Chapter 37: The Irony Known as Fate. -part 1
1.5k 5 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

They left at Dusk and Arrived at Night.
Before they noticed the silhouette of the black wyvern, it was already too late.

The large wyvern managed to slip in unnoticed while they moved to intercept the creature inside the academy. They landed and arrived within the academy as the sounds of its wings echoed across the place.

Guards and soldiers assigned readied their arms and weapons.
But with shaking hands as terror and confusion flew inside their mind.

Surprised by its arrival, due to the darkness of the sky.
The creature had given no signs of performing any attack against them.
It turned into a strange scenario where they simply gazed at the creature while it rested its head on the ground ignoring their presence.

As one of their soldiers used『Flare』magic to brighten the area, they swiftly noticed their own royal princess on top of it. A command then was issued to not release arrows against the beast.

As it noticed magic so did the creature's head raising and aware of their presence.
________________________________________________________________________________

// Nightly Arrival. //

She used the ornament she had obtained from her mother to turn her own hair into a dark-blue color. In order to blend among the folks who had similar hair like hers, making it more difficult for people of her own kin to seek her out.

Unfortunately for Lana who had terrible trauma from rides, she was the first to jump off the creature as she rushed behind a tree as the [Redacted] Meal, she recently ate took a terrible fate.
Leanne on the other-hand was clinging to Estel as she felt weak, after experiencing flight for the first time on the back of a giant wyvern.

However, she was first happy when she saw a grand sight of her own nation from the sky before finally experiencing the sickness of their travel.

As for Estel herself, she was currently bitter and sensing irony at the situation in front of her.

While her grandfather and Shadow knight apprentice Seid had jumped off, guarding them.
They were being cautious of the soldiers in front of them while waiting for one of them to step forward and speak to them or forced to show their strength against them.

As curious students woke up, watching from the windows were gazing at the scene.
Soldiers were in front of them, with their weapons ready and shaking with terror and anxiety in their minds while gazing at the giant wyvern. It's dark eyes gazed at them, its tongue moved like looking at delicious food.

Eventually, the headmaster of the school had appeared before them, shaking and calling out to Leanne. His top-hat and handsome appearance of mid-20-25 made him look like a capable man.

Leanne then requested Tyr, the letter from her mother as she took it from his hand to hand it to him.

As the headmaster looked at the letter with the royal seal of bristle.
His expression and eyes opened wide as he paled while shaking.
Written on it was.

________________________________________________________________________________

"Good day, Head-master.

Written in this letter are things, you must keep in great secrecy.
As the person who held this letter will undoubtedly shock you.
Make sure you must burn this letter upon reading this.

I would like to admit a daughter of a certain friend of mine from the demon-kingdom.
She's the daughter of the demon-king.

Mother of Rue from the fallen kingdom of Astoria, who is now known as the Shadow Mistress.
She seeks to keep her daughter here, without exposing her origins.
Right now her alias is Luria, her true name,
Of course, will not be known to anyone else except to them.

Make sure, to never expose their true identity.

Or else everyone and your staff will be subjected to Lese Majeste,
As they are an extremely important guest of this nation that will undoubtedly bring forth great wisdom to our people, should we succeed on keeping this child within our nation.

You have served well and maintained this fair academy as your predecessor had done thus far...
But now I must rely upon your aid in this time of need.

As for their goal.
They simply seek to borrow the equipment, room, and tools which the academy provide.
Of course, should they seek for more, be sure to provide as efficiently as you can.
For the fate of this academy and our nation is now standing on a thin layer of thread that may possibly bring us great ruin or a chance to rise above all nations.

Oh...
One last thing.
Beware, of the person who is guarding her.
He is a dragon that can burn our precious academy to the ground if he wished.

Good luck.
From Lyra, the Queen of Bristle."

________________________________________________________________________________

As the head-master had read the letter.
Pale and sweat in both anxiety and fear, he then gazed at Lady Leanne who was giving him a wry smile. He then swallowed the saliva on his mouth as he nods to her.

Then approached the group of people behind her along with the terrifying black wyvern behind them.

Finally, he then spoke while stuttering a bit.
"Go-good e-evening, my name is Evan Crowley.
The current headmaster of this school.
It's a pleasure to me-meet you."

While raising his hand to shake his hand.

Her grandfather then spoke.
"What a fine place you have here,"

"Though, before we make friendly greetings.
Can you make these fools, lower their weapons?
Or else, my pet here might go on a rampage and eat them all alive."

As he said these words, the wyvern then groaned feeling uneasy by their presence.
He then swiftly ran to the commander of the soldiers to remove his men around them.
As he requested the soldiers surrounding them soon left them alone, but still standing by from afar, wary of the danger of the beast.

"Is this enough?" he asked.
He nods to him as he then told him.
"We need a room for-"

Estel then spoke for him.
"We need a room for my grandfather and his apprentice."
His grandfather then gazed at her with questioning eyes.
As she answered.
"I already have a room in Leanne's place,
During my time I played a role as a maid for them.
You didn't expect your granddaughter to be with two men in one room did you?"

He then replied with a grumpy tone.
"I am here to guard you."

