S2 – Chapter 18: Debt’s to be Repaid (Part 4)
578 1 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Luring away the beast from her grandfather.
She distracted it while using the buildings as leverage.

Her body was small and she felt a sting with every breath it fired as its light grazed her each time.

『Wasn't I suppose to be immune to magic?』she complained

『I can only guess that the first blast we took weakened our ability to resist it.』

Indeed, the scales of the light dragon are peerlessly resistant to any kind of element.
Capable of breaking them down to nothing, but everything carries a limit.

It specialized in breaking down spells and shattering the mechanism upon contact.

But...
Its breath is basically composed of pure heat and light itself.

While the power of scales broke it down.
Her resistance and ability to weaken it broke down as well.

As she continues to take more of it.

To the point, where her scales had begun to weaken and show signs of weakness.

It was at this moment,
she realized its attacks were beginning to whittle her down.

Most of the citizens had already fled the moment everyone saw the two dragons fighting right in the center of the city.

Estel simply was right in the middle of it when her father fell.

『I wanted to lure it someplace safe...
But...
We don't have the luxury for that, Do we?』

『Unfortunately no, we don't.』

Running on top of roofs as the beast hunts her down with relentless fervor.
With every step she partook,
She felt memories surging into her mind.

Memories on a skyscraper in another world, where Luria moved flawlessly as she made daredevil like movements where a human usually gets severely injured in a single mistake.
However, even a single mistake won't kill her but will ensure to slow her down for the beast to pin her down.

It helped her keep on track as the beast lunges repeatedly like a beast hungry for its prey.

She entered windows and homes in a rush to escape taking advantage of her newfound power as she broke through doors with her strength and slid underneath empty tables as the creature continues to break walls and hunt her down as the roof began to rumble.

Aware of where she was...

All she was doing was delaying the beast from reaching her.
While she was still trying to grasp hold of her newfound abilities.

With every deadly attack, the rampaging monster did.
she avoided it, following Luria's voice to assist as she felt its killing intent with a great thirst for them.

Estel's body sometime moved on her own with Luria partially controlling it to save her skin.

They were undoubtedly in dire circumstances.

Estel's magic who was now able to produce the same spheres of destruction she once made.
Did little to only tear through its body, only for it to regenerate with incredible speed that she shouted.

『That's seriously, UNFAIR!』

Fighting it recklessly is foolish.
Distracting it away from the city was their strategy.
But even that had reached its limit.
Because the creature could sense where she was.
As she did with it.

『No escaping this kind of fight.』Luria said.

Estel replied.

『Seriously, How the heck did it end up like this?

As Estel made a last stand against the beast,
Its attacks were one-sided and predictable,
as she countered and conjured a sphere directly at it once again.

This time it revealed a large crystal inside it, protected by some kind of protective barrier around it.
She felt a presence from it like a beating heartbeat with mysterious echoes coming from it.

『Save us.』

It's body then simply regenerated in mere milliseconds while it seems to also be able to resist her attack as its whole body was still whole as it was enveloped in her magic.

Whatever it was made of, it was without a doubt made from the materials of her own race.
Which made Estel even felt disgusted by it.

『Luna wasn't kidding about it, possessing limitless regenerative ability.
But to think they would use materials from a race that is already extinct?
So much for being worshipped as holy dragons.』she complains with disdain.

As Estel was countered by another one of its breaths.
She used the debris and building to hide once again, but then she noticed it.

The bodies and victims of the city.

『This is my fault isn't it?』Estel felt bitter.

『Don't blame yourself for this...
We are not the ones who unleashed this thing.

I can imagine them using this creature as an example to those who try to mingle with your country.

By labeling them as Evil they can easily persuade the rest of the country to inflict an impetus on your race.』Luria explains with reason.

Estel was furious at the person who did something so vile...
Even in the demon-kingdom humans were regarded as foolish and cruel.
But they respected those who carried ability among them which is why they still accepted with only the curse of being unable to leave their country.

But this was not the time to discuss why the creature was there rampaging in the city...

It was time to think of a way to stop it.

