Chapter 49: This Screwed up life of mine. -Part 1-
1k 10 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

// This screwed up life of mine. //

Sometimes I wonder why I always get myself caught up in this bullshit.
Attacked by bandits, Undead, and now crazy fanatics.
Give me a freaking break,
I just want to drink tea and learn more about the world a little!
What is wrong with that!?
What is wrong with this world?
I feel like some kind of huge magnet just shoved itself up my ass.
The moment that stupid sorcerer sent me in the middle of nowhere!

With my body all tied up in this cloth, there's absolutely nothing I can do.

NOT!

Before I was kidnapped and taken away I swiftly rushed towards the desk in the corner of the room, where Lana usually knits. Underneath it was scissor's which I desperately NEEDED.

It was both fortunate and unfortunate that these lunatics conjured 『Silence』inside the room.
After this crazy woman greeted me, she triggered the spell and they couldn't hear the sound of the desk opening or notice me using magic as I stored it inside my shadow.

During that moment I tried to scream and make a noise but no sound was coming out, that it almost made me thought I was going deaf. This crazy woman probably thinks I'm just a simple girl who is in need of rescuing. Without Aisha not around, the odds of me getting out of this mess using magic is zero.

I know little of magic only shadow storage and worthless vacuum spell that is only good for cleaning. What a pain...

But don't underestimate me you HAG!
After watching my friends take down the knights,
There is still a chance for me to escape if they could distract her a bit.
I'll make sure these ridiculous fanatic's go down!

Estel who was extremely agitated at what was happening vowed these words inside her thoughts.
While observing what was happening outside, she glances at the fanatics in front of her.
Her smiling face and blood-shot eyes that show weariness,
While she vigilantly gazed at her with a wide smile.

[No good, she's a magic user.
If I try and escape now using my flimsy magic.
She might notice.
I also don't know what spell or tricks she will conjure up.]

Being wary of her opponent she waited for an opportunity as Lana and Levere managed to catch up. They are now performing a counterattack aiming for the backside wheels of the armored four-wheeled carriages they were in.

Lana prepared her spell on the left, while Levere on the right pulled out his shard at the same time readying his weapon to fire.

As soon as Lana cried out.
"Now!" Both sides focused their attack on both wheels on the back of the carriage, as it flies off the moving carriage making a bumpy fall. The coachman who noticed their presence stood and began to attack them conjuring spells of his own as he threw it at them.

With skillful horsemanship, the two managed to avoid it but were forced to stay at a distance.
Until they take that person out.

Estel inside the carriage hit her head behind the wall of the carriage, but the fanatic priestess in front of her wasn't bothered by the slanted position of the carriage and continued to watch her like a hawk. The horse continued to pull the carriage to drag it forward, their movement was effectively slowed down however, allowing Lana and Levere to advance further.

But Levere saw another threat, one of the horseman knights managed to recover and catch up from behind. "Lana, Deal with the rest!" as stopped his horse pulled out a longer cylinder attaching it to his cylindrical weapon.

His weapon had turned into some kind of sniper in modern times but it's function utilized magic instead and required time to fully charge it in order to fire.

As the rider in front of him ready his weapon while riding his horse closing the gap.
The cylindrical weapon began to glow as it soon affected the newly attached cylinder.
The magical inscription outside of it then began to glow.

"So much for faith." were his words as he pulled the trigger.

Feeling the recoil as he felt pressure from his shoulder when he fired it.
A small fire-bolt came at him in an instant as it struck it's helmet knocking him off the horse.
Unfortunately, it wasn't capable of piercing a person skull and functions to burn its target from afar. The fact it only struck its metallic armor failed to cause anything to burn but left a large dent on his helmet.

He gazed at the cylinder on his weapon as it oozed with steam then crumbled to pieces.
"Tch!?" clicking his tongue, he gazed at it as he said.
"Another failure." he then turned to the trail where Lana chased after the carriage and follow her.

A few steps of his horse towards their direction, he then suddenly felt a heavyweight in the air.
His horse then refused to move forward, as it started to knock him off while it fled away towards the opposite direction. He could only feel worried as something from where Lana was...
Caused the creature to flee away.

________________________________________________________________________________

// A Sudden Dilemma. //

As Lana catches up toward the broken carriage she reaches the side and saw Estel while gazing at her from the window, she was bound by a cloth and ropes around her body then another woman who was calmly smiling. But there was still another problem: their coachman is throwing fire ball as she turn her horse from side to side avoiding it.

Conjuring a bolt of ice as a counter, he ducked in response while the carriage moved forward.

