S-2 Chapter 5: Everything is Totally Fine -part 3-
945 10 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

// Past Grudge. //

"Please, help me convince the council to remove this stupid title from me!"

The princes couldn't handle it anymore as they burst out in laughter.
The female candidates, however, weren't happily giving her a wry smile.
As for Natasha herself, she swiftly walked towards Tyr with a bright and eerie smile on her face as he took steps away from her keeping the distance between them.

"Tyr, Explain yourself.

What kind of tricks did you fools commit?
To have such an ungrateful child like this as the crown princess!"

With a bulge on her head, she said to him.
Tyr then tries to reason with her.

"Don't ask me that question!
It's a really complicated situation for her and everyone else.

And besides!

You should be asking the council and your daughter that question!
She was the one who presented Estel to them in the first place!"

Natasha swiftly retorts with agitation.
"Then why did you not stop them!?"

Tyr replied with annoyance.
"Because I was still severely injured during that time!

That crazy daughter of yours didn't even tell me her intention!

She went there while I was stuck in the infirmary taking advantage of the situation.

Even my own son couldn't stop her!"

But that simply irritated her even more, as the air became colder around them.
As the elder frost dragon was showing pure fury in her eyes.

"You're telling me my daughter was the cause of all this.

Don't joke with me, she's is my most promising child.

She would never choose a child so frail and pathetic as this!"

She then stomped her foot forward as ice formed on her front foot creating multiple jagged ice aimed at Tyr. He swiftly evaded to the side and sprouting his wings creating distance between them.

"You crazy old hag!
Are you trying to kill me?"

To her reply.
"As if you would die to that easily.
Now let me give you a piece of my mind for all these years you put me through!?"

A fight broke out between the two.

The garden was beginning to turn into a chaos filled area while candidates watched at the scene in front of them in amusement. But they soon turned their attention to Estel when she said.

"Shouldn't we be stopping them?"

The two candidates from the blue faction simply shrugged.
Myr who is Natasha's granddaughter then said to her.

"Grandmother had a long beef with your grandfather.
It was inevitable that this will happen."

As the two flew dueled one another Tyr was at a disadvantage who only had a single hand as he tries to avoid direct confrontation he simply fought her at the distance while searching for an opportunity.

But she wasn't happy with that.

"I have heard new's from my daughter that life had returned to your eyes.
Did your long idle days turn you into this chicken?"

To his retort.
"I'm not senile enough to fight you in equal grounds woman!?
Are you having fun now, that you have the higher ground?"

In reply to his words.
The Elder frost mother threw a frosted sphere at him it soon exploded in front of him.
It soon produced a wave of frozen nova around the garden covering everything in Ice.

All of the candidates were capable of protecting themselves from it in many different ways.
Some covered themselves in plant-life like Nea.
Other's produced a wall to block the wave.

As for Esla...
She pulled Estel into her own shadow, Aisha swiftly noticed her intent and released itself from her back to prevent interference of her own magic. As she was pulled inside the shadow it temporarily made them untouchable for a few moments, then two then bounced up behind the shadow of the tree where Estel crashed in.

"Hup!"

With Estel on her arms, she landed on the icy terrain making a small crack on it.
Their attention soon returned to the elder dragons dueling in the area.

Natasha had a wide and happy smile on her face as he fights Tyr.

As she observed the battle Esla then said.

"Grandfather is going to lose."

"Eh... why?
Isn't grandpa the former demon-king?"

To Esla's answer.
"Natasha is the former crown princess and once a powerful rival of your grandmother.
In terms of strength, she is one of the most powerful who was chosen to be his Queen to be.

But your grandfather had other intention and swiftly kicked her off without a care.
After that their relationship soured into this."

Natasha is trying to close in and force a close duel between them.
Abusing his missing limb but Tyr understands the danger of getting close to her as it will inevitably result in his defeat.

"Can't he just use magic?" she asks.

To Esla's reply, she then explained it to her.

"Even if grandfather can use a variety of magic.

