S-2. Chapter 3: Everything is fine. -part 1-
926 5 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As Esla and Nea flew to the 6th floor they soon reached Estel's room.
Though, to their dismay what they discovered were.

A maidservant covered in cloth sleeping while flinching.
Her clothes were stripped of her as another one of Estel's victims.

From head to toe except underwear still remaining.
She also had a strange unhappy look on her face seemingly having a nightmare in her sleep.

Esla could click her tongue while biting her thumb.
She then called the guards in search of her.

"I never expected this would happen so soon."

Nea could only ask as she inspected the maid covered in cloth from her bed sheets.
"Did your sister do this?" while showing a repulsed expression.

At that moment Esla could only shake her head in confusion.
"Don't ask me...
Even I can only assume what is happening."

// Watch your Step. //

During the morning...
She has eaten the meal provided by the servant,
During a lapse of a moment with the aid of her familiar placed it's tail on her shadow, it then places a spell on her.

『Nightmare』

The servant soon collapsed in a mere instant.

Unfortunately, Estel's ability to put her target to sleep only works efficiently on humans.
Demon-kin possessed a natural resistance towards it, that the best it could do was simply cause her opponent to lose focus, as she once tried it on one of the servants.

While the servant slept:
She then proceeded to steal from the servant who served her food.
Wearing rimmed glasses with her eyes changed in color,
Her familiar soon added a bit of touch of her own magic on her glasses to make it less noticeable, from a distance.
 
Her dark hair neatly dressed in simple braids it made her blend in amongst the servants that carried similar features allowing her to swiftly move around. Her scales were bandaged and covered that it seemed like she was an injured servant in the palace who was earnestly working.

But...
The clothes were a bit larger than she expected as they grinded a bit on the floor.
There was also another problem.

 [Where the heck am I going!?]

She became lost.
While Estel had lived in the castle,
There was never a chance for her to explore it.
She could only vividly recall area's which she simply recalls leaving as a child, using such memories.

She found stairs spiraling downwards which lead to a door which she recalled could only be the exit.

Opening the door in eager hope of reaching the exit.
After a few steps.

...*Tok*

...*Tok*

... *Tok*

Her body turned 180 degree's downwards as she soon realized.
The exit ended in a cliff where the demon-kin simply flies out of the castle to continue their leisurely work.

Note: Current location 5th floor of the castle.

"Eh?"

A careless mistake that she realized too late.
Her mind swiftly fell into panic as she screamed for her life.
"GYAAAAAaaaaaaah!"

A scream of a young girl falling to her doom, she watched the glasses fell from her eyes to the ground as it broke to pieces with a tear on her eyes and open mouth as the earth drew in closer.

Her short life flashed before her eyes.
Seeing images of the adventure she had on her days in Leanne's side.
She then recalled a complaint from Aisha.
[What kind of dragon doesn't know how to fly?]

With seconds left to reach the ground.

It was at this moment a guard who was keeping watch barely caught her on time, he nearly struck a tree evading it as the person rose upward towards the sky once again.

"This is the third time a human clumsily fell off these doorways.
Your lucky, I'm sober right now."

He said while carrying her in his arms.

But Estel did not respond.
He then gazed at the girl he caught only to realized her wide open eyes and shaking body stricken with fear. With a surprised look on his face, he then cried out.

"Your majesty!?"

Instantly caught.
Estel feature's had been a popular topic within the castle which made it easier for them to recognize her.
 
Not only that...

Despite changing the color of her eyes the demon-kin can easily see through changes of their own races. But Estel couldn't care less, because her mouth was foaming in shock as the guard that caught her soon panics. After facing not only her greatest fear but also her traumatic experience she could only faint in shock at that moment of time.

________________________________________________________________________________

// Her second mistake. //

As Esla heard news of Estel being sent to the infirmary after an attempt of escape of nearly falling to her death, she soon walked with Nea with confusion in her mind but then asked.

"What on Gaia's name is going on here?!
What kind of crown princess steal's a servant's clothes and tries to escape!"

