Chapter 5: The Royal Princess is Way sharper than the prince! Someone Get me out of here!
2.5k 7 49
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

And thus I attempted to find her a friend.
But what the heck just happened!

In mere moments I was stuck in the princess room.
With her guard sharply gazing at us.
And there's no sign that I can escape easily with the maid and guard watching!

Chapter 5: The Royal Princess is Way sharper than the prince! Someone Get me out of here!

After Estel had met the maid to search for a friend to replace her current situation.

Princess Leanne who was quietly pondering, while playing on the piano.
Her blond hair tied nicely in a pony-tail, her green eyes shined like emeralds but her slender arms were moving smoothly as her hands gently pressed the notes of the piano as it played "Merry Go Slower".

Her lady guard Lana was right beside her, wondering why on earth she was playing such music.
In the middle of the day. After a few minutes, she finally finished.

She then turned to Lana observing her dark eyes and dark hair tied elegantly in a braid-bun, her clothes were similar to a paladin with the crest of the royal crown on her chest. The royal sword was sheathed properly on around her waist.

She then voiced her thoughts.

"Is there something on your mind your highness?"

"Uh... yes."

"This is regarding the odd hair my brother discovered three days ago."

Lana swiftly made a disgusted face.

"Please, don't mention that...
It's ridiculous for a prince like him to even pick those things up.
Especially when moss and other dirt covered it."

The princess chuckled at her reaction.

"Indeed, but it was "still" a piece of evidence along with the weeping maid whose clothes got stolen."

"My brother believes that girl was a demon-kin and flew away from the palace.
What do you think?" as Leanne asked Lana she could only give a wry smile.

"If that was the case, why on earth does she need to cut her hair?"

"Exactly!" she gives Lana a bright smile.

"If we use the evidence regarding the incident.
A missing maid clothing and a cut of hair in the fountain.
Doesn't that mean she is hiding amongst the servants as a maid?"

"Lady Leanne please don't joke around!
What kind of noble girl would do that?"

Indeed a noble girl being sent to do a maid's job is similar to a soft life into a harsh one.

"Because she's a demon-kin perhaps?"
The two then gazed at one another with silence in the air.

"..."

"..."

"..."

It made sense. Lana thought
Being afraid of being discovered and hiding amongst the servant in an attempt to escape.
But the moment the bell rang there was no news of any servants leaving the palace.

"Shall I collect the people within the servants who held dark blue hair then?"

 "Then do what?" Leanne asked.

"Find the girl with the silver eyes among them." Lana firmly said.

"That won't work." she shook her head.

"But why!?" she retorts.

"Demon-kin are crafty people that can shape their outer appearances.
They can even hide their wings at will if they desired so..."

It is true...

Even Estel was capable of hiding her silver eyes, changing them into a color she desired.
[Which she used when she first met Marissa the head-maid.]
Though she was troubled at what type of color she had used until a mirror was found.
It is one of the basic traits of those who were born with their blood.
The only thing they could not hide was the color of their hair unless they used magic or tricks such as expensive dyes.

"Then what shall we do?" Lana asked.

Leanne then had a grin on her face as she proceeded to explain her plan to Lana.
________________________________________________________________________________

Starting from Midday to Dusk.

Lana is now currently wandering and speaking with the servants observing their movement.
she had spoken to at least 25 female servants who had dark-blue hair who served the palace.
They were all youthful people hired by the palace scouts with each varying traits and skills.

As she then recalled Leanne's words.
"It's easier to catch a person habits when they are calm.
If my mother's words were true, about her way of manners being as elegant as a noble.
Then it shouldn't be too hard to find her." She calmly said then went with a mournful frown.

"Sadly I'm busy with other schedule's for my training as queen, so I can't search for her myself.
So... I want you to go around a bit in the palace and see if you can find her.
Since your most familiar with I who were taught as elegantly as possible!"

Lana gave a wry smile as she tried to retort.
"But Princess Leanne my job is to..."

"No buts!, I have confidence you can find her.
If that girl is somehow related to a noble of their race.
Doesn't that mean we can take advanta-*Cough*"
As she paused and stuttered.
"I mean help that person and make a connection with their race?"
Lana gave a tired expression as she was sent away by her.

[Ugh... Easier said than done princess.
My job is supposedly watching over and keeping you safe.
Why on earth am I doing this!] were her complaints but it was her direct command.

As she continued to walk the hallways of the courtyard she noticed two maid girls together.
One had short dark blue hair and eyes her expression showed an exhausted and tired look on her face. While the other had brown hair tied in pigtail's who had a happy, cheerful expression.

"Good evening." Lana greeted them.

Swiftly the exhausted and tired look became calm and composed.
She bowed gently to her with the elegant presence of a maid as she then said.

"Good evening..."

It felt unnatural and reminded her of the princess when she is tired in the middle of her training.