Using them at extremely close proximity to one another can be detrimental as it can risk himself of being caught in it.

It is also difficult to use complex spells when she is looking for that opportunity to get closer to him so basically, this battle is a stalemate until grandfather is caught."

Estel gazed at her grandfather with worry, she felt guilty because of his lost arm.

She then turned her head to the candidates who were at a distance watching the fight.

They were at a distance away from their fight while the rest of the candidates were observing the two former leaders battle each other. The boys were making bets, while the girls were glancing at Estel then looking back at the fight.

Aisha then said to her.
"If you are so concerned, why not try and stop them yourself?"

Esla replied to it.
"How do you stop two rampaging elder dragons, I wonder?"

Luna who came out of Estel shadow then said.
"Easily actually..." it's tail pointed at Estel's collar.

"If what her grandfather said, spoke true.
Then we simply need to draw their attention."

Estel skeptically replied to her.
"I don't think.
Interfering with magic is enough,
To put a stop to their fight."

Aisha answered her skepticism with a grin.
"Want to put it to the test?"

Esla was curious about what the two familiar had in mind as she then reassured her.
"Don't worry, if the queen somehow got angry and comes after you.
I'll be sure to assist you in our escape."

With her sister support, the two familiars then climbed on her shoulders.
Estel herself had a bad feeling about it, but she couldn't refused them and didn't have much of a choice.

________________________________________________________________________________

// Nietzsche //

Aisha turned into grey wings on the left side of her back,
Luna then said.
"Try to recall the moment you felt.
On the day you woke me."

Estel then went quiet, while the sound of the battle between Tyr and Natasha continued.

She reached her hand forward, recollecting the bits of memory of the day she strangled the priestess a few days ago.

But then inside her mind...
The image and face of that person slowly changed as it soon riled up her fury ever further. She then recalled a piece of memory that she never expected to see in her current life.

The face of the con-man she murdered in her past life then in a flash of the moment she recalled it all...

"Heh..." she laughed a bit as she then thought.

[A famous man once said:
When you gaze long enough into the abyss, it is said that the abyss gaze's back at you.

I never imagined recalling such a terrible memory would cause me to remember him.
Normally a person would feel guilty over killing someone...
Though, it wasn't my first kill since from the very beginning.
This man had turned me into a monster that I can never forgive him for all he has done.]

In Luria's life, she did not reach the con-man easily.
She had to work for him disguising herself with another name.
Lie's, deceit and ways to carry his favor through her looks and guile.

In order to get closer to him, she had to risk it all.
Many times she had been tricked and nearly caught by the law, thanks to him.

But in the end, she had proven herself skillful in escaping through means of using blunt objects to knock out someone or using dangerous drugs then stealing their clothing to slip away from them. Sometimes she had to prepare a set of different clothing before enacting her thievery.

This appeased the con-man and saw her as a reliable asset, who had remained at his side despite the many times he had deceived her. But his excuse was simply that he was testing her ability and decided to take her in as his apprentice.

As he soon shared his targets to her aiming for their wealth and riches.
With every victim, her hatred for him grew deeper and deeper.
Until she finally found her main goal.

Which led to result in brutal murder by her own hands.

And by recalling these moments, the sound of the collar around her neck made a *click* noise as it turned itself performing its purpose. The chains and rings in her hand gleamed in a dark color as her dark scale's had begun to draw in the energies around her.

It was at this moment she then said.

"I am ready." positioning her hand as though she was holding onto something.
Her eyes had shaped itself into a dragon but far different than before as her right reflects the red eyes of the raging side of herself while the left shone in pure shining silver.

Unlike before, she had become calmer and showing much more control than before.

Aisha who had already become an armlet on her left then echoed beside her.
"We are the light which brings forth miracles."

Luna's who had imitated Aisha as an armband was on her right following in response to his chant.

"I am the shadow which carried the darkness of our kin."

A small sphere then formed in her hand, then instinctively she Aimed it in front of her.
But little did she knew, Esla had an eerie feeling from Estel as she bent light and darkness around her. Instinctively she subconsciously took a few steps backward away from her.

