Chapter 3 – Angry Grandfather
8.6k 33 152
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Grandfather, what are you doing here?” Yun Ling was surprised to see his grandfather. Ever since the old man handed his clan master position to Yun Zhan a decade ago, he had always been roaming the world and going on adventures and the like. He only went back to the clan once or twice a year before leaving once again.

He was someone who couldn’t sit still.

Although Yun Wei was 107 years old this year, he didn’t look like an old person at all. He looked like someone in his middle age, the prime of his life. Yun Ling’s father – Yun Zhan, on the other hand, looked like a young man in his twenties. If people who didn’t know them were to see the three of them together, they would think that Yun Ling was Yun Zhan’s younger sister, and Yun Wei was their father.

Of course, that wasn’t true. Yun Ling might look exceptionally beautiful but he was a man in both body and mind; then there’s Yun Zhan, he looked like a young man but had actually already fathered three including Yun Ling; and then Yun Wei, he might look like a middle-aged man but he was already a great-grandfather to Yun Ling’s daughter.

Speaking of...

“Wait! I really do have a daughter?! It’s not a fake?!” Yun Ling couldn’t describe the shock that he felt. All this time he had thought that the one who came here was just like all the others who had come to their clan before, fakes who wanted to try their luck in becoming Yun Clan’s daughter-in-law.

It turns out it was the real deal after all.

“But... I’m too young to be a father.”

“Bastard! Your father contacted me a week ago telling me to come home immediately and this is what I find?! A great-granddaughter?! What’s more, is that she’s already five years old?! Bastard, it’s all your fault I completely missed my great-granddaughter’s baby stage!” Yun Wei roared out, his spittle landing on Yun Ling’s face.

Yun Ling would have been disgusted if not for the fact that he was still in a state of shock.

Yun Zhan’s eyebrow twitched as he looked at Yun Wei, “Father, I understand that you are angry but can you please not call him a bastard? He’s my son and your grandson, after all. A legitimate son of our Yun Clan.”

“Shut up! I have always wanted a daughter I could spoil but when your mother gave birth to you and your brother, I was very disappointed!” Yun Wei turned towards him and roared.

Yun Zhan took out a cloth and wiped some of his father’s saliva off from his face in disgust. He had the urge to slap his father silly but didn’t do so out of respect. He was close to running out of patience though.

“Since heavens didn’t grant me a daughter, I left my hopes to you and your brother, hoping one of you could give me a granddaughter to spoil! I didn’t expect you two to turn out to be so completely useless! Your brother had one son and you sired three! Utterly useless!” Yun Wei looked down on Yun Zhan as if he was an ant.

Veins bulged on Yun Zhan’s hands as he furiously thought, ‘Endure, endure... he’s your father, don’t slap him. Just endure it. He will be done soon.’

“Now, I find out that I have a great-granddaughter?! How is this acceptable?! I don’t want my great-granddaughter to look at me like I’m a stranger! I must become the best grandpa in the world!”

At this moment, Yun Ling snapped out of his thoughts as he asked, “Right, where’s my daughter?”

“Bastard, you still have the nerve to ask?!” Yun Wei was about to slap Yun Ling but stopped when his hand was only an inch away from his face. Yun Wei’s anger faded as a complicated expression appeared on his face. Not even a second later, he got angry again. “Bastard why do you look so much like a girl?! I can’t even hit you without feeling sorry!”

Yun Ling and Yun Zhan only sweatdropped at him, ‘This old man had gone crazy.’

The two ignored the rampaging old man and took a step away from him. They knew that he becomes completely unreasonable once he gets angry.

“Father, my daughter, where is she?” Yun Ling turned towards his father and asked.

Yun Zhan looked at him coldly, “One thousand canes punishment!”

“Punishment?” Yun Ling’s eyebrow twitched.

“Although I’m not as exaggerated as your grandfather, I too wanted a daughter I can spoil. My ideal was to have two sons who can inherit my skills and bring the Yun Clan into glory, and one daughter I can spoil together with your mother. I don’t regret having you and your brothers but I wanted to have a daughter back then,” Yun Zhan sighed. “Now, I’m a grandfather. I missed five birthdays of my granddaughter, how can I let this go? You must be punished!”

“Don’t be ridiculous! I’m already twenty-three years old, how embarrassing would that be to be caned at my age?!”

“Why would that be embarrassing? Your father was thirty years old when I stopped caning him when he made a mistake.” Yun Wei said much to Yun Zhan’s ire and embarrassment. He didn’t want anyone to find out about that.

“Please be serious, father, grandfather!” Yun Ling stomped his foot in anger as he looked at the two resentfully.

Yun Wei wisely moved his gaze away from Yun Ling. Yun Zhan on the other hand started to hesitate after seeing the look on his son’s face. No matter how he looked at it, Yun Ling’s expression resembled that of a badly mistreated lady who greatly suffered from injustice.

He didn’t have any qualms hitting women as long as they are an enemy, but when it comes to his son who looked much like a girl, he couldn’t bear to see him suffer.

Nonetheless, Yun Zhan steeled his heart, “No. You need to be punished. It’s your fault that things turned out like this. The presence of your daughter has caused great turmoil in our clan. Some are starting to question my competency as the clan master for not being able to discipline you properly, others wanted to remove you as an heir candidate for the clan master position should I retire. Moreover, they are worried about your daughter’s background. It would be bad for the Yun Clan’s image if her mother turns out to be a prostitute from one of the brothels you’ve always frequented back then.”

Yun Ling’s face darkened, “This is why I hate politics, even this is an issue?”

“It is. There are other clans out there waiting for their rival clans to make a mistake. If those clans hostile to us find out that the mother of your daughter is a prostitute, they surely won’t let this go. They’ll certainly make use of this opportunity,” Yun Zhan stated while Yun Wei nodded along.

Yun Ling frowned, everything was much serious than he originally thought, “My daughter, is she really my daughter? Also is her mother here? Tell me everything.”

“She arrived here a week ago. We have done all the necessary genetic tests needed and even did it three more times just to make sure there’s nothing wrong. She’s undoubtedly your daughter, I could also see her resemblance to you. About her mother, we still had no idea. I already had some of my men check but they hadn't returned yet. Your daughter also didn't say anything about her mother.”

“Where is she?” Yun Ling asked.

“She’s in the courtyard with your mother and grandmother, you should go see her. She came here for you,” Yun Wei lazily pointed towards the courtyard’s direction with his thumb.

Cultivation Realms:

1. Foundation Establishment

2. Spirit Awakening

3. Core Formation

4. Four Transformation

5. Mortal Lord

6. Fate Dominion

7. Sacred King

 

152