 *Crash*

The sound of debris as it struck the buildings of the city.

『When will this end!』she cried out.

Taking opportunity she shifted her scales into a darker color as she collected mana from the air.
Time then began to slow as she heightened her senses then proceed to strengthen her physical ability.

Her intention is to tear the crystal inside of it.

『Estel, this is reckless.』Luria said in response.

『Our magic has no effect,
we need to destroy that thing from the inside!』

Was her only answer answer.
Producing a powerful blast right in the center of its body where the crystal was is sure to end the creature.

As she said those words, Luria then said.

『We shouldn't.』

『What?』

She was puzzled by her words.

『That core, didn't you felt a presence of the souls inside of it?』

『The only thing keeping this thing alive is the magic that connected that white material around it. If we severe it from that thing, it should stop moving.』

『How sure are you about this?』

『Spiritual beings such as I live in this world at a different time than the material world.
We are either taken by the world and reborn as new beings or Capture and Imprisoned by magic.

That thing is using a vast number of souls as a source of power which is why it contains limitless magic, each one is releasing mana and is currently being used as fuel.

Don't even imagine how terrible that kind of fate is...
The reason why it rampages right now is simply that there are too many souls inside of it...

Imagine being inside of you containing multiple beings, you'd go insane that your first instinct is to kill the living out of jealousy.』

『How... how do you know all this?』

『I was summoned here by a sorcerer.

Let's just say,
They ended up messing with the wrong spirit.

He never imagined being tricked by one and getting killed in his own shenanigans.

I apparently suffered that same circumstance until I successfully killed the caster and freed my soul from his control,

After that...

I wandered the world then ended up getting bored in this world and falling asleep until you woke me up.』

『Hey wait I woke you up?』

As Estel continued to flee and avoid its attacks, the two continued their conversation.

Sceneries changes.
They were now in the marketplace.
As Estel continued to dodge and circle the place to avoid more victims.

She snatched a fruit and munched as she tasted its fruity juice as she listened while evading the beast.

『Yes, normally when a spirit is awake time stops turning for them.
But when they sleep.

Time moves forward and they are either unable to wake up.
Or find themselves being dragged into something troublesome.

I went to a secluded forest,
Away from the region of sorcerers and anything related to magic.

Then I decided to sleep there. 』

『Your presence and your cries were the reason why I woke...』

『Thats... a bit embarrassing to hear!』she said while being hounded down.

She then dashed into a building and fluidly she made a sharp turn where another window was present as she jumped into it. The Dragon charged at the building where she dove into and destroyed it as she continued to make her dash for escape.

『You don't need to feel embarrassed.
You are still young you know?

I'm not sure how old I am,
but I am sure that I am now extremely ancient,
looking at how different the world I now walk in.』

Every building was strange for her, it was no longer the time she was summoned.
For her, it was strange that she has not deteriorated as other spirits like the others.
She has remained whole despite sleeping for so long.
Which what bothered her the most.

『It's nice to know such things...

 But...
Are You Forgetting the fact!』

As Estel ran the creature was now soaring in the air firing its breath towards her.

『That We Are Still Being Hounded By This Thing!』

The creature was now above them as Estel was able to successfully confuse it.
But it easily shortened their gap with one another as it fired beams of light towards her, as she swiftly shifted her scales to silver in response.

It then made signs as it began to dive towards them.

『Estel, get ready!』she shouted as an image of Luria's intention flowed inside her.

Estel's hand then moved on its own directing it to the ground as she shifted all her scales into darkened colors.

They were swallowed by her own shadow,

The creature plunged towards them with immense force as everything shook as the buildings around them rumbled as bits of stone buildings flew but remained standing.

『Shadow displacement』

After the impact she soon revealed herself.

A dark portal opened in the shades of the building near the beast head.
Her position changed, she was now above creature and able to reach its head.
This surprised the creature but it was all too late as Estel clumsily moved her darkened fist into a furious blow aimed at its head.

*Smash*

The sound of its head as the impact sends crashing toward a broken building.

But...
That wasn't all that happened.
Luria plan had borne fruit in that small instance.

