S-2 Chapter 4: Everything is Fine. -part 2-
996 8 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Sorry, couldn't update yesterday.
I ended up binge reading another story.
This chapter is a bit confusing =3=" as there were not enough details to describe everyone in a single chapter.

[What the heck am I doing...] Estel said with a blank expression on her face.

She was now dangling on top of a tree upside down as vines caught her, with her grandfather looking away while Esla and Nea gazing at her in distress. Even if she was showing an unsightly view Estel made a terrible crash landing upon her first try of flying only to be saved by a tree inside the garden.

The place was protected by a dome and located on the rooftops of the castle on the 8th floor.

Aisha then complains to her.

"This is what happens if you close your eyes while flying,"

But Estel retorts,

"Let me correct you.
That is what happens when someone drags a person who has a fear of heights into flying on the 8th floor of the castle!?"

The dome possessed a crystal clear view of the lower city below them.
It also has entrances allowing people within the castle to enter it.

It wasn't that strange for Estel fear of height to trigger the moment she saw the large canvas of the city up above, while Esla's attempt to teach her how to fly.

She first dragged Estel up high, then she told her to posture her wings so she would glide in the air the moment she let's go. Her plan was for Estel to at least learn how to flap her wings to safely make herself float at least and land by herself.

But it soon backfired when she closed her eyes when fear and panic controlled her actions.

Thankfully, the garden was a vast maze stretching across the area that one would simply call it a gigantic forest full of rare plants.

It is also used as a dueling arena for any race, but is there a risk to the foundation of the building?
________________________________________________________________________________

The answer:

The Demon-castle itself possessed self-repairing capabilities similar to a dungeon, allowing its structure to not fall apart no matter how many times its walls is destroyed. It feeds on Mana which demon-kin releases through magic as though it was a living breathing through it allowing it to strive indefinitely.

Even the wall which Estel drove her father into swiftly repaired itself as Estel woke the next day.

However due to the danger of the castle turning against its people.
Magical Restraints were placed across the corridors preventing monsters from being born.
This also affected its ability to repair itself taking at least a day or so to fix itself.
________________________________________________________________________________

After Estel crash, her grandfather could only give her a wry smile.
He expected her to at least become talented as she did in learning magic.
But didn't expect her to make such a terrible fall.

If that wasn't bad enough.

Natasha, the former crown princess who is now known as the elder of the frost dragon.
[Who has a history with Tyr after booting her off her own title in favor of Stella.]

Were with four more candidates who were chosen as candidates to being the crown princess.
Their purpose was to confront the current crown princess and see for themselves the chosen person of the council the five sought answers similar to Nea who wished to know why the council swiftly decided without saying the reason why she was chosen.

[Note: The council had decided to place a gag-order on Estel's true race to the masses.]

"This is the crown princess chosen by the council?
You can't even call that flying.
That's just simply gliding then crashing." Natasha ruthlessly said as arrows pierced his back.

Her grandfather then retorts.
"This is her first time flying,
Give the child a break."

But her eyes stared at him with daggers.
"Most dragons at the age of nine could flap their wings and float at least.
Are you telling me?
This is the moonlight dragon which you aspired to raise." as she giggled a bit.

Her words struck him like javelins piercing his guts, he couldn't retort.

The other three candidates were restraining their laughter,
while also some of the princes who sought the king's throne who was with them was giving wry smiles, they could only question the decision of the council at this moment.

During that time, frost queen daughter who was Esla's rival was looking at the scene with joy.
She then approached the scene while making a mocking remark directed at her.

"I expected your sister to be someone impressive to overtake you on our battle for the seat.
But it turns out I was worried for nothing."

But Esla retorts to her with a tired expression as she the vines Estel on and catches her.
"Try convincing the council first,
If you can, that is..."

The two stared at each other with conflict in the air.
Nea who was at the center was observing, Estel who had a really tired expression gazing at the males and female observing her as she cover's her face in embarrassment.

[Ugh, how the heck did things end up like this!?] Estel cried out in her thoughts.

________________________________________________________________________________
// Explanation //

After Estel was dragged out of the room by Esla, with Nea following her.
The many servants of the castle gazed at her strange wings as it is unique in its appearance.
But couldn't question her as Esla who was respected was pulling her hand while Estel felt conflicted and embarrassed.

During this time:
They soon encountered Tyr who was searching for Estel.
He was carrying Estel's experimental collar as he swiftly explains to them his intent.

