Chapter 67 – You’re welcome!
1.8k 2 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Thank you very much,” the dirty looking children said in unison as they bowed towards Yun Ling.

“It’s nothing,” Yun Ling calmly waved them off.

The reason why these children were grateful to Yun Ling was that he bought each of them an ice cream along with his daughter in the confectionery store. They heard ice creams tasted sweet and delicious but their family really couldn’t afford to buy them one. It was a luxury food only for the wealthy. It was the first time they have tasted one and it tasted heavenly.

The children found it amusing and a bit depressing. When they first entered the store, the workers gave them a stink eye and were about to throw them out only to stop and become respectful when they found out they were with Yun Ling. It was really funny seeing them scared out of their wits because of their rude behavior to them, not knowing Yun Ling was with them.

This just showed how people would easily bow down to power while looking down on everyone else without. It wasn’t that all people were like that, but the majority definitely was.

Even the boy who had a tough attitude was silent as he tasted his ice cream. Though he was the most logical out of his friends, he too was just a kid. Just like them, he always wanted to taste ice cream and do kinds of stuff that only wealthy children could do.

“Thanks,” he murmured, a bit embarrassed to thank Yun Ling after being rude to his daughter.

Yun Xia didn’t mind his actions, however. She just grinned at him when she heard his thanks, and said, “Papa’s the best!”

The boy rolled his eyes at her.

Yun Xia and the rest started eating their ice cream with gusto. Not long after, they all finished their ice creams making them a bit disappointed. Their joys were renewed though when Yun Ling bought them another batch of ice cream once again.

Yue Dongmei was at the side, stoically looking at Yun Ling who was licking his ice cream sensually. She didn’t know whether he was doing it on purpose or not but it was bothering her a bit.

Feeling someone’s gaze on him, Yun Ling turned towards Yue Dongmei and found her staring at him.

“What? You want some?” he asked as he looked at her questioningly. He offered to buy her an ice cream earlier but she refused so why was she looking at him like that?

Yue Dongmei turned her gaze away from him, not bothering to respond to his question.

Yun Ling merely shook his head. Then, he looked at Snow Fang and the Lion King Cub who were outside, guarding the confectionery store. They didn’t want to come inside because they didn’t like sweet food. No, it was more like they couldn’t taste it.

“Sir, will they really not go after us anymore?” the boy asked Yun Ling. He made sure to be very respectful to him as even though Yun Ling looked like a woman, everyone they came across in the street seemed to be in awe or in fear of him.

This guy was obviously some big shot.

Yun Ling looked at him. This kid got a good head on his shoulders. Unlike his friends who were too naive, this boy instantly realized the ramifications that Yun Xia’s help might bring to them. This boy seemed to be around eight years old yet he was already this sharp. He was someone worth keeping an eye on.

He took out an emblem from his storage ring and gave it to the kid. The emblem was made from gold and had the shape of an inverted triangle. Carved in the emblem was the symbol of the Yun Clan which was a cloud.

Any important members from a clan had an emblem with them representing their clan. By giving the Yun Clan’s emblem to the kid, that was basically Yun Ling saying that they were under the protection of their clan. If other people still dared to harm them after knowing that Yun Clan was backing them up, that would be basically slapping their face.

That was why it was very important that this emblem should only be given to worthy people. Otherwise, they might abuse their authority.

“This is?” the boy asked curiously as he received the emblem. As someone from the lower class, he didn’t know the weight behind this emblem. If he knew, he would surely freak out.

“Show this to anyone who tries to harm you. They will surely leave you alone. If they won’t, then that means they are tired of living,” Yun Ling said coldly, sending shivers down the boy’s spine. This beautiful looking man was too terrifying.

What Yun Ling said was no different from the empty threats that the noble kids always used to say to them, however, why was it scary when it comes from this man? Was it because he was an adult?

No, that wasn’t it. It was because unlike those nobles, this man would surely do what he said. He wasn’t just boasting around. The words he spoke were the truth.

The boy inspected the emblem. This thing seemed to be expensive. If he sold it, maybe he would earn a lot of money from it. He really didn’t understand how this thing would make those nobles back away but if Yun Ling said it would, then he would keep it with him.

“Hey,” the boy called out to Yun Xia, earning her attention.

“Hm?” Yun Xia stopped eating her ice cream as she turned to the boy.

A flash of hesitation appeared on his face. He was embarrassed. He really didn’t want to do it but he had to. He gathered his courage and said to the little girl, “Look, I’m sorry for earlier. I know you mean well but instead of thanking you, I was so rude. That’s why I’m sorry! And thank you so much for helping us!”

He bowed his head to her after he finished.

Yun Xia was surprised at the boy’s action, but she let out a giggle in the end.

“You’re welcome!”

Announcement
Join my discord server so you can read some chapters I didn't publish here. There are 11 chapters in total.

Here is the discord link -> https://discord.gg/hG9BVQjUw8


World of Terra's Cultivation Realms:

1. Foundation Establishment

2. Spirit Awakening

3. Core Formation

4. Four Transformation

5. Mortal Lord

6. Fate Dominion

7. Sacred King

45