Chapter 70 – A Father’s Present to His Daughter
1.7k 1 38
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Why? You don’t like your toys anymore?” Yun Ling asked her. Didn’t they just buy those things? She hadn’t even played with one of the toys yet she was already giving them away. He couldn’t understand her.

“Silly, papa! Yun Xia does! Yun Xia loves them!” Yun Xia said with a pout. Her father was the best but he could be silly at times. Still, it was cute that her father could be silly. She also loved that part of him.

“Then why are you giving them away?”

With a sad face, Yun Xia replied, “Because just like Yun Xia, they don’t have any toys too. Yun Xia wants to give it to them so they could play with toys too!”

Yun Ling’s face became gentle after hearing her explanation.

“Silly girl. So you’re giving all your toys away?”

Yun Xia nodded her head.

“Then, you won’t have any toy anymore if you give all of it to them,” Yun Ling told her.

The little girl just smiled at him.

“That is fine with Yun Xia. Yun Xia still has the necklace that Papa gave her!” she said confidently. For her, that necklace was all that mattered. After all, not only was the necklace beautiful, it was the one that her father had personally chosen for her. It was special. Not even all the toys she had with her right now could compare to it.

A smile appeared on Yun Ling’s face.

“Alright, let’s give all of these to them, okay?”

“Hmm.”

After giving the storage ring containing all the toys in the toy store that Yun Ling and the rest had gone to from earlier, the children were speechless from shock. All the things inside the storage ring were a thousand times more expensive than the ice cream Yun Ling gave to them. They were already happy with the ice creams, how much more these?

They were all grateful to Yun Xia and Yun Ling. All of them gave a deep bow to the two. Never had they received such grace from others in their life before. It was the first! At that moment, these children swore to repay Yun Ling, and most especially Yun Xia, for all the help they had given to them.

They were merely poor children whom most people would look at in disgust. They wouldn’t even come near them. Yet not only did these two not seem to be disgusted with them, but they were also even given these expensive things that their families would have a hard time buying for them. Only heartless and ungrateful bastards wouldn’t be moved by their actions. Even the boy who seemed to be against Yun Xia from the beginning was emotional.

“Thank you so much!” they all said in unison to Yun Xia and Yun Ling.

“You shouldn’t thank me. You should thank her only. She was the one who suggested this,” Yun Ling said to the children. He didn’t intend to take this credit from his daughter. He was proud of having a daughter like Yun Xia. If only this world could be kind to people like her… how perfect would that be?

“Thank you very much!” they thanked Yun Xia after hearing what Yun Ling said. At first, they thought she was just a daughter of a wealthy person who knew nothing of the world and that she was merely acting being kind to them. Now, although they still thought of her as someone who knew nothing, they were truly convinced that the girl was a good person.

“Hehe, you’re welcome!” Yun Xia bashfully said. She wasn’t used to people acting like this to her yet. She felt so good helping other people out so she couldn’t understand why some people would even bully them.

“Let’s go, Xiaxia.”

“Bye-bye!” Yun Xia said to them.

Yun Ling looked at the boy, and told him, “Remember what I said earlier. Go to the Yun Clan as soon as you can just to be safe.”

The boy nodded and snappily said, “Yes, sir!”

After Yun Ling, Yun Xia, Yue Dongmei, the wolf, and the lion cub had disappeared from the view, the children started murmuring to themselves.

“That man was senior Yun Ling, right?” one of the children asked the other, excitement visible on their faces.

“Man, I thought they said senior Yun Ling was scary? Looks like they were just slandering him. He’s such a good person.”

“His daughter too! She was so cute and adorable! No wonder she grew up to be a good person, having a good father like that.”

“We have to repay them somehow. They have done us such a huge favor without asking anything in return. I wouldn’t feel right if I wasn’t able to repay their kindness to us.”

“You’re right!”

While his friends were talking about Yun Ling and Yun Xia, the boy had a look of admiration in his eyes as he continued to stare at the direction Yun Ling had left to.

In his heart, he swore to become someone as awe-inspiring as Yun Ling. Not only was he beautiful, but he was also strong, wealthy, and good too. He wanted to be just like him.

As Yun Ling and the rest headed back towards the jewelry store, Yun Ling didn’t know he had become an idol in those children’s eyes.

“How much is it?” Yun Ling asked the jeweler.

Yun Xia was currently wearing the necklace that was just adjusted by the jeweler. If he had to judge the look on the little girl’s face, Yun Ling was certain that his daughter was very happy with the result.

“That would be fifty spirit stones,” the jeweler said, a bit nervous with his pricing. Would he say it was too expensive? But he wasn’t trying to rip them off. That was just how he really would charge for adjusting expensive jewelry like that. It was hard to work with such high-quality material, in fact, he felt he was charging them less.

Yun Ling merely nodded at him, and gave him one hundred spirit stones, making the jeweler shocked.

“Consider the rest your tip.”

“Thank you so much!” the jeweler bowed in gratitude. Fifty spirit stones was a big amount yet he gave it away just like that? As expected of ridiculously wealthy people. For them, money was no different from dirt.

“How is it, Xiaxia?” Yun Ling asked his daughter. Although he could see that his daughter likes it, he still asked.

“I love it, Papa! Papa’s the best!”

Announcement
Please consider supporting me on Patreon so I can pay for my college tuition... thank you so much. You can also gain access to 20 advanced chapters if you support me.

Join my discord server so you can read some chapters I didn't publish here. There are 11 chapters in total.
Here is the discord link -> https://discord.gg/hG9BVQjUw8


World of Terra's Cultivation Realms:

1. Foundation Establishment

2. Spirit Awakening

3. Core Formation

4. Four Transformation

5. Mortal Lord

6. Fate Dominion

7. Sacred King

38