Esla shrugged at her question as she simply made a short hypothesis.

"Estel never did such a thing before...
I suppose her life in the few months outside the castle changed her this much."

"THAT'S WAY TOO DRASTIC OF A CHANGE!?" Nea cried out as she soon said.

"I've heard news of the crown princess renouncing her title.
But to the extent, she would make an escape attempt is absurd!"

Esla could only sigh while giving her a wry and tired smile.

Though her reaction wasn't unnatural.
Many candidates sought the title of the crown princess due to its power over the other candidate who will become an important figure.

But... this was possibly the first time a chosen candidate would voluntarily renounce her own name and also make an escape attempt that she landed herself in the infirmary of her own castle.

As Estel and Nea reached the door to the infirmary.
They soon heard Estel's angry cries.

"I said, I'm fine!
Let go!"

Her sister saw the scene of a female doctor holding unto Estel's patient clothes, she was trying to pull it away from her as she tried to make her way outside the infirmary.

"Please your majesty!
At least wait for your set of clothing to arrive!"

Estel then retort.
"Where did the maid clothes I once wore?"

A servant swiftly retorts.
"Such clothes are unfitting for someone like you!
If his highness sees you like that, they would undoubtedly faint from shock!"

"Then let him!?
Now... LET GO!"

As she pulls the white linen cloth as the doctor fiercely held tightly she turned her head and saw her sister, gazing at her with a pale expression.

Estel froze the moment she realized her presence too late.
She let's go of the cloth in shame as soon Nea asked Esla.
The female doctor who tugged it soon fixed his posture in a similar manner.

Nea was shaking, suppressing her ability while showing a bright and calm smile.

But the reason why she did so was due to the fact:
The flower on horns had changed into a dark purple color.
Due to shock and agitation.

Signifying, the scent she released will now have become toxic.
Then she said.

"Care to explain what on earth is happening.
For what I recall, she was taught by her majesty.
But this is quite an unsightly for a crown princess."

Estel gazed at the young lady beside her,
A single phrase struck her mind.
[Beautiful like a being right out of a fairy tale.]

She was like a canvas of a picture with the theme of nature itself.
But Estel could simply grow curious the moment she said the word *Crown Princess*.

"Sister...
Care to introduce me to her?"
Estel said while smiling at her, returning to her polite and elegant ways.

The two could only look away from her as she tried to fix her posture.
Estel could only flinch in embarrassment as it occurred.

Esla could only sigh at her pitiful sister as she soon introduced Nea to Estel.

"She is Nea Natura a half-dragon dryad.
A candidate for the crown princess and a friend of mine.
She came here to complain."

A bright smile came to Estel's face as she heard it.
Swiftly approached her with brilliant eyes.

"Lady Nea!
Please help me.
Take this ridiculous title away from me!"

The flower on her horns soon changed its color to a bright yellow.
Nea at this moment could only give Esla a shocked expression with her mouth gaping in confusion.
Esla replied to her with a deep sigh while shrugging and looking away from her.

________________________________________________________________________________

// Inevitable. //

Later on, Estel clothes arrived and were permitted to leave the infirmary.
They soon explained what occurred to her as she nearly fell into an accident.
Esla could only give Estel a bump on the head as she nearly got herself killed after only recently arrived in the castle.

Apparently, the mender's used a bit of magic to cure her of her shock.
As nothing physical harmed her they were relieved and thankful for the guard present at the scene.

After calming down they soon moved to a private room used for guests.

After they reached it.
Nea was showing confusion and frustration on her face.
She soon then asked.
"Wasn't she confirmed a dragon?
Can't she fly?" She said with a smiling angelic face.

Esla rolled her eyes in dismay as she said.

"That's basically one of our problems.
She sprouted her wings, but weren't able to properly able to train her yet."

"Doesn't everyone grow their wings at the age of 9?" Nea asks with a puzzled expression.

Esla replied.
"It appears Estel is a bit special.
Her wings sprouted during an accident at the age of 14."

"What the heck is up with that!?"

