Chapter 4: Bonds which we call a family.
2.6k 9 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Meanwhile in the castle of the demon-kingdom a few days after Estel's disappearance.

The Demon-King was sitting in his throne, tapping his toes and fingers as though he was patiently waiting for news. He heralds dark hair tied neatly behind his head and glowing dark eyes that could simply be described as the devil himself.

The room had a theme of a dragon embedded with the color of both purple/black and in its mouth burning white flames provided light to the room as crafted artistic design surrounded the place.
The clothes he wore were as magnificent as the room he was in fitting its theme with his large black wings.

However, signs of battle were still visible as the walls had carved claws and many parts of the decor were still burned and damaged.

Finally, a close aide of his with wings of a bat appeared before him.
He kneeled before his throne.

"How are they?" he angrily asked.

The menacing presence he was showing, could make a normal person quake in fear.
But the person in front of him worship him as magnificent and was not faltered by his presence.

"You're magnificence, Lady Rue is currently feeling unwell after Estel's disappearance.
Esla your daughter is now currently trying to comfort her mother."

As he said this words he slams his hand to the side handle of his throne,
Causing a large noise to echo in the room.

"That Is NoT WhAt, I AsKeD FoR." He said with fury.

"I already know most of what had happened here!"

The bat-winged man swallowed his saliva as he felt his anger sink deep to his bones.

"Ah... are you perhaps asking for the search for Lady Estel?"

His fury swiftly subsided the moment he mentioned it.

"Of course what else!"

The bat-winged man gave the king a tired expression.

"Why do you care so much for that wingless child your majesty?
Surely her sis-" As he continued to speak, the king then stood as he walked right in front of him.
With a strong gaze with a menacing fury directed at him.

His closest aid then began to tremble before him.

"It may indeed be true that Estel is wingless.
Her human blood may have affected her growth.
Esla her sister may have shown the greatest potential to become the next queen.

But you are forgetting one fact:
When that incident had happened!
Estel had finally awoken her wings!

Not only that!
Every wound that Esla had taken to protect our family was completely healed by her alone!"

________________________________________________________________________________
The demon kingdom is composed of many races.
Among them are concubine's of each race to carry the blood of their king.
It is a tradition for the many races of his citizen to choose a concubine to carry the blood of the king and lead their race. However, as years passed by races of pure-bloods had begun to die off due to the dominance in their genes.

Among them were the Silver winged dragon race whom the current king's mother.
Were assassinated by the same person who had sought to harm his family and the person who had sent Estel away.
________________________________________________________________________________
"But... your majesty surely you are mistaken."

"The extinct silver winged race could not possibly have been passed on to a-"

His eyes blazed with an ominous rage as he tried to say the word.
Using both hands he closed his mouth to seal his lips.

"Do you doubt my words?"

He swiftly swung his head from side to side.
"No! your majesty." the king then sighed.

"That child still doesn't know it."

"But she may perhaps...
If we were to meet again I should have treated her better."

Was his only regret.

________________________________________________________________________________

Esla's succession to become queen had many quarrels among the demon-kins however due to her wings she inherited from her father and talent she had displayed with magic, she became the greatest favour as none of the kings children were able to match her ability.

Estel, on the other hand, had worked hard trying to catch her sister who was three years ahead of her. But unlike her sister Esla, she showed no signs of any wings or tail that signifies a demon-kin pride.

This caused the pressure on Estel as her life slowly grew weary of life in her castle.

Despite the tenacity, she had shown in pursuit to become like her sister.
None of them saw interest in her except for her family who was proud of her.
As for her father he had to restrain himself from showing her affection.
From her youth to her current age he had noticed her speedy growth even at such a young age.

But... no matter how much she worked hard, no matter how much sweat and tears she had shed.
None of the king's aides or servant had shown any signs of interest in her, despite the many talents she had obtained.

Be it music, dancing or even magic.
For her age, it was an impressive growth.

Her mother Rue was a special case because she was a slave which the demon-king fancied were his servants and aide turned a blind eye.

The current Queen who was beside the king was an Ice dragon who reigned the northern mountain of the kingdom often visiting him in correlation to helping her maintain her clan.

But because Estel had the blood of the demon-king like her sister she was eligible to become a queen.

