Chapter 15 – Mere Ant
4.1k 11 96
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Well, if it isn’t the crown prince,” Yun Ling smiled when he saw the man standing in front of him.

“Yun Ling,” the crown prince said. He gave a brief look towards Yun Xia and Yue Dongmei and asked, “Your family?”

“You can say that,” Yun Ling replied. It wasn’t a lie but it wasn’t the truth either. Yun Xia was his daughter so she was undoubtedly part of his family. The same couldn’t be said for Yue Dongmei however.

The crown prince didn’t say anything, merely staring at Yun Ling, sizing him up. Yun Ling also wasn’t one to back down. He stared back at the crown prince with equal intensity as if daring him to go against him. The crown prince frowned at this, he didn’t like the look on Yun Ling’s eyes.

Yun Ling might be powerful but the crown prince was just as powerful in his own right. He was someone who didn't back down from any challenges especially among his peers. Seeing Yun Ling looking at him in provocation made his hand itch for a fight.

Yun Ling’s smile disappeared from his face when he noticed the expression of the crown prince. It seems like the crown prince wanted to compare notes with him. He knew never to underestimate the crown prince as he was one of the few among their generation that could give him a challenge. Other people, even most of the so-called geniuses here in the banquet wouldn’t stand a chance against him in a fight. For Yun Ling, all they were good for were for them to become his servants.

The crown prince however was different. If Yun Ling was not careful, he might even lose to him.

From the spectators' perspectives, the atmosphere between the two was tense. They looked like they were about to engage in a fight any second now.

Contrary to their expectations, however, the two didn’t fight.

Yun Ling suddenly let out a small laugh.

“Crown Prince, you’ve gotten much stronger than before.”

“Of course. You, as well,” the crown prince responded.

The crowd was a bit disappointed. They wanted to see what the battle between the two supreme geniuses looked like.

At this moment, the fourth prince who had been observing the two finally showed his presence towards them.

“Brother,” the fourth prince slightly bowed his head towards the crown prince first.

“Hn,” the crown prince nodded at him in acknowledgment.

“Brother Yun Ling,” the fourth prince greeted Yun Ling.

Yun Ling frowned for a bit before speaking with a graceful smile, “Fourth Prince, I’ve heard so much about you. I believe this is the first time we’ve met?”

“This is indeed the first,” the fourth prince nodded. “I’ve also heard a lot regarding Brother Yun Ling here but that is to be expected. Brother Yun Ling is one of the three supreme geniuses, after all. Many people are praising you as a dragon among men.”

“Haha, well said, well said,” Yun Ling casually patted the fourth prince’s shoulder as if they were bosom friends. “You know what, you are much better than your brother here. You are not as stiff and as formal as him.”

Yun Ling felt the crown prince looking at him darkly but he acted as if he didn’t notice, ignoring him.

“Brother Yun Ling must be joking. There is no way I can compare to Older Brother at all,” the fourth prince replied humbly as he glanced at the crown prince, checking his expression.

“Well, that’s true,” Yun Ling said in a low whisper.

The fourth prince snapped his neck towards him. Yun Ling’s voice might be low enough but the fourth prince heard him clearly. He was merely humbling himself but to think Yun Ling would say it directly to him. He suppressed the anger in his heart as he asked. “Pardon, Brother Yun Ling, I didn’t manage to hear that. May I ask Brother Yun Ling to say it again?”

“You heard me right, Fourth Prince,” Yun Ling said in low voice, his face expressionless. “I don’t know what enmity you have against me but don’t think for a second that you can hide your ill intention towards me. My eyes are pretty sensitive you see. Only a few people managed to get past it, and all of them are extraordinary individuals. You, sadly, are not one of them. Compared to them, you're but a mere ant.”

The fourth prince’s expression went grave. He gritted his teeth and clenched his fist in silence. He was trying to suppress his fury lest he rages out in this public event.

If he let his anger take over him and attack Yun Ling right now, Yun Ling will surely retaliate and he will be instantly defeated. However, if he attacks him and wins, that would be a different story. Fighting a supreme genius and winning would earn him glory no matter what reason he has for doing it.

On the other hand, if he fought him and lost, that would be too unsightly. If that happened, there would be bad rumors spreading about him. He might even lose his already few supporters. He couldn’t afford to do that. He also didn't want to be known as a prince that lashes out in public because he couldn’t control his emotions. People wouldn’t follow such a prince.

He was extremely angry right now. He knew he couldn’t compare to the crown prince but to be told that outright? It was humiliating. What was more, was that he couldn't do anything. He could only swallow this humiliation because he didn't stand a chance against him. He would only earn more humiliation if he acted on his impulse.

“Is that so?” The fourth prince coldly spoke. “Older brother, Brother Yun Ling, I’ve already prepared seats for you two. The main event will be starting soon so let me escort you to your seats.”

Yun Ling smiled as if nothing happened between them.

“Who am I to deny the fourth prince’s kind intentions? Very well, lead the way.”

Veins bulged on the fourth prince’s temple. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath to calm himself down a bit. When he opened his eyes, he led them to the table where Yu Shan was already at.

‘I will repay this humiliation tenfold,’ the fourth prince thought ruthlessly.

World of Terra's Cultivation Realms:

1. Foundation Establishment

2. Spirit Awakening

3. Core Formation

4. Four Transformation

5. Mortal Lord

6. Fate Dominion

7. Sacred King

96