we try to possess them!

And beside's!
I'm completely bound to her now!』She retorts.

『Ho? is this true Estel?』

『Yes, though I hate remembering such a moment.
If it weren't for her, I can't imagine surviving that day.』

She released her threads from Luria, while she crawls back into Estel while weeping...

Rue then came close to her as she gave him a leg pillow.

『When you were injured, I was extremely worried about you.
You know...』

Estel grabbed her hand and said.『I know.』

As the two continued their conversation her grandfather soon returned with his hair all wet.
It appears he bathed in the nearby river.

________________________________________________________________________________

// Procuring a home. //

A few days later after discussing with my family where a good place to live in were...

『Your joking me?』

A voice of a young lad echoed, his dark hair and eccentric figure yet remained.
This man was a friend of Estel whom she trusted.

『Yes, I'm serious.』

『But still, you are aware that my country is still...』

『Developing, even more of a reason for me to ask you of this...』

Estel was now speaking to Jake of Carona.
She returned to the academy to meet with him, with the emblem of the demon-kingdom.
All of the soldiers saluted and allowed passage.

Apparently most of the students were disturbed by the chaos in the city that a few of them temporarily left, making the place slightly more peaceful than before.

However the soldiers in the academy were a separate force from bristle.

They prioritize the protection of the nobles there more than anything else and hired to lay down their life for them.

Even if the Queen or King were to ask for their help, they will not move.
As they were chosen to be guards of prestigious people from other kingdoms.

But right now Estel was with her family.

『Jake, I am sure there is a certain forest in your kingdom that is notoriously dangerous.』
My mother had already gathered information regarding the place we can live in.
She claims its best to not move too distant to bristle.

If she is to work and distract anyone searching for both of us that are now branded as Traitors.
This was the price to pay for freedom.

My mother was going to work as a powerful veil while she spies on them from the inside.
This way, we can run away the moment they send out men to find us.

If things were to go awry we can always migrate to a very distant land.
But that also means I can't visit Leanne or anyone I care about at that point.

『Your telling me, all three of you are going to live there!?』Jake cried out.

That was the circumstance.

Her grandfather then said.

『A dangerous forest will make any wanderer avoid it.
Adventurers will come but they are likely reckless fools who are either eaten or skilled enough to at least survive.』

Jake then turned to my mother and me.

『And what about you two, both of you are... uhh...』

Estel showed her horn and tail along with scales.
This made him confused and baffled.

『What, what happened to you!』he cried out!

『Let's just say, I grew...』while turning away from him.

Jake sighed as he saw it her grandfather then threw a piece of apple he picked in a basket.

Towards Estel, then she crushed it with one hand, which made his headache even more.

『That's one ridiculous growth spurt.』he said.

『I know right?』Estel said in reply with a cheerful smile on her face.

At that point, he accepted our offer...

With his assistance, Jake requested his family the land and title of the place.
While it is indeed infested by notorious monsters, it was still a territory of their nation.

Of course, Jake's family was confused which he then said to them.
『I won't do anything dangerous, just the papers for the land.』

After processing it, he had given it to them.
Where Estel in exchange gave him a few sets of ideas for a tea factory she came up with...

During that time.

She was finally putting her plans to work.
Where she can finally live a leisurely life basking in tea.

They went deep in the forest and she lived her happily ever after.

Or so we thought.
...

...

...
________________________________________________________________________________

// Egg's of the Order. //

Luria who carried experience as a spirit managed to snatch the information regarding its location. Estel who couldn't bear the surge of information when she was being possessed was something Luria could handle as she was used to it.

This is how she managed to gather an accurate place where they can claim the eggs on certain places where the Order of Light hid it.

She marked it on a map for her grandfather to see.

Rue then said.

『These are...』

『They are churches.』her grandfather bluntly said.

Luria managed to gather the information of 15 eggs in total.
But Rue said to postpone any attempt to claim the eggs until the time was ripe and everyone in position. If knowledge of information was leaked that the location of the egg was found.

They are most likely going to change their location to protect it.
Which is why Estel herself accepted her idea.

But the most surprising thing wasn't her mother's schemes.