The other maid with brown hair then replied a bit late.
"go-good evening."

Lana's eyes were blinking multiple times, dumbfounded.
Gazing intently at the short haired girl.
but then a scent of tea she was familiar with...
It was sweet like honey-dipped with an elegant smell of...

"Mint?" Lana asked.

"Oh, you're familiar with the scent?
Well, I've recently made them." The girl with short dark-blue hair said.

She then stood tall without looking downwards like a maid
but sideways gazing at the corner of the room giving off an elegant pose.
To Lana, it reminded her of...

[Princess...
Sometimes, your sharp insights scare me.

I wonder though...
where did your childish self go?
Did you left it all in your mother's womb for your brother to take?]
She pondered those words in her mind,
As she began to tremble while in front of the two maids.
"Ah! is there something wrong?" The brown haired girl asked.

"Should I brew a tea for you?" The dark blue hair said, with a worried look on her face.
Lana could only give the both of them a wry smile as she invited the two of them for tea.

________________________________________________________________________________

Estels POV: Her Dismay and Panic.

[How on earth did this happen?
What on earth just happened!
Why am I inside the royal princess room brewing and having tea with her guard!?]

A few moments later Lana invited two maids to have tea with her.
They were guided to the room of the Royal princess who is currently away on a schedule.
Estel hesitated with a wry smile on her face she could only consign herself to the situation.

There were a white table and chair made with great elegance.
Along with brightly colored wall and many dolls lined up.
It completely fitted the room of the princess.

"Uhm... we shouldn't be in here," Luria said. (*Estel's Alias*)
"Please calm down, miss Luria.
I'm sure having tea with me for a bit won't hurt." With a brightly smiling face.

But Estel was shuddering, while inside her mind and she was screaming.
[Get me out of here!
SoMeBoDY...
AnYThInG...
GET ME OUT OF THIS PLACE!] as her heart beat rises in panic.

Her pale expression was completely written on her face.
The maid with brown hair who introduced herself as Sara noticed Luria's expression then asked.

"Luria, are you alright?
You look completely pale are you not feeling well?"

Estel smiled at her thoughts as she then said.
"I-i'm fi-ine." her words were beginning to stutter.

Leanne then gazed at Sara then noticed something.
"Aren't you the maid who lost her maid outfit?
My! what a coincidence..." as she said these words.

"Hm?... Ah! your that guard her royal highness were with!
I nearly forgot about you, until you mentioned it."

[Sa-Rah!] She shouted on her head.
[How on earth could you forget the Royal knight she was with!
Why didn't you warn me about it!?
Aaaaahhh, she truly is the ominous bad-luck girl!

I should have known it would end like this!]

Estel slowly grew paler and paler as she remained in the room.

"Why not have some tea and relax," Lana said to Luria

"Ve-very well..." As the teacup sit idly beside her, Sara then poured it for her.
Her hands began to shake as she drank it all in one go.

[Calm down Estel...
Your still not out yet.
They still haven't figured out who you are.
So... I'm stil-] as she tried to calm herself.

The sound of the door opened behind them with the sound of a *Clack*.
Her majesty lady Leanne has arrived in the scene.

Her ponytail was gone and was completely down now as it had plenty of curls reaching down below her waist at her back.
The expression on her face was as tired as Estel when Lana first met her.
But as soon as she noticed a young girl with dark blue hair and eyes.
Wearing a maid outfit.

Her tired expression was completely washed away.

"Oh! Lana, you did it." as she embraced Lana who was standing perfectly still as soon as she entered.

[Eh? did what?] Estel was confused at what was unfolding in front of her.

"But who's the other girl?" as she pointed at Sara.

"It appears to be her friend, her name is Sara." As Lana explained.

"Well, then...
Estel-chan its time to explain yourself."
The moment the princess said her name.
Estel went completely white and fainted with the sound of *Kyuuuu*.
Before falling to the ground covered in a soft rug .

"Ah! Luria what's wrong! wake up..." As Sara was lightly slapping her cheeks to wake her.
She was completely knocked out from the shock she received by her name alone.

"Oh... my...
I never expected her to faint like that..." were the princess response.

"What do we do?" Lana voiced her question.

"Nothing." the princess said.

"Eh?" Lana expressed a puzzled look while gazing at the princess who had a grin on her face.

"Miss Sara, Please allow us to watch over her.
We have a few questions to ask her before she can return to servants quarters."

"But..." Sara had a worried look on her face while gazing at Estel who fainted and now on the floor of her royal highness room.

"Don't worry, I'm sure she will work again tomorrow."
Lana who assured her things will return to normal.
She then nods and left the room giving Luria one last glance before the door closed on her.

________________________________________________________________________________

Writing this part was so much fun.
I finished it yesterday way quicker than I imagined.
Note: I forgot to add the extra-detail she had a french seam on her hair-style.
Still wondering if I should add that extra detail everytime.

49