Chapter 64 – Rule of the World
1.8k 6 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Yun Ling saw the necklace, he knew this was what he was looking for. Even though it wasn’t a toy, it was the most special thing in the place. He also thought the necklace would suit Yun Xia. Even though it was a bit big for her, he could just have someone adjust the size for her.

Yun Ling looked towards his daughter.

“Xiaxia, come here a bit.”

The little girl immediately came to his side as she looked at him expectantly.

With a smile, Yun Ling showed her the necklace.

“Xiaxia, what do you think of this? Do you like it?” he asked. Yun Xia had told him that she would like whatever it was that he chose but he wanted to make sure just in case.

Yun Xia’s eyes glinted upon seeing the necklace as her mouth went open in astonishment, “Wow! That’s so beautiful!”

Yun Ling heaved a sigh of relief. It would seem that his daughter likes it. Even though it was just something simple like choosing a gift for his daughter, it felt like there was a huge burden on his back. He didn’t want to mess up the first time he bought something for her. He wondered if he was being overdramatic or this was how some fathers really felt for their daughter.

However, upon thinking about it for a bit, his case was not normal. There might be some people out there who never knew they had a daughter and only found out about it years later but they were definitely in the minority. Maybe those fathers could relate to him? Maybe not. There were different kinds of people in the world after all. Some might find it unpleasant to know that they had a daughter, some might get overjoyed, some might not feel anything, while some might get sad. For Yun Ling, he had some apprehension when he found out he had a daughter at first but upon knowing her, he started loving her. Since then, his love for his daughter was growing day by day.

“Will you like it if papa buys it for you?”

“Really?!” Yun Xia was excited. Just like toys, she had never once owned jewelry before. She would love to have one.

Yun Ling nodded with a smile, “Of course. If Xiaxia likes it, papa will buy it right away.”

“I like it!”

Yun Ling looked at the storekeeper and said, “You heard her. I’ll take it.”

“That will be five hundred spirit stones, Young Master.”

“I’ll also buy everything in the store,” he added as he looked around the store, surprising the storekeeper.

“C-Come again?” the storekeeper asked, not sure if he heard Yun Ling right.

“I said I’ll buy everything in the store. You have a storage ring, right? Put everything in one. Include the cost of the storage ring in it.”

The storekeeper’s back was drenched in sweat. As expected of a young master. Even when they just went out to buy a toy, they would do it completely differently from anyone else. In fact, he had never heard of someone else buying everything in the store just for their daughter. Yun Ling was indeed, totally unordinary.

Even Yun Xia stared speechlessly at her papa. Yue Dongmei on the other hand was as stoic as ever. Snow Fang and his son still didn’t understand human currency so they really didn’t care.

“Papa is buying everything?” Yun Xia asked as she tilted her head.

Yun Ling patted her head and kindly answered, “This necklace is papa’s gift to Xiaxia. All these toys are also papa’s gift to Xiaxia. Do as you please with all of these.”

Yun Xia’s eyes brightened. Everything here was all hers? She thought her father was just going to buy her one thing. Never did she expect he would buy everything for her! Her father was indeed the best!

“Yay! I love you, Papa!” Yun Xia jumped on Yun Ling as she said happily.

“Haha, I love you too, Xiaxia.”

Yun Ling and the others left the store after buying everything as they started heading towards their next destination.

Seeing the little girl happy as she sat on top of Snow Fang and the Lion King Cub while looking at the storage ring on her ring finger that contained everything they bought from the store, Yun Ling knew that his daughter was satisfied with their purchase.

Yue Dongmei had finally shown an expression on her face as she looked at Yun Ling, frowning.

“You shouldn’t spoil Young Miss too much. She might get used to it,” Yue Dongmei rebuked.

Though what Yun Ling did might have made Yun Xia happy, his actions were too over the board. He bought everything in the store for her. She wasn’t showing dissatisfaction because she wanted to, she was dissatisfied because she was only thinking of Yun Xia’s sake. She didn’t want Yun Xia to grow up spoiled and become like Yun Ling. Although he was good to his daughter, he was by no means a good example to follow.

She then let out a sigh. She didn’t approve of Yun Ling’s action but she was also to blame since she didn’t stop Yun Ling right away when he said he was buying everything. It was because she saw how happy Yun Xia got and she didn’t really want to take that happiness away from her. Nevertheless, if Yun Ling continued on his actions, there was no doubt Yun Xia would grow up as a spoiled brat which was something she didn’t want to happen.

Yun Ling merely smiled at her, “Relax. I won’t do this all the time. I don’t want her to grow up becoming like me.”

Regarding Yue Dongmei’s worries, how could he not be aware of them? He was well-aware of how overindulging a child could have devastating effects on their growth. His mother was like that to him. While he would not say his mother was responsible for whatever he was today, she had a small part in it. However, the main reason why he was who he was today was because of his environment.

When people around you always put you on a pedestal…

When you see people having a hard time doing things you were easily able to do…

When people around you had a hard time approaching you because of their insecurities…

Yun Ling realized.

He was different from everyone else.

“Hey, what are you doing to him?” a small version of Yun Ling asked as he looked at some noble children.

These noble children were a few years older than him. They were picking on a peasant boy who was his age. The boy was cowering on the ground as he guarded his body against their attacks. Yun Ling could see that there were several bruises on his body while his head was bleeding from one of the stones that hit his head.

“Oh, Yun Ling. It’s nothing. We’re just showing trash where his place should be,” one of the noble children said with a smirk while repeatedly tossing a rock on his hand.

“But you’re hurting him. Look. He’s bleeding,” Yun Ling frowned, not approving their actions a single bit.

“What Yun Ling? Are you going to defend him?”

“You’re the son of the Yun Clan’s clan master aren’t you? Why are you feeling sorry for trash?”

“Remember Yun Ling, he’s just trash. We’re different from him. Be it status, talent, or appearance, we are much better than him.”

“Even if he tries all his life, he will never be able to catch up to us.”

“These commoners exists to serve us. He should be happy we are paying him special attention.”

“Keep this in mind Yun Ling; the weak always get eaten by the strong. He is weak. We are strong.”

“This is the rule of the world!”

40