As its neck was impaled with large woody debris from the destruction it had caused.
The two saw it and finally found an opportunity to finally put it down and tear the crystal inside of it apart.

As they drop to the ground and regained their balance they swiftly ran to perform their counter-attack.

But there was a problem that they never expected.

Estel lunges at the beast once again, it's tail however repelled her with great precision as it slaps her down like a fly.

『Guah!』

It then pulled its body as Estel in horror saw it...
She then understood why her grandfather swiftly fell...
Even though its head as stuck to a wall impaled.

Its body moved like an undead puppet as it pushes its body forward severing it from its body.

Then it slams its arms at her as it separated its head from its body like a detachable tail.

『You've gotta be kidd-』

『GUAH!』It's large claws had her pin down on the ground as it grinded her on the brick floor as it sends her lightly in the air as its tail made a vicious blow as she was thrown upwards toward the sky.

『ESTEL!』Luria cried out.

To make matters worse, its head was charging up another breath of light aimed at her.

『Shut up!』

『I know!』

Focusing on her wings, she swiftly moved to shield herself as it turned to silver.
The creature fired at the same time as she succeeded in her defense.

But...
*Crackle*

The sound of her scales as it cracked and broke as pieces and parts of it fell apart.

『It stings...』

With teary eye's she was thrown once again to the sky as the ray of light carried an impact with it.

『This is...』

『Impossible isn't it?』

As Estel said those words, she was now gazing at the sky.
Luria who was aware of their situation replied.

『Indeed, what an unfair fight this is...』

『Neither of us are capable of fighting this thing.』

A soul of a thief and an isolated princess that knew little of magic.
Know little of combat, they idly gazed at the sky.

But it was at this moment something...

Awoke.

As she recalled Roshan's words.

________________________________________________________________________________

『Let this wisdom come to you in your hour of need.』

『Reach for the sky and gaze upon it.』

『In that heat of the moment,
You will be granted the power of the strongest ability which your ancestors carried.』

________________________________________________________________________________

Her eyes gazed at the sky and towards the bright sun.

She noticed it.
It was so strange, as she saw the star's even though the sun brightly lit the sky.

The two then thought.

『Why does this look so beautiful...』

Their eyes are unaffected by the brightness of the sun.
It's almost as though they were embraced by its light.

Then they heard Roshan's voice.

『Behold, the secret of your ancestors.』

Her eyes could vividly see it as she continued to gaze at the stars.

A flow of knowledge was forcefully pushed into her head as it lightly ached.
But when she obtained it.

She then smiled.

『He really did give it to us.』Luria said.

『Looks like we might have a chance after all.』Estel said.

While in the air she took control of her balance as she proceeded to perform it.
The last gift of the demon-king.

『From the very origin of the Light dragons.』

『We were neither dragons of the sun.』

『Nor we were dragons of the light of the moon.』

『From the very beginning.』

『We were dragons made to roam the stars and embrace darkness.』

『In the depths of space, we found our place.』

『A place we could call home.』

『Yet, in exchange for living in this place.』

『We lost our ability to roam the star's.』

『But even, so...』

『We can still possess the power we usually carried.』

『We were dragons were capable of calling it forth.』

A power which she never expected she could use.
But there was a price for using such power.

Her body was already beginning to ache from the damage she took.

Her wings were injured and she was enduring the pain from it's bleeding parts.

But still, she endured it.
『We cannot lose here.』-Estel

『We cannot die here.』-Luria

『We are already so close to our freedom!』Both of them cried out.

As her wings shone brightly multiple spheres of light formed around her.
She regained her balance in the air as her wings flapped as it ached.
Blood fell from her mouth as Luria then asked.

『Are you sure about this?』

Estel said in reply.

『You saw it too.』

『The last gift of the demon-king was such a risky power.』

『If we fail this, we will likely die.』

In order to awaken such power, she must awaken her blood to its peak.
Estel had already grown a tail and a horn.
But it was not the peak which both of them saw.

It was a state of the body, where they manifested into light itself.
A form that transcended both immaterial and material.