[What a nuisance!] Lana thought.

Throwing magic at one another she continued to fight him.
But there was another problem which her eyes noticed too late.
She saw a rain of arrow heading directly at her.

She tried to steer the horse away to avoid it.
But their speed was not something that can be easily avoided.
While the horse made a sudden turn in an attempt to avoid it.
She skillfully coated her body in ice to defend herself from the coming projectiles.
The horse took arrows along with her as Estel watched this.

Her shocked expression turned into despair as she cried out her name.

___________________________________________________________________________

// How the heck did it end up like this?... //

Tell me...
How... how the heck did it end up like this?
I thought things would be fine.
All I needed was a chance to escape.
A single moment of distraction.

When I saw Lana coming for me on the side of this broken carriage.
I had already freed my hands inside this cloth, then slowly cut with the scissors from the back of this stupid cloth. Waiting for that single moment where I can jump to her side and escape.

But my hopes were instantly dashed.
The moment I saw her figure as arrows pierced her body along with her horse falling into the dirt.
An emotion of despair as I watched her fall gripped me in terror inside my chest.

Fear of her dying.
Terror of losing a friend.
Worry of Leanne's Mourning for her.

I imagined watching her grave.
Aisha wasn't around...
I cannot heal her.

My ability to use magic was on the level of a beginner.
I cannot save her.

I then remembered the time I was alone in my room.
So Lonely...

[I don't want to be alone anymore.
I don't want to play with just doll's anymore.
I want to remain living happily with them.]

"Please... *Hic*
Stop this carriage.... *Hic*
I beg of you... *Hic*"

As I begged the woman with tears on my eyes.
I felt a deep pain in my chest.

________________________________________________________________________________

// The Fanatic Leader, Greatest Mistake. //

Ah... just like the scripture's had said.
The pure white holy dragon, which can heal anything with their tears.
I had believed they were simply legends in some fantasy story.

But the moment we have heard the young girl of Art's family being cured of her blindness.
Along with the incident in the palace within bristle.
I was completely ecstatic while researching the old records about them.

Everything about the detail's regarding their immense power to command light.
But the most intriguing aspect of these old records was the accuracy of their description.

Pure silver hair and eyes, along with how harmless and human-like they were.
How our emblem turned out to appear as the holy dragon itself was a great discovery!

If I present her to our leader.
I would undoubtedly be rewarded with riches and honor within the order.

Ha-ha-ha-ha!...

All we need to do now...
Is use that tool and brainwash her into our own.
And we can turn her into a symbol for our order.
Not only that!

If these stupid demon-kins comes after her.
We can finally have an excuse to use this as the start of a religious war with her as our symbol!
The other nation will undoubtedly follow suit as the very populace are influenced by our holy crusade.

Ah... I can imagine a great number of those fool's pouring wealth into our order.

As she gazed at Estel intently imagining the scenario of her twisted desire.
Estel's face had turned to shock as she watched Lana fall from a rain of arrows.

"Please... *Hic*
Stop this carriage.... *Hic*
I beg of you... *Hic*" were her words as she expressed her worry for Lana.

[Ah... how beautiful,
Those silver eyes shining beautifully with her tear's falling.] As she reached her hand towards her cheeks as she caressed it.

She took a bit of her tear's with her hand as she licked them.
Estel's face went pale with anguish as she saw her do so.
Her tear's as she gritted her teeth, but all of a sudden.

The sound of ripping cloth can be heard as the woman saw her hand free from the cloth holding the scissors on her right placing it on the side of her neck using it as a blade.
Estel then threatened her.

"Stop this carriage at once!" with shaking hands, fear and desperation were written on her face.

[How... unexpected.
But everything is all instructed in the men in front of us.
The checkpoints are all ready, and even if those fools managed to catch up.
I highly doubt they can survive the number of people we have prepared.

We planned this meticulously when we have confirmed the suspicion regarding her true nature.
The soldiers of bristle won't be able to catch up nor dare to challenge us.

Not only that...
Even if she were to kill me, the coachman is as devout as I am.
However, that fierce glare of her is truly beautiful.]

"Oh, Blessed one.
You don't need to worry,
We will take Gooood care of you." while caressing her face.

As she heard her words her expression changed from anguish to dread.
while she stood inside the carriage, there was no hint of fear in the female fanatic's eyes.
She then smiled at her with great joy as she said.

"It will be a great joy if you were to take my life.
But it will not stop this carriage as you were destined to be a part of us."

Estel then dropped the scissor's in her hands the moment she heard those words.
She gazed downwards expressionless for a few seconds.
The fanatic thought she had given up.

