Chapter 84 – Passed
1.4k 2 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Well, well… look what I got here,” Yun Yi said in amusement as he looked at the card of his defeated opponent.

The card had the number 654 on it. It was exactly his target card, the one that would give him 5 points. What a coincidence. He didn’t expect that the opponent he just fought was actually his target. Well, since he had defeated an opponent before who had 3 cards, that meant that the total amount of points he currently had in his possession was 13 points. He had an excess of 3 points.

“You now have 13 points. Do you want to be teleported back to the coliseum?” Da Peng’s voice reached into Yun Yi’s ears.

Yun Yi looked up at the sky. That was where Da Peng’s voice had come from.

“Not yet. There’s something I still have to do,” Yun Yi answered.

“If you want to be teleported back to the coliseum, just put some of your spiritual energy to your card. Just make sure you still have 10 points by then or else the teleportation will fail.”

“Understood.”

Da Peng didn’t say anything anymore.

Yun Yi looked at the sky for a few seconds before letting out a smile. He took out the three extra cards he got as he repeatedly tossed them in the air as if they were mere toys.

He had thought of quite an interesting way to make use of these extra cards so it would be such a waste if he allowed Da Peng to teleport him to the coliseum back then. He had to make the best use of these cards as much as he could since it could mean victory in the Golden Dragon Election.

Yun Ling had a small smile on his face when he saw Yun Yi’s action. As someone who had been at Yun Yi’s side the longest out of anyone else, he knew what he was up to. Similarly, the one who understood him the most even more than his father did was also Yun Yi.

That might be or might not be a good thing for both of them. Since they both knew a lot about the other, they both had advantages, and at the same time, disadvantages against each other. Those who were in the know would be unable to predict the result if they fought. Only time could tell what would really happen between the two of them in the future.

“Well, Yun Yi… who are you going to choose? Will it be him?” Yun Ling muttered to himself with narrowed eyes.

He then shifted his gaze towards the assigned seats for the emperor’s children. To be more specific, he turned his gaze towards the fourth prince who had been looking at him for a while already.

The fourth prince immediately avoided making eye