[Luna and Aisha]:
"Together we are her guide.

This child who bears the burden of our noble race!

Grant her your power and show them your might!"

With each sentence the sphere then grew larger and larger until it reached the point it had touched swallowing it, the crackle of energies around her made Esla falter unable to approach her.

She gazed at it in horror, while the other candidates felt an instinctive fear as well.
As they turned their gaze at Estel's direction. They gaped at what they were looking at...

A gigantic sphere of light and darkness were formed in her hand.
Esla shouted at her but the sound was absorbed by the wind that enveloping around her.

Aisha and Luna spoke in unison as they guided Estel.
"Aim it slightly upwards, turn it a bit."

As she did as they told, the sphere crackled and moved as she felt difficulty in changing its direction. Feeling the weight of the magic in front of her, as soon as she slightly angled it.

The two familiar swiftly said.
"Release."

As they said this word alone, her arms pushed backward from the recoil as it moved forward in a quick speed. During this moment both of her wings disappeared, while Estel was pushed away as her feet took a slid on the ground as she soon lost balance from the ice. Esla caught her in worry and concern she then saw Estel's eyes which had drastically changed as it soon turned back to grey.

As she saw it she felt relief but then turned to the magic she had released,

It had forced the battle between the two elder dragon to a stop as both Natasha and Tyr had both sensed its presence and avoided it, but saw it going further in the distance weightlessly up toward the sky.

It soon struck something invisible, as it soon enveloped the sky in a grey light.

Tyr gazed at it then could only assume it could easily wipe out 1/4 of the populace of their city in its splendor. Explosions from near the demon castle soon exploded, Tyr who was the former demon-king could recognize where they were located through his senses.

That place was the location where the barrier which protected the demon-kingdom from outside artillery attacks were placed.

"We are under attack!
Swiftly send the message and activate the emergency barrier!"
The cries of demon-kin as they rushed to put out the fires.

Both the elder dragons that once had fought turned their heads as it creaked.
Watching at Estel who was drained with a single eye open and gazing at what she had done.

It was then at that moment in her mind.
[What the @#(!% did I just do!
This wasn't...
What I EXPECTED AT ALL!]

She wanted to stop the two from fighting but it became something way more destructive than she had thought.

While her mind was crying in her thought, the grey light soon faded.
But it wasn't over as it soon turned into a darker color.

Once again, everyone turned their heads at the magic she had done as they soon paled at what was happening. It became a miniature black hole as it pulled a few bits of the building below it.

Those who felt the pull swiftly held tightly into the closest object they had as it lasted for a few seconds until it finally stopped. A few demon-kin was pulled by its force but after a few seconds, it fortunately disappeared.

Estel at that moment couldn't believe what she had done, her mind froze and her eyes became listless, dumbfounded at her new found power.
________________________________________________________________________________

// Everything is totally fine. //

After the incident, Estel was placed back into her room under watch.
The candidate who came to visit her was placed into the many respective rooms in the castle, postponing their meeting with her.

While the current demon-king was busying himself with the amount of paperwork directed at him and questions from the council. He could only sigh as the source of the magic was pinpointed at the demon-castle itself as soon it was discovered that it was his own daughter that was the cause of the chaos.

Meanwhile, current Queen of the Demons Clariss.
Swiftly reprimanded her mother Natasha for her behavior, Tyr couldn't escape her wrath the moment she discovered Estel was put into such a predicament and was powerless to stop it.

"I can understand you have a long grudge against our step-father.
But couldn't you at least speak to me?
Before you cause this kind of trouble!"

She shouted at her with irritation.

Her eyes turned away at her own daughter unable to respond, Tyr was already scolded by her upon her arrival in the rooftops of the castle.

Where Estel was being listless from shock.

Esla, on the other hand, was being questioned by the candidates some even tried to slip by her and approach Estel but couldn't approach her thanks to her protection.