Which many of his own people frowned upon.

Should the king have shown any kind of interest or favor to her?
There would be no doubt, plots against her in favor of her sister.

Which was why her father gave his wife Rue an amulet in secret as a gift for Estel.
For Estel to receive her father's grace through her shadow.
This amulet can protect a user from harm against malicious magic.
As it was provided and requested by the demon-king by his best craftsmen.

________________________________________________________________________________

Then it came the incident...
Before the clash between the mad sorcerer and the demon-king
The mad sorcerer took control of its magical defenses and used it against him.
Sealing all entrances of the many doors and pathways within his own castle.
Crippling his soldier and champions from providing him assistance.
As well as a planned attack to trap his loved ones and him within one room.

It was a malicious plan, that was prepared and set up with great preparation and patience.

His dread as the mad sorcerer claimed Elsa's life gripped him with despair as he watched her fell lifelessly to the ground. He was about to fall victim to the sorcerer plot to use his monstrous form as he lost his mind and control him like a puppet.

But Estel came to reach out to her...
Then her wings had sprouted with great brilliance as the light not only blinded her father who was chained down by the sorcerer, but also the sorcerer himself who did not expect such a thing to happen despite his meticulous preparation.

Her supposedly dead sister was brought back from the dead with her wounds restored.
But remained unconscious.

Only one being could perform a miracle of such a feat.
『The White Dragons Embrace』

But then what occurred had caused Estel to feel drained without understanding what she had done.
The Mad sorcerer shouted "No!" as he threw sphere of magic directed at the two sisters.

But Estel came to shield her, to his father surprise and guilt.
The pendant Estel wore activated as it then began to crack,
The magic intended for two people had trapped only her inside the sphere.

As she watched everything unfold before her.

[I thought she hated her sister.
After all, she did not bear wings just like her's.
My own people mocked her as though she was a failure.
Did she think her life so little?] were his thoughts after Estel's disappearance.

When he finally freed himself from his trap by slowly corroding his magic,
He engages the mad sorcerer.
But he still had one trick up left up his sleeve.
That was...
To control the demon-king by using his own beloved daughters.

But he had to make a cruel choice or else the callous monster before him.
May pull another trick.

Esla had fought and bought enough time protecting her sister and mother who collapse from shock.
While Estel not only saved Esla but also shielded her.

It was utter chaos for him as he severed the sorcerer's head before his hesitation took hold of him.

And thus her story began.

______________________________________________________________________________

"Now then the report!"

"Yes... your magnificence!" he swiftly then gave his report.

"Upon researching the magic the mad sorcerer had used.
He intended to send Estel in a deadly ruin where not even our strongest soldiers could survive."
He then took a deep breath.

"But due thanks to the amulet provided to her by his majesty, it instead decreased its potency and she was sent elsewhere." His eyes burned with dark fire as he then asked.

"And where would that be?"

"We fear, Estel was sent outside the borders of our kingdom.
Somewhere in the middle of nowhere or perhaps a human settlement?"

"WHAT!" his scream echoed throughout the castle as he heard it.

It was the moment he had sent scouts to investigate where Estel was sent.
Despite the poor odd's of finding the young lass,
he still hoped to find at least a glimmer of hope that they are reunited once again.

________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile after a few days in the palace:

Estel was...

5:30 am wake up. [Servants Quarters]

6:00 am eat breakfast. [Via Bread and milk provided.]

6:15 am Bath [Using provided Bathhouse for servants within the castle]

6:45 am Wear working clothes [Pre-prepared clothes.]

7:20 am Fix Hair and tea preparation [French Twist/Seam]

8:00am - 12:00pm [Begin Work]

12:00pm - 1:00pm [Break Time]

1:00pm - 5:00pm [Work]

5:00pm [Situational]

At 5:00 pm servants are free to do anything during this hour.
Be it visiting other places like the palace training grounds where knights train.
Or the Kitchen where cooks are trying to come up with new recipes for the next dish for their king.

But for Estel...
She simply chose to relax in the royal courtyard where flower bloomed and taken care of by the gardeners hired by the palace.
The scenery of a vast blue sea and the port was visibly in sight as the large windows of the courtyard were built just to have it in full view.
The sun was completely visible as it's color slowly dimmed to yellow and red.