Nea, however, was baffled at Tyr's purpose as she asked.

"Isn't Estel already 14?
Weren't dragon collar only used on children!?"

But she didn't understand Estel's capability as a demon-kin.
Neither did she experience nor seen records of it.

Esla and Tyr could only look at her with a shrug, Estel, on the other hand, couldn't complain as she wasn't aware of her own action during the time. Her grandfather placed the collar on her neck.

It was made from some kind of monster's skin yet somehow felt comfortable to wear.
While small chains were connected to soft leather to be placed on the back of her elbow then connected to ten rings as Estel wore them with annoyance.

Estel complained a bit as she felt the cold metal chain touch her skin, she then asked.
"What exactly is this?"

Her grandfather then said.
"It amplifies your ability to use magic.
Though, I'm not sure to what degree.

Technically, It activates on its own.
When there's a surge of energy flowing directly in your spine."

Estel tilts her head a bit.
"Surge of energy flowing in my spine?"

Luna replied from her shadow.
"Let's simply say, when you are on the verge of going insane from power.
That thing around your neck keeps you sane."

It was then Estel understood what Luna meant.
She didn't want to see another one of those records of herself going berserk.
The moment she touched the crystal which records her own insanity she swiftly let's go.
Afraid of what she had done to her grandfather while she blacked out.

After all, one of his limbs were missing and the fact she murdered a person was still vivid in her mind trying to forget the whole scenario took place.

Soon the conversation turned to Estel learning how to fly.
To which her grandfather took a large interest, as he himself wished to see her how she would perform. Though things took a huge turn when they were greeted by a group of important individuals after taking flight with Esla in the gardens.

Which is how this whole chaos had begun.

________________________________________________________________________________
//The Factions: //

Apparently, after Nea's arrival, four different carriages entered the castle with their distinct factions.

The Blue faction which manages the arcane studies and mystical arts.

The Red faction which powers the military and forges.

The Yellow faction who lived in the mountains crafting the most abundant amount of powering magical crystals for the use of gate and protecting the city from outside forces.

Finally, Grey faction which managed most of the human resources housing both undead and living into their work-force.

Esla works with the Shadow Faction who takes on a special task that deals with enemies which the military forces cannot handle. A private force of the king which served as the vanguard of the kingdom.

Each one housed a prince and a princess chosen by their own faction as the rules had changed after the current demon-king had begun the seat.

In order to prevent competition and pointless bloodshed for the throne, each faction will vote for their ideal candidate for the throne.

It was one way to preserve the current line of the races without losing potential leaders when their numbers had already dwindled from the previews chaos. Recommended by the Demon-king himself as he presented it to the council despite breaking the current traditions.

Which they swiftly accepted.
As the demon-kingdom was undergoing vast changes during that hour.
They too care for their own people while establishing a less bloody way of claiming the throne.

Because in their past tradition to obtain the throne the candidates require to fight to the death or permanently renounce themselves from it. This made a lot of convoluted plots to occur within the castle for the sake of the throne.

It was simply something that had to end to prevent another anarchy from happening.

The change will also now follow the council's rule of being chosen by them.
Similar to how Estel was chosen becoming the crown princess.

They will now dictate the next ruler with a prominent background or powerful ties connected to their race.

Though, because of how they kept the reason for Estel being chosen.
Their curiosity had begun to erupt after a few days as they swiftly took off to the castle to see for themselves why...

Natasha who was with her chosen candidate from the frost dragon clan of the blue race on her side is referred to as the Winter Prince. She swiftly took notice of the other carriage and greeted them, she had realized that none of their parents were with them and decided to group themselves as she herself understood their reason for coming.

Which is to see if the Crown princess was worthy.

Anyone would be surprised to see that the crown princess was not Esla but the one regarded as a "Failure." They wondered what tricks she had done to gain the attention of the council to swiftly enact such a title so soon.

But to meet Estel, they had to follow procedures and matters.

They were stopped by one of the elders of the council members to place them in the reservation for meeting her. It would shock the crown princess if she was suddenly visited by a large number of people after all.

During this time they were sent to the gardens for them to discuss their own thoughts of what had occurred in the castle. With their wings flying they soared to the upper floors.

And thus...
While Esla was teaching Estel how to fly, they were swiftly spotted by accident as they swarmed in to see the crown princess for themselves.

Chaos then Insued.