But this was simply the beginning...
Her expression swiftly turned to rage, her hand gripped her neck.
While gazing her eye to eye as Estel raised her body from where she sat with both hands choking her.

While the Fanatic priestess gazed at her eyes she then noticed it.
The silver color of her irises was tainted in red, as her hair shifts from silver to black.

What she saw was different from what she had read.
"Your... Urghk!"

While being choked by Estel,
Estel had eyes that were filled with hopelessness.
She did not respond to her words but as she closed her eyes and reopened them.
Her eyes had changed to that of a dragon.

Her left arm had begun to reveal her scales as it shapes itself partially into a dragon.
Within these short moments, the carriage they were in was beginning to crumble as it simultaneously occurred.

It was then the Fanatic Priestess had realized her mistake.
"You're... not... the... holy dragon?"

________________________________________________________________________________

// The Moonlight Dragon. //

"Tell me, what do you know about them?"
As the demon-king asked his mistress Rue in the middle of his work.

"About what?"
She tilted her head in confusion unable to read the conversation.

"The Moonlight dragon," he said.

Rue replied as she tries to recall her past studies within the castle.
"I know little of them.
The only thing I found in the book's when I was studying your languages.
That they were an ancient race of light dragon."

Her husband grinned at her as he then said.
"You are correct.
However, there are more to them than being ancient.

They are a certain special race of the white dragon that only comes once in many centuries.
White dragons that are capable of using shadow magic."

Rue then retorts.
"But aren't most dark dragons incapable of using light magic?
How are they capable of doing so?"

He nodded to her in response to her curious question.

"Even my own race doesn't know." he sighed then said.

"There is no such thing as a dark dragon that can use light magic.
But there is a light dragon that can use shadow magic.
That is what makes them unique and extremely rare."

He then asked her.

"So tell me, what is the common thing between light and dark?"

Rue had one brow raised with an annoyed expression.
As she continued to pull out documents from the shelves helping him with work.
"What's with these stupid questions?
Isn't it obvious that light and dark are complete opposites?
They have nothing in common."

She placed down the bundle of paper to his desk, he then replied.

"Light cannot exist without darkness.
Darkness cannot exist without light.
Unlike any other element that extinguishes each other, they are equal."

Rue replied.
"Your point?"

He then grinned while stamping the papers with the symbol of the demon-kingdom.

"Fortune and Misfortune,
Light and Darkness,
Life and Death,
Miracles and Calamity."

Rue finally had enough with his riddles.
"Just get to the point!
We got a lot of things to do!"

He then said.

"Your daughter Estel is a moonlight dragon."
Rue's eye's widened in surprise.
As he then continued.
"In the distant past when a moonlight dragon is discovered, they are instantly placed as a crown prince or princess of this nation. But now that the light dragons are extinct such old tradition had been thrown away.

I kept it a secret in the council,  but the frost queen is going to discover it eventually.
So I'm telling you this now." She frowned when she heard that and retorted.

"But Estel doesn't want to become a queen anymore.
Nor does she seek to return here!?

Haven't Esla already been decided as the crown princess?"

The demon-king made a bitter expression as he then said.

"That is exactly the problem!

They still haven't decided who is the crown princess or crown prince yet.
Esla has made many achievements within the territory and ahead of the other candidates making her a prime topic.

However... those fools are still hesitating to accept her even after all that she had done.

But... if they discover that Estel was born as a moonlight dragon.
They will anonymously choose her to become the crown princess regardless of her will.
Because the moonlight dragon isn't just a simple tale of legends in children books within this nation.

It was said in tales that the moonlight is a race that can create miracles when they feel blessed.
They can also create calamities when they feel cursed.
Often foretold in stories that they hold a power which no other race can surpass.
Which makes this problem even more troublesome."

Rue face could simply pale as she heard him explain it to her.
As her husband then gritted his teeth while gazing Rue with concerned eyes.
"I worry for her..."

Then said-
"My first wife will undoubtedly expose her to the council.

I kept it from her while feigning ignorance trying to buy time.
While also giving Seid a letter to my grandfather telling them to escape.
She will undoubtedly discover it, eventually." As his expression grew pale Rue then asked.

"What should we do?" she asked with a concerned look.
He simply replied.

"Let us wait for the result and pray that she will not find out." were his words to her.

=3=
It's hard to determine if my chapter is crap or good.
After all I ain't earning anything and have no editor to point out how dumb this one chapter is...

Experimental chapters are there to *Test* a certain scenario in the story.
So read em at your own risk.

29