Chapter 9 – Time to Get Some Answer
4.9k 9 106
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yun Ling fell into deep thought once he left his father’s study.

‘Even father’s men didn't find anything, huh?’  Yun Ling frowned. He really wanted to know his child’s mother.

Other people probably wouldn’t understand Yun Ling’s dilemma. How could one not know who the mother of his child was? How could they not know who they slept with?

But it was exactly that. He didn’t know. It was because he slept with too many women back then. There were too many possible candidates, and at the same time, he didn’t remember them all.

Yun Ling was currently 23 years old. He started sleeping around when he was 17 years old, about to turn 18. He had just found out the pleasure of flesh back then, and as much of a genius he was, even he fell prey to it. Before he knew it, he had become a slave to his lust. He started doing it almost every night with different women. He had done it with prostitutes, inexperienced women, even married women.

Of course, when it came to prostitutes, Yun Ling only frequented high-class brothels. It’s because these kinds of brothels made sure the women under them are clean and without sickness. Yun Ling also wasn’t the type to use protection so this was quite good for him.

As for why he doesn’t use protection...

It’s simply because it feels much better without it.

Yun Ling was a renowned genius in the capital, and he was even good looking to boot. He was so beautiful he made other women jealous and some men question their sexuality. It wasn’t too hard for someone wealthy, famous, and good looking like Yun Ling to find a woman to bed with.

If the number of women he slept with hadn’t reached 500, it was at least more than 300.

Aside from being perverted, he was also a terrible drunk. He couldn't hold his liquor and gets drunk after consuming only a small amount of alcohol. The number of times he had slept with someone while being drunk was a lot. The next day after that, he couldn't even remember anything.

This was the reason why Yun Ling didn't know who Yun Xia’s mother is.

Yun Ling went towards his mother’s place where he left Yun Xia off. When he got there, he saw Yun Xia playing with her grandmother. Yun Ling’s grandmother and grandfather were there too along with Yue Dongmei but that was to be expected since she was Yun Xia’s caretaker.

“Papa!”

Yun Xia immediately ran towards him.

Yun Ling smiled at her.

“I told you I’ll be back soon right?”

“Hm!”

Yun Xia nodded chirpily.

“Bastard, you’re here,” Yun Wei spat out when he saw his grandson.

Yun Ling’s eyebrow twitched. It looks like the crazy old man is also here.

“Grandfather, can you please stop calling me that? There’s a child here.”

Until how long is he going to call him that? Seriously, his grandfather sure knows how to hold a grudge. Two weeks had passed yet he’s still upset at him.

“Papa, what’s a bastard?”

Yun Ling, his mother, and his grandmother froze when they heard Yun Xia’s question.

The three instantly looked at Yun Wei with chilly expressions. Even Yue Dongmei was looking at him with an unkind gaze. Yun Wei instantly broke out in cold sweat as he took a step back.

“Yun Wei...” Ye Lin emotionlessly called out his name making him more nervous than he already was. His wife usually calls him darling so for her to use his name instead of that shows she means some serious business!

“I... I didn’t mean it...” Yun Wei weakly said.

“I know you didn’t.” Ye Lin kindly smiled at him, then she grabbed his ear and dragged him away from the place.

“SHE’S GOING TO CASTRATE ME! SHE’S A DEMON! HEEELP!” Yun Ling heard his grandfather’s cry of anguish as he was being dragged away by his wife.

Yun Ling sweatdropped at his grandfather. Those two really are a match made in heaven.

“Forget what your grandfather said, only bad girls say those words. Xiaxia is not a bad girl right?” Yun Ling asked his daughter.

“Yun Xia is a good girl.” Yun Xia frowned at him.

“Ling, what did you and your father talk about? It’s not one of those missions again right?” Li Jing asked with narrowed eyes.

Yun Ling noticed that his mother was not in a good mood.

“It’s not that mother, father just handed me an invitation letter for a banquet tonight,” Yun Ling quickly answered.

He didn't want his mother and father to fight again because of him. His mother was too overprotective of him while his father was more on tough love parenting. It wasn’t strange for the two to fight because they couldn't see eye to eye on that. It was pretty common for the two to fight because of this but if Yun Ling could help it, he naturally wanted the two not to fight.

“Anyway Xiaxia, can you play with your grandma for a bit? I have something to ask your caretaker over there.” Yun Ling’s expression turned serious as he glanced at Yue Dongmei.

Yue Dongmei was silent as ever. She was unfazed by Yun Ling’s gaze.

“Xiaxia, listen to Papa okay? Later, Papa will bring Xiaxia to a party, how about it?”

“Party?” Yun Xia's eyes glistened.

Yun Ling noticed this and inwardly smiled. “Papa is going to attend a party later. Do you wanna come with me?”

“Hm!” Yun Xia eagerly nodded her head.

“Well then, be a good girl and play with grandma. This won’t take long,” Yun Ling said, letting out a small laugh.

Yun Ling then went outside with Yue Dongmei following him. After Yue Dongmei closed the door, Yun Ling immediately grabbed her wrist and pushed her against the wall.

“You, it’s about time for you to answer my question,” Yun Ling demanded with narrowed eyes.

Yue Dongmei stared stoically at him. She closed her eyes for a moment and then let out a sigh. When she opened her eyes again, she looked at Yun Ling coldly spoke, “Very well. What do you want to ask?”

Yun Ling was mildly impressed at her. In this situation, she was still able to maintain her composure. Other people would have been flustered, angry, or react differently already.

‘This woman really isn’t simple,’ Yun Ling thought. He was even more curious as to what kind of person can afford to hire a caretaker like her. He, himself might not have the means to.

“Tell me, who is Yun Xia’s mother?”

 

106