________________________________________________________________________________

// I don't know my Sister anymore//

Esla's PoV:

[Ah... what happened to my sister?
In the past, she wasn't afraid of heights and was an extremely careful person who was all meek.

I thought she was the same person when we met in the Bristle.
The same gentle sister who I loved and caressed in my arms.

But what the heck is going on here?
She placed a spell on a servant then stole her clothes while disguising as a maid.
Then nearly got herself in an accident after only recently returning home.

I have already known she disliked the crown princess title.
But still isn't she acting a bit too reckless?

I am glad that, she had shown courage as she complained to the council

But she had completely changed as a person.

As her sister, I am happy for her who had finally found a burning spirit inside of her.
But... when I saw her act unlike a princess I sometimes worry for her future.

She had made her wishes clear that she doesn't wish for the throne as Queen.
But, the fact that the table had flipped for her for the better.
Doesn't make sense why would she refuse the title as Queen.
Now that everyone has full support for her.

It was ridiculously strange for her who had worked hard to learn the etiquette of being a queen to refuse such an honorable title.

Did staying in that country for a month changed her this much!?] Esla deeply sighed while thinking.

While on the way to the gardens I told her that she no longer need to worry about me.
That she can help me fulfill my desires by being the Queen but the words she said to me was...

"Sister...
Please, don't say such a thing!" She tugged my clothes with her small hands her eyes were beginning tear, with an extremely pale expression on her face. I was baffled by her expression but also confused so I dropped the topic at that moment.

But unknown to Esla, Estel's thoughts at that moment were.
[If you choose to say that now,
I'd lose the only reason I have for rejecting the throne!
If that happens, then my peaceful life is broken...

They will surely make me do something ridiculous like give birth to many children.
To revive the fallen clan of the white dragon race!

That kind of life can't be called peaceful!
I'D RATHER RUN AWAY IN THAT CASE!

Not only that, the moment I tried to renounce the throne,
Queen's eyes felt like she was gauging me, expecting me to say yes.

That moment completely mortified me.]

Which is currently her main concern and reason for her desperation to escape the castle as soon as possible.

...

...

...

Present time, after Estel crashed into the tree.

[She couldn't even keep herself afloat.
I still remember the days where I pick her up out of the window so we could fly to her classroom on the lower floors of the castle when she was still five to nine years old.

I don't understand when or how she would develop such fear now?]

While coming closer and removing the vines of the tree she tangled herself in.
She fell making a small noise, as I caught her light and small body.

After inspecting her up close,
she didn't seem as threatening as before compared to the day she went berserk.
I'm glad she came back to normal after that battle.

My father seemed happier lately as he finally managed to break the ice between each other.

But then again...

"I expected your sister to be someone impressive to overtake you on our battle for the seat.
But it turns out I was worried for nothing."

[Ofcourse, this haughty girl would say something so obvious.]

"Try convincing the council first,
If you can, that is..." I replied to her.

As we both gazed at one another with daggers.
Estel was showing confusion on what was happening.
She didn't know these people, nor have any connection or participated in parties during days of celebrations.

She gazed at them with suspicious eyes while hiding behind my back.
I couldn't help but look at her and say, how cute.

But still, I shouldn't let my guard down.
Estel is still capable of mowing this whole place to the ground if she were to go berserk.

But still...
What was the Queen thinking!
Presenting her to the council, when she still unstable!
She's like a ticking bomb that can destroy half of the castle!

"Aren't you the crown princess?
Why are you hiding behind your sister's back?"

This crazy girl still doesn't understand what was happening.
I deeply sighed.
"Estel, let me introduce her to you.
She's another one of the candidates.
Her name is Myr, the daughter of the frost queen."

Estel tilted her head.
"Does that mean everyone there over there are candidates?"

She pointed her finger at them which some of them frowned at.

As expected of my sister, she is swift to notice.
Most of the princess and prince are older than her.
Though there are a few who is similar age for her.
"Estel it is bad to point at people,
But yes, they are...

They must be curious why you became the crown princess."

It was then Estel made a joyful look as she soon calmed down and presented herself to them, as she politely showed them her courtesy.

After a few seconds she then wholeheartedly said to them.

"Please, help me convince the council to remove this stupid title from me!"

To which I swiftly smacked my face with my own grandfather following suit.
Nea was right there watching things unfold still baffled by what my sister was thinking.

________________________________________________________________________________

35