Chapter 80 – The First Stage
1.7k 2 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While everyone’s eyes were focused on the humongous moving image that the emperor had conjured, a funny looking guy suddenly appeared in the area below.

Everyone’s attention quickly shifted to him.

The funny-looking guy looked at the emperor for a moment to which the emperor nodded at him. Taking that as a cue, the funny looking guy faced the audience and said, “Everyone, allow me to introduce myself. I am Da Peng, and I will be serving as your commentator for the entire duration of the Golden Dragon Election.”

“It’s actually him,” many people in the audience exclaimed. They knew who Da Peng was. Ten years ago, they watched him fight against the other geniuses in the Golden Dragon Election. He was actually the third place among the thousands of geniuses in the previous Golden Dragon Election.

In recent years, they heard his name a lot since he had done many meritorious deeds for the empire. He had taken down several demonic sects situated in the empire all on his lonesome. He was someone that stood atop among his generation.

Yun Ling narrowed his eyes at Da Peng. This guy was one of his elder brother’s rival when he was still in the capital and the one who defeated him in the competition ten years ago. Before becoming a disciple of the Spirit God Sect, Yun Hui had actually participated in the previous Golden Dragon Election. Back then, he was more or less just as strong as Da Peng but unfortunately, he didn’t even get into the top ten.

That was because in the first and second stages of the previous Golden Dragon Election, Yun Hui had been targeted by most participants in his generation since they deemed him the biggest threat in the competition. Although Yun Hui was able to defeat those who came after him, by the time that they had reached the final stages of the competition, he was thoroughly exhausted and had thus become easy picking for the others. Those who were able to reach the final stage were definitely among the best, and Da Peng was someone who was simply much stronger than that. That was why when Yun Hui encountered him in the early phases of the final stage, he lost.

Despite the fact that Yun Hui didn’t get into the top ten, no one dared to question his strength for he alone faced more than a few hundred participants and came out victorious. Some even said that had he not encountered Da Peng immediately in the early phases of the third stage, he would’ve still managed to get into the top five.

“Now that I’ve introduced myself, let us go back and see how our participants are doing shall we?” Da Peng said to the audience as they all focused back on the large moving images.

Yun Yi raised a brow as he inspected the card in his hand. There was a timer in the card showing the number 2:59:57.

He had expected finding the card to be hard but it was actually too easy to find. In fact, they didn’t seem to have made an effort to hide it since the card he got was displayed in plain sight. The other cards must’ve been placed in obvious places too just like his.

A bit farther away from him, he could hear the sounds of fighting happening in there. Someone right there must’ve already found a card and was now being targeted by the others to steal their card.

He quickly hid his card under his robe before anyone could see him. Although he was confident that he could beat anyone that came to him, he would rather avoid engaging in any unnecessary fight if he could help it. It would be for the best if he stayed low key and act as though he had yet to find a card.

“Hand us your card!” Yun Yi’s ears perked up upon hearing someone’s yell. Did they see him? He was sure that there was no one around him. The one nearest to him was quite far away so where did these guys come from?

Then he realized that the source of the voice seemed to be a distance away. That wasn’t actually targeted to him but to someone else. Looks like someone out there found another card.

With a smile, he headed over to that area and joined in the fray.

Three hours later in the coliseum.

Da Peng smiled as he faced the audience, “Three hours had passed, some participants should be teleporting here any second now.”

After he had finished speaking, true to what he had said, five individuals had suddenly appeared in the open area at the center of the coliseum.

Yun Ling let out a smile upon seeing the first ones who had passed. One of the five was a familiar face. It was none other than his cousin and aide, Yun Yi.

The other four participants were quite interesting. They looked like humans but they weren’t humans.

There was a tall guy with a bow strapped to his back. He had a pair of pointed ears, a clear sign that he was someone that belongs to a certain race.

‘A Nature Spirit. The race beloved by nature,’ Yun Ling thought to himself.

Then, he set his gaze on the next person. It was a buff guy who was twice as tall as the earlier guy. Yun Ling had already taken notice of him before backstage because of how huge he was. There were a few more others who were nearly as huge as him but he was undoubtedly the biggest participant in the Golden Dragon Election this year.

These giant creatures were known as Titans. Not only were they huge, but they also possessed the strongest corporeal body among all the other races.

Yun Ling had to take extra precaution if he had to face him or someone from his race. One solid hit from them would surely break all bones in his body.

The third one looked no different from a female human in initial inspection but upon closer look, there were three horizontal lines in each side of her neck concealed by her long flowing hair. They were gills.

She was an Atlantean.

Atlanteans were human-like creatures who live under the sea. Although Atlanteans generally live in the sea, they could also breathe air and live on the surface indefinitely.

The last one was the one Yun Ling was most interested in. It was a masculine guy with three heads and six arms. Yun Ling’s senses were telling him that this guy was incredibly dangerous.

“A Supreme,” the crown prince who was sitting just beside him muttered as he also looked at the three-headed six-armed guy.

People from the Supreme race had multiple heads and limbs. Though the Titans possessed the most powerful corporeal body, the Supremes were the most talented when it comes to battle among the other races. With how talented they were, it was like their entire race was made solely for fighting.

Yun Ling let out a smirk, “How interesting. Let’s see if he lives up to what his race is known for.”

Announcement
Please become my patron to help fund my education. You can read 5 chapters ahead for only $1.
Or 10 chapters ahead plus 2 chapters a day from Monday to Friday for only $3. Thank you so much.
29