"It was accidental on her part.
Everyone including my father was speechless that he swiftly sent his men to look for her.
I hitched a ride with my grandfather on tow."

Nea was put to silence after she answered her questions.

As Estel tries to sneak away from the conversation, slowly moving towards the door
Esla had grabbed the collar on the back of her clothes.

"No Flying!
Absolutely no FLYING!" She shouted while trying to get her hand to let go.

The two gazed at her, as she shook and trembled to try to get away from Esla's grip.
"You nearly had an accident.
And you're still saying that?"

Estel paused, while her eyes were shaking and trembling as she imagines it.
"It's not that I don't want to fly.
Aisha my familiar is currently not present.
And the bone wings I usually have can't really fly."

As Estel make excuses a bright light soon enveloped the room.

"Eh?" was the word she could only say during this moment.

Aisha the white-winged familiar soon appeared in front of her.
"I thought you would forget about me again and-" as Aisha complained it gazed at her with its mouth gaping.

Estel turned her head to Nea and Esla.

Nea was speechless as she saw the white creature in front of her.
But that wasn't the only thing she was gazing at...

Esla was gazing at Estel too with a puzzled expression.

Estel had no choice but to ask.
"Is...
There something on my face?"

Esla soon turned to the window in the room as she turned it towards her.
It was then she understood why they were gazing at her with a surprised look.

The dark color of her hair and eyes had changed to grey.

Aisha soon spoke.
"Explain yourself, LUNA!" the white dragons shouted calling out her name.

A black dragon at the same size as Aisha soon appeared from Estel's shadows.

"Seriously, do you blabber out the name our first master had given us?
I prefer to be called the dragon of disaster you know."

Aisha then replied.

"You know full well that the fault lies on the weak minded heir's,
Who couldn't accept the torment our ancestor faced.

Do not accept such a ridiculous name.
Now that we have such a reliable master."

Luna then yawned.
"Yes, this child recently nearly got herself killed in an accident.
Because she couldn't fly.

Even the bone wings weren't able to materialize because of her being paralyzed by fear of a simple problem such as heights."

Aisha then gave Estel a blank expression.

To which she retorts.

"It was an accident!"

as she said those words, Luna then said.

"She also made an excuse while accidentally summoning you by calling your name.
But I suppose it's best, you assist this youngling to learn how to properly fly first.

Her sibling is right there, recently discussing regarding her lack of flight."

It was at this moment, Estel knew...
She was screwed.

Aisha had a wide smile as the small white dragon flew on her shoulders.
"Then please, help her overcome her fear of heights.
It's pathetic for a being who held so much potential to have such an unnecessary weakness."

Esla was gazing at Estel with a blank expression.
The word "Fear of Heights" stuck inside her mind.

Estel's face became pale unable to retort to what was transpiring against her.

Nea was gazing at astonishment as this was the first time she had ever heard of a dragon possessing familiars of opposite elements. But she will soon be amazed as Aisha soon flew towards Estel as she crossed her hands in an attempt to block it.

It was inevitable as Aisha simply entered her body with illusionary feathery grey wings sprouting from her back.

Nea gaped at what she was looking at.

Esla was surprised as well.
But kept her composure as it soon became an opportunity to explain it to Nea.

"Now does this make more sense now?
Her familiars are technically her wings because she came from a race known as the moonlights.
The council had been persistently forcing her to be the crown princess, because of this.

Though, this was the first time she had ever shown her wings like this..."

Estel was frowning as she glanced at Nea and her sister with embarrassment.
"It's way too flashy, there's no way I would fly like this!?"

Esla, however, was not taking a NO for an answer as she soon tugged her clothes dragging her towards the garden. Nea was silent, she was gathering her thoughts as she followed the two.

She could only wonder.
[Is it wise to teach someone who is trying to run away.
How to fly?]

________________________________________________________________________________

I still wonder if my past-chapter still connect's.
This is what happens when I don't have a glossary and only character detail's. X_X

Also changing the titles of the season 2 to make it less lengthy. *Bleuuurgh*

33