It was pandemonium in the demon-kingdom, the demon-kin was panicking after watching such a scene had occurred above their skies. Fortunately, only a few were injured from falling debris from the aftershock of the grey light nor did it create a shockwave similar to an explosion.

It did not reach the buildings to arm anyone and those who flew was fortunate enough to not get accidentally struck or caught by it.

Later on, Estel was named as the Crown Princess of Calamity within the castle.
While giving them a warning to not provoke her, in fear of causing another disaster to occur.

________________________________________________________________________________

// The Queen and her Mother. //

Meanwhile:
Clariss had spoken to Natasha alone in her room.
She sat on a chair in a table with devices beside her, while Natasha was alone sitting in front of her.
With a crystal on her hand, she then activated it, a sound soon erupted from it.

"Tyr, Explain yourself.

What kind of tricks did you fools commit,
To have such an ungrateful child like this as the crown princess!"

Natasha's voice echoed from it, as it recorded a part of her words.
She then paled in response when she heard the recording.

Apparently, Clariss had already sent one of her men to watch over them.
She was already walking towards them but was a bit too late as the damage was already been done.

Her daughter had a grin on her face as she replied to her question from the record.
"Do you really think the council will simply choose a crown princess so- recklessly?"

Her mother swallowed the water in her mouth, she understood her words as it struck her deeply.

"Surely, you understand how important that kind of person is...
To our country who is searching for a person of that kind of power to secure the throne."

Her mother then replied with a pale and serious expression on her face.

"She might as well become queen now, with that kind of power in her fingertips."

Clariss frowned at her suggestion.
"I would if I could..." she said with a sodden expression

"But that child is still a young whelp.
She cannot control her abilities just yet.

The fact she can't even fly was quite a surprise...
But the fact she just destroyed one of our greatest magical defense which is capable of handling grand scale magic without utilizing a spell was an intriguing discovery."

As she placed another stone on a device beside her as it shows Estel's conjuration of the sphere.
It baffled her mother even more.

"Look closely, she only produced light and darkness in one big ball.
It can't even be called a spell because that's simply pure concentrated magical energy.

Now imagine what kind of things she could do, if she was skilled enough to produce a magical spell with it?"

A single sentence entered her mind in surprise to her words.
[She can wipe out an entire country.]

"If a child such as this, would become Queen in the near future.

I can clearly see a future where countries would tremble in their feet as their country is wiped cleanly off the face of the earth."

But her mother then worriedly replied.
"But child, however, seemed to reject her own title.
How do you expect someone like that to become a queen?"

Clariss simply scoffed at her.

"That problem has already been resolved."

"Resolved?
Don't you think she will run away if you force her to carry this little charade of yours?" she asked.

"No matter where she runs,
No matter where she goes,
Eventually, that child will without a doubt become Queen of this country."

Curiously the Natasha then asked.

"How can you be so sure of this?"

She took a deep breath then said to her.

"As long as she has familial bonds.
She will undoubtedly return.

But until then...
I will remain till she has fully grown, as the Queen that watches over her throne.

Those who are against it,
Are free to try and defeat me first in a duel for this seat."

Her mother could only nod in response, her eyes shone with resolution and confidence.
She simply shook her head and said.

"I suppose our clan could remain at its highest until that child takes it from your seat.
Your daughter, however, won't be happy about this."

But she simply smiled in response.

"My daughter had already seen the difference between her and that child.
I'm sure, we have taught her enough.
To not play with fire she cannot contain."

"I see...
But, if she were to run away and never return?"

Clariss grinned.
"If that was the case...
Then..." *chuckles*

She chuckled a bit and simply said with a wide grin on her face.
"I will be the first to find her.

After all, we can't let the last of the light dragons to simply fade away.
Now that we saw the unique power their race possessed."

________________________________________________________________________________

Note: My brain is completely out of sync when making this chapter.
At least I finally finished it and edited a few bits on the past chapter.

*Such as names:
I actually named her mother Letisha but changed it to Natasha, curse you.
Foggy memory!*

Well at least I fixed it.

 

27