It was the fact that Luria wrote in complete detail their location, hidden passages and where it was hidden with complicated mechanical locks with intricate details regarding where they were located.

As expected of a former thief of another world, her ability to plan ahead was so terrifying that there was little need to cause destruction or interrogate any person of the order and merely had to send a skillful person capable of slipping through undetected.

She wanted the demon-kingdom to remain incognito and not cause anything else that could provoke more misunderstandings amongst the humans for my sake.

I couldn't help but feel touched by her work.

...

...

...

A few months and a half later...

I can't believe...
I AM STEALING FROM A CHURCH!

Estel cried out.

She stealthily slipped inside the church, undetected.
Utilizing Luria's memory of thievery, it was a simple task even for someone who possesses no magic. Though the eerie religious art around her disturbed her mind she managed to slip away after taking the egg without using any kind of magic.

Any traps that were made through magic were easily destroyed by her scales.

She also had pieces of her scales that were, too injured to be removed and used to help deal with the traps they had placed.

Because of that, it was like stealing candy from a baby.

『Their lock and traps were terrible...
But they sure damn kept it well-hidden.』Luria said in response.

As for her grandfather and mother, both of them were given easier tasks where secret passages kept the eggs hidden. They followed the place marked on the map where they both skillfully followed the plan Luria had laid out for them and slipped through undetected.

Rue was surprised that my grandfather followed the plan without barging in and destroying everything though.

he then retorted,
『Even I had my days where I needed to slip in and take down the head of a clan.』

[Uwah...] after hearing that, he's a literal war veteran was what I thought.

In order to hasten the gathering of the eggs, each of them went their separate ways.
They designated a cave where we would meet up.

Estel hid it in her own shadow as she trained her ability to use magic.
Though she was way too worried that it will somehow slip away and decided to carry it on the rest of the journey.

After a month and a week of preparation, we managed to gather up to 5 eggs.
Rue had two loyal subject on her side that helped gather the other two.

________________________________________________________________________________

Specifically Seid and Ques who is apparently mother's specifically hired men in the kingdom.

She liked demon-kins who were more objective and resolute in their mission than letting their pride get in the way. Specifically people who are more open to others and able to understand the circumstances of her family.

She also told me that Seid was the person who I once saved me when I was young that gave me an opportunity to finally say my thanks to him when I privately requested him through the help of my mother.

When I asked him to remove his helmet.

He continued to refuse her request but simply said in reply.

『You don't need to blame yourself, I did that on my own. 』
Estel felt joy from him when she heard this line.

BUUUUUT-

『Though...
I never imagined that I inadvertently saved my own nation by saving you.
Never did I imagine the strongest of them all is basically capable of destroying a country.』

Like glass it cracked and broke as she heard this phrase.
Technically Estel was capable of destroying the demon-kingdom.
If a scar was left in her face she might have loathed her own kingdom and destroyed it.
(That was basically his thought process.)

Estel at this point felt like she lost something important as a princess.

________________________________________________________________________________

It was also during this moment,
Rue decided to send the 10 locations to the demon-kingdom before they made their assault.
Of course, they were extremely highly prioritized as it involved eggs of a fallen race.

While Estel remained being hunted, Rue acted as a misdirection while providing them with more trust as they revealed this information to them. With her assistance, they managed to procure the 10 of their eggs for themselves.

As everyone attacked them simultaneously on the same day.

As for the Order, one can simply say.
They were extremely furious that they lost such important artifacts regarded as their symbol, To the extent that the pope himself was so furious at what had happened in a mere day, that a headhunt started within their ranks for traitors in his own organization.

Of course, there were none and only innocents who knew about it were condemned.

They apparently did not push for war.
Simply because of one fact.
The evidence against them was too large now.

After the Archbishop and his accomplice were used to quelling the masses.

Rue's command to Seid ruthlessly borrowed the power of the mind eaters.

Using the captured Archbishop's memories the mind-eaters converted their memories into a crystal. Such process usually breaks the mind of the person assaulted by this which is why it is rarely done.

However, it was thanks to this that every scheme of that person was laid bare, then Rue decided to present it to the Magi-Association.