She retorted with.
"Lana is here to serve as a guard against human opponents.
Should any threat stronger than humans, arises.
Then you and I should notice it sooner than them."
Her grandfather groaned but it made sense.
He had a bitter and sad look as he gazed at her with worry with a bit of hesitation, he soon accepted with a reasonable demand.

"As long as you promise to rush towards my side,
Should something threatening appears.
Alright?"

Estel nods to him in response to his words.

As he walked towards the headmaster.
"Please prepare a room for two people,
also let us speak privately inside our room.
Regarding my granddaughter and my pet."

As the headmaster nods to him.
Evans soon requested him to follow.
But before he left, he commanded Seid.

"Seid!, Keep watch of Ashes for me.
Don't let him eat idiots.
It's bad for her stomach."

He saluted to him as a response.
As he soon followed the headmaster Evans with a wry smile on his face.
Leanne and Lana could only look at Estel in astonishment.

"Aren't you even the slightest bit afraid of him?" Leanne ask.

"We are in a circumstance, where he cannot harm me.
Also, he is my grandfather and perhaps even my teacher.
Since he mentioned about being personally taught by him."

Lana then asked...
"Can we return to our room already,
It's rather chilly outside."

Leanne agreed as the three returned to the building, where many of their things were left behind.
They expected a short visit to the queen, but it turned into a huge mess.
As they reached the building doorways.

All three swiftly plunged to their beds.
Their face's had tired expression written in it.

"This isn't the end of it, isn't it?" Estel asked with a tired expression.

"Of course not.
This is only the beginning." Leanne told her with a bored expression.

Lana then groaned as she said.
"Ugh, that trip was way more than I imagined."

As the two agreed to her words, all three closed their eyes.
And called it all night.
________________________________________________________________________________
// Estel's Irony. //

[Ah...
how the heck did my life ended up like this.
In the past, I looked at myself and saw myself as a bystander gazing at all these beautiful people.
I thought I was finally, free from my past.
All I wanted to live peacefully as a new person being a simple maid.

But now...
No matter how hard I try to avoid it.
No matter how much I tried to keep myself in the shadows...
The fact my blood and past somehow cornered me in such a way.

I suppose it is...
Kind of ironic for a princess such as myself to ask for a commoner life, doesn't it?

But now...
I'm standing at the center of attention while Leanne and Lana stand at my side,
Along with my grandfather and my very own personal guard.

One might think, I'm boasting but I am not the least bit comfortable with this.
These people are now, undoubtedly curious about who I am.
Like the protagonist of a damn story.

This...isn't...
What...I...Wanted...
To happen at all!] while shaking her head in frustration.

Her grandfather had provided Estel with clothes that came from her mother after her arrival.
He arrived during the night, knocking at their windows providing her with it.

Using the ornament forming her hair into a single bun as it elegantly showed the color of her dark-blue dress that had a frilly and gaudy design to it.

She was now being guarded by Seid wearing an altered version of the shadow knight armor.
Hiding the emblem of their kingdom, it was now pure-white and showed little of its former and terrifying darkened look.

Her grandfather, on the other hand, wore a teacher dress given by the headmaster as he acts as her personal professor. With the letter given by the queen, he had no choice but to comply with his demand.

All gazes at them, in both curiosity and intrigue.
As her grandfather finally gave Estel a schedule of his chosen interests as he left her as he went ahead to prepare. Her face froze the moment she saw it.

The days of being a maid are over.
Now it was time for her to experience being a noble daughter of the demon-king once again.

Current Time: Morning, around 7:00 am -8:00am

New schedule:
8:00 am - 9:00am = Arcane Studies
9:00 am - 10:00am = Horse Riding Seasions
10:00 am - 12:00am = Weapon and Arms Practices.
12:00 am - 1:30 pm = Break

1:30pm - 4:30pm = Arcane Training.

Estel froze at what she saw, as Leanne and Lana took a peek.
Leanne could only give her a surprised and pale expression as she said.
"Wow, is your gramps turning you into a knight?"

Lana, however, was gazing at it with intrigue and confusion.
"How on earth is this on the list?
This schedule is rather, new to me.
Lady Leanne you should apply to this kind of schedule, as well!"

Leanne turns her head in denial.
Lana, however, gave her a glare as she complained to her.
"You weren't able to do anything during that whole chaos!
Isn't it about time, you stop acting like a spoiled child who avoids such activities?
Even Luria herself is participating this time, so you should join in as well!"

Leanne retorts with a grumpy look.
"You're just saying that so, you can remain training with your sword.
With that arm's training, you spotted on her schedule.
Aren't you?"

Lana as her eyes changed into panic as she smiled at her.
"Of course not!" denying her accusation.

"You could at least learn to defend yourself for once.
Instead of just relying on others."

But Leanne then replied.
"Fine."

"Eh?" Luria and Lana expressed surprise to her word.

Leanne then said.
"Your right, during that whole scenario.
There was nothing I could do.
Even If I could pry out the truth and search for clues by observing their words and action.
It won't matter if my safety isn't guaranteed."

Estel could not help but show worry for her.
But Lana had a bright and joyful face as she then said.

"It's good, you are finally looking at things objectively."

________________________________________________________________________________

=3= Yes, it's not over...
Old characters are inbound.

35