On the knowledge they had obtained, they will either die trying.
Or become a being which all of the light dragons aspired to be...

Beyond the moonlights is to change into a dragon which is said to grasp the power of the stars itself.

Yet it comes with the cost of severely harming one's own body.

『The lives of moonlight are blessed enough as it is...』

『But if we ever had a hope of beating this thing.』

『Now should be the time.』

They now saw their opponent as it began flying towards them.

『It was nice meeting you, Luria.』Estel calmly said.

『Stop, jinxing us you fool!』Luria reply to her.

Estel gripped her chest as her human half began to heat up once again.
But now was a time to endure such pain as it closes the distance,
She had made a move herself.

She called forth a gigantic sphere of light behind her, that appeared like a second sun to those who gazed upward. The homunculus dragon saw it as a threat as it stopped its advanced and fired another one of its breath.

A ray of light was released from its mouth was again fired directly at her.

『Seriously, how unfair is that.』She said.

Its aim was directed at her with great accuracy that she thought it was disgusting.
There was a large distance between the beast and Estel herself.
She was above it while it was below her.
But despite it all, its aim was too accurate.

She then commanded the spheres of light around her to move.
Then the balls of light she had made then moved and spreads out like a great artistic piece in the sky.

As the giant sphere behind her began to move as well as it slowly swallowed her.
It began to slowly move towards it as its speed was like a large boulder.

It was moving spread around the beast as it  

The beam which it fired was swallowed by the light she made.
As it slowly grew in size like a ball of energy it grew.

As it realized its mistake.
The fragmented sphere she had commanded to move functioned like homing missile reached towards the homunculus dragon in all directions as it was too reckless to care about it.

Its balance in the air was disrupted with every strike.
But as the sphere in front of it was at a large size it slowly grew smaller.

It was then the creature felt danger coming from it as it fired another beam of light towards it.
Its size grew again but its rate of growth merely halted as it connected.

The sun that once appeared was no longer visible.
What revealed was Estel, whose body was now shimmering with power.
As magical lines around her body sustain her current form.

Spell:『Waking of the Star.』

 A type of spell which amplifies her scale's ability to absorbs any form of light,
When her scales could no longer bear it.
She was now taking them in.

Similar to how her darkened scales absorbed magic in the air.
The scales of light now carries the power to absorb them to no end.

But that was not all it had granted her.
As she gazed at the beast from the sky.

She then said.

『I'm so tired...』

In a single phrase,

She left a trail of light in the sky.

As she dove into the beast with fury as it crashed to the ground with an immense force that destroyed and tore apart 1/5 of the city. But even with that amount of force, the creature was still fighting as its body made out of hard yet gelatinous form continued to regenerate.

The fact that it did not feel pain despite the force Estel had given it.
Made her frown in disgust at the creature before her.

Calling forth the threads which her mother possessed as it bound it into the earth.

She then grits her teeth as she cried out.

『As if we are done with you!』

Estel at this moment used her claws to ruthlessly tear a hole in its body.
The strings which were once her weakness became strength her body no longer felt fatigue as it continues to struggle.

"RAAAAAAAAH!" She shouted with each swing of her arm digging deeper into its body.

The creature desperately tried to defend itself yet her threads have already bound its limbs.
with her current physical form unmatched, there was little it could do but howl in its rage.

Estel's strength was sinking.

Because this power only lasted for a short time.
She needed to end it now!

It tried to regenerate with every swipe she made,
but her physical form was stronger and faster than it could recover.
then she soon reached the pulsating crystal core of its life,
She dug her hand into it and pulled it out with all her might.

"HAAAAAA!" *Splatter*

A large crystal came out of its body as she yanked it out.
The spell around it which formed the dragon was broken by her scales.

The creature then lost all its strength and the winner was clear.
But even in their victory, Estel soon felt a pain on the human half of her body.
As she soon collapses with the large crystal on one hand as it fell to the ground and made a chime.

 

Announcement
If I had artistic talent it would have been amazing to draw her destroying 1/5 of the city. XD
17