Chapter 66 – Bad People!
1.8k 2 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yun Ling smiled as he shook his head at Yun Xia. He really had a good daughter. If it was up to him, he wouldn’t have intervened, however, he was quite proud of Yun Xia for standing up for those poor kids.

“Why didn’t you stop her?” Yun Ling asked his daughter’s caretaker.

He thought Yue Dongmei wouldn’t say anything just like usual but she actually answered him, “I wouldn’t stop Young Miss from doing anything good. If I stopped her, she might turn a blind eye to this type of situation every time she encounters one. Just like you…”

Yun Ling frowned at her.

“Doing a righteous deed is good and all, but the world isn’t just sunshine and rainbows. It is fine if she intervenes in this one but if she tries to intervene in something dangerous, being righteous wouldn’t be of any help,” Yun Ling said. He was only thinking of Yun Xia’s safety when he said this. He knew how cruel the world could be. Even if you were just trying to help someone, you might attract danger to yourself for helping instead.

“Young Miss is just a kid. She will realize these things as she grows older.”

He let out a sigh. Yun Xia was just five years old. He didn’t want her innocence to be taken away at such a young age. As much as he disapproved of her action, he was glad that Yun Xia stood up for them. Still, if she continued doing these things when she was older, Yun Ling would have to teach her properly. The last thing he wanted to happen was for his daughter to get into a dangerous situation just because she wanted to help someone. Justice meant shit in this dog eat dog world.

“If it was something you and I couldn’t handle, I would have stopped her immediately,” Yue Dongmei added. Though she would allow Yun Xia to do good deeds, she wouldn’t allow her if it was detrimental to her safety.

Currently, there were six noble children around the age of ten or so, looking at Yun Xia unpleasantly. They were having fun bullying those low born children. but this kid suddenly butted in. How dare she spoil their fun?

“Who are you?” one of the children asked as he cocked his fist, preparing to hit the newcomer.

“Hey, stop!” one of his companions told him after observing Yun Xia for a bit. “Don’t be too hasty, she seems to be a noble.”

All of them looked at Yun Xia properly. The way she was dressed was different from these lowborn children. Her clothes were clean and tidy. Moreover, the material her clothing was made of seemed to be of high quality. It was not inferior to theirs. Whoever this girl was, it would seem that she was also from a rich family just like them.

“Which noble family are you from?” they asked, trying not to make enmity with her.

Instead of answering, Yun Xia frowned at them.

“Why are you hurting them? Did they do anything to make you angry?”

The nobles looked at each other with a raised brow. Then, they answered with a smirk, “Yeah, just seeing them made me feel disgusted. It made me so angry I wanna beat them up.”

“Anyway, you shouldn’t get yourself entangled with those pieces of shit. You and I are different from them. We are nobles while they are merely pests making our environment dirty with just their presence.”

“Look at them. Don’t you feel disgusted seeing their dirty clothes? Don’t they smell funny to you?”

“You!” the bullied children angrily looked at the nobles but they knew they couldn’t do anything to them. If they were to retaliate, they wouldn’t only bring harm to themselves, their families might also be involved.

Hearing their answers only made Yun Xia dislike these nobles more.

“Bad people!”

The noble children sighed at each other.

“She’s just a kid, let’s ignore her.”

“Yeah, don’t meddle with us.”

“Mind your own business,” one of the noble kids was about to push Yun Xia who was blocking their way but before his hand could touch her, they saw a huge mighty white wolf glaring at them from behind the little girl.

It was Snow Fang.

The other noble children pointed at the wolf with trembling fingers while some took a step back. All of them were terrified at the wolf who was showing hostility at them.

“A-ahhh! There’s a wild lesser beast here!”

“Run!”

“You watch out beast! I’m going to call my brother!”

The noble children ran away. There was even one noble who fainted while one of those who ran away had peed their pants.

The dirty looking kids wanted to laugh but suppressed their laughter in the end. They didn’t want those kids to go after them again because they laughed at them.

“Good job, Snow Fang,” Yun Ling smiled at the wolf.

The rest of the children were looking at Yun Xia in admiration. Most of them bowed down to her as they expressed their gratitude, “Thank you so much!”

Yun Xia smiled bashfully, a bit embarrassed at the attention she was getting from the other kids. She didn’t know what to do in this kind of situation.

She looked towards her papa, trying to get his help.

“Xiaxia, what do you say when someone is thanking you?” Yun Ling asked his daughter.

Yun Xia’s eyes brightened. She faced the dirty looking children, and humbly said, “You’re welcome.”

The rest of the children were truly grateful to her, however, there was one child who wasn’t. There was a boy looking at Yun Xia disapprovingly. He was the only one who wasn’t happy about the change of the situation a bit.

“You shouldn’t have butted in,” the boy said to Yun Xia.

The little girl was taken aback by the boy’s behavior. Why was he angry at her? Did she do anything wrong to him? She just helped them, didn’t she? If so, why was he angry?

“Hey, what’s wrong with you?”

“Yeah, man. Although we are poor, we are not ungrateful people. Why are you so hostile to her?”

“She just helped us.”

The rest of the children complained at the boy. However, the boy remained unfazed.

He said to his friends, “Yes, she may have helped us. But at the same time, she made our situation worse. Next time, those nobles will surely come back for revenge.”

All of them suddenly went silent. What he said made sense. They might have been let off for now but in the future, there was no telling what would happen.

Yun Xia was alarmed. Did she just cause them harm? She looked towards her papa for help.

Yun Ling already knew this kind of thing would happen. This was the reason why he didn’t want to help. Not only would they receive the hostility of the one they helped, but they would also just be making their situation harder than it already was. Not all help was a good thing. Sometimes, helping could ruin a person.

If it was up to him, he wanted nothing to do with this. However, since his daughter was involved, he would naturally intervene.

“Don’t worry about that, I’ll make sure they won’t go after you nor your family for that matter.”

Announcement
Join my discord server so you can read some chapters I didn't publish here. There are 11 chapters in total.

Here is the discord link -> https://discord.gg/hG9BVQjUw8


World of Terra's Cultivation Realms:

1. Foundation Establishment

2. Spirit Awakening

3. Core Formation

4. Four Transformation

5. Mortal Lord

6. Fate Dominion

7. Sacred King

43