[This place reminded me of my home for some strange reason.]
As she continued to drink tea.

"Ah... Luria, you're here again." As the gardener greeted her, his wrinkled face but large stature showed his hard-work and age in his line of work.

"The flowers and herbs you growsing praise's of your work."

"Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha" loudly he laughed.

"I'm not the only one who did this you know." While giving Estel a wink

She then began to pour another cup of tea for the gardener, offering it up to him.
He did not hesitate to come and drink the tea, the young girl had made.

He whiffed the scent then began to sip it. Blissful heat and warmth from it pushed away from the cold air that was giving him a headache. He felt refreshed from the taste of black tea from the herbs he had created.

"Ahh... Impressive."

"Hehehe..." She giggled a bit.
Before returning to a smile.

"So how did you learn how to make this?"

"Ah... my mother taught me this." in response

Estel in her life within the castle always stuffed herself in tea.
Some people within the castle would think it would be odd or strange for a child her age.

She first disliked it, due to its bitter taste.
But because of her mother's love for it.
Her mother then gave Estel a much sweeter and more suited for a child taste.
She then begged her to teach it to her just for the sole reason of making it herself.

With each type of tea made, she began to learn more about them.
Soon she had tea which she loved and tea she disliked.

Realizing taste is different from other people.
She began making a tea made for those she cared about.
Including making a tea made from sweet things which she loved.

As the gardener relaxed and continued his work.
He bid his farewell as he received her story of how her mother taught her.

"Give me more of the herbs I asked alright!?"

"Of course!" he said then added.

"For a young miss like you...
I'm sure the man who becomes your husband would be a happy man.
hya-ha-ha-ha" he laughed loudly as he went away.

[Not so sure about that...] Estel gave a wry smile as he said that.

Today was a peaceful day for Estel.
Yet she sometimes wonders and worries about her family.

As she sips her tea and finished it.
She then said.

"I miss mom and sis."

Then she stood.
About to return to the servants quarter to rest.
She met her again.

The chestnut brown hair who is the same height as her.
Her cute braided pigtails like always.
Though she seems to fidget around her.

"Eh? its luckless girl!" she yelled

"luckless girl!?" as she retorts in surprise.

Estel then gazed around her,
Looking for signs of terrible luck that could befall her.

"What do you mean luckless girl!
And what are you doing!?"

With a single hand on her head, she scans the area she then said.

"Searching for incoming bad-luck."

"That's mean!"

"Well... you did get in a lot of trouble last time."

"It just suddenly happened!"

"So... why are you here?"
while Estel asked that question.
She went silent while fidgeting.

"Ca-can... can you be my friend!"

"Haa..." with gaping mouth open she then said.

"I don't even know you!"
While giving her a cold gaze.
The young girl looked away then faced her head on.
Gripping her hand tightly was about to introduce herself.

"Then.. my name is.."

"Stooop!" Estel yelled.

"First thing first...
Why are you suddenly saying you want to become my friend?"

"That's because..."

Fidgeting around she then glances at her then embraced Estel with both arms.

"Because you were the only one who lent me a hand!"
She then began to cry while tightly hugging her.

Estel expression stiffed with guilt.
[Oi! I'm the one who caused you trouble, to begin with!?]

"Aside from the only people who helped me. *Sniff*
Were the head-maid who saved me after wandering the palace halls in those clothes.
Everyone else started calling me the clumsy girl who tried to become a noble. *Sniff*"

As she then sobbed her heart out to her.
Her mucus was sticking to Estel clothes as she was grossed out by her noogies.

[What do I do...

If I accept her request the odds of escaping this place will be harder with her hanging out with me.
But if I reject her now, I'd feel extremely guilty because I'm the reason why she is suffering right now!]

Estel wasn't as heartless to simply abandon a girl who is in need of someone to comfort her.
But she couldn't accept her request so recklessly either.

The choice she did was...

"Alright, I get it!
I'll help you find a friend instead."

Was to get another to comfort her instead.

*Sniff* "Really?"

Estel nodded to her request.
As she sighed at the problem she had brought upon herself.

Chapter 4: Bonds which we call a family.

This chapter explains the very beginning.
And more "How the heck" situations will come.

49