Forbidden Alchemy is an incredible national crime.
This pushed many nations to swiftly keep an eye on the order.

To make it simple, they lost most of their power as all of their secrets are being stripped away each day.

At that point, their enemies grew too many.

Everything went to Rue's plan, there was no need to push for war.
At that point, they dug themselves in a grave.

Rue smiled at that moment, then said.

I love my job.』as she drank wine while waiting for the next news to come.
She went back to the house which Estel's grandfather brought to the forest.

________________________________________________________________________________

As for Estel herself.

A house was brought into the forest.
(*Via: Shadow magic.*)

Apparently her grandfather was capable enough to do such a thing.
He simply requested a house and stored it in his own shadow then moved to the forest and instantly built it in a suitable place where the terrain is perfectly fit the house he brought.

To make it simple.
It was like he summoned a small manor in the middle of the forest using magic.
But in actual fact, it's just him moving it in a different location.

I was taught how to produce a barrier that can repel monsters and other hostile fiends as they lived peacefully within the woods while cleaning up a few monsters that most humans would dread but merely a joke to her grandfather and Estel herself.

Though the real finale...

『It's finally time huh...』

It was time to hatch the eggs, Estel was anxious and felt worried.
But her mother and grandfather were gazing at a child who was about to become a mother.
Both of them felt an awkward atmosphere about it.

『I'm sure you will do fine...』Rue said with uncertainty.

『If something goes wrong, I'll be there for you.』Her grandfather said.

The egg was placed on the ground where hay was all over it.
Cutting a bit of her hand she placed a bit of blood on the first egg.
It was Stella's egg.

As she touched it and implanted her own mana into it she felt a surge of weight around her body as she felt her whole body drained of its strength then collapsed.

『Eh?』

『Estel!』

As the two rushed to her side.
They soon heard a sound.

*Crack* the egg was beginning to hatch.

『Get away!』Tyr cried out.
Her mother and grandfather rushed towards the door as they peeked.
In order to avoid any kind of mistake of imprinting the first person the child must meet is its mother.

What came out was...

『A human?』Tyr was puzzled.

『No way!』Her mother Rue was puzzled as well.

Or so they thought...

It had small wings and a tail along with scales it almost as though it was human.
The most notable appearance was the draconic silver eyes that gleamed with radiant color.

*Puchi* the sound of a bulge of her head.

Rue gazed at Tyr with a serious expression.

『Explain yourself!』

『NOW!』

『Calm down!
I WILL IN A MOMENT!
Though, how the heck am I suppose to explain this!』he cried out.

Both of them thought little dragons would come out.

But as her grandfather hypothesized the result...

He could only guess it was due to Estel's mother being a human.
It influenced the eggs causing them to shape themselves as human before turning into a dragon.

To make it simple.
They were pure-blooded dragons but in the shape of a human form.

Estel sighed as she saw them and simply said.

『Well at least I don't need to worry about them being seen from a distance or hunted down like animals and hiding them is easier thanks to this.』

It was indeed a silver lining there...

Luria then said in a mocking tone.
『Oh my to think you became a mother at such a young age!
Ho-ho-ho-ho...』

『Stop joking around, the sooner I raise them the sooner can I can finally live my own life!』Where Estel hangs her head a simple wish resided in her mind,
where she one day seek to wander the world after raising them.

『So, did you regret it?』she ask.

『Not really, but seriously what is up with this kind of story...』

I JUST WANTED TO LIVE PEACEFULLY!

Five dragons of the light dragons were born.
Hidden in the forest of Carona a neighbor of Bristle.
She comes to Jake to discuss business such as raising specific herbs for her own use while gathering wealth.

But that is a story of another time.
Now...
Truly, It's The End.

『 The problem never ends does it?』Estel complained.

『That's just how life works...』Luria said while shaking her head.

The tale of the lost princess and the spirit. (Arc 2 End)

(*Note: the author of this story is starving in terms of munneh.
That he had to delay the completion of this story.*)

Also: I'll probably release Extra-chapters if I feel like it.

[I made this story out of a passion, to begin with...
Though I just wish there was a monetary reward to at least make me write more.

(Because writing makes me hungry.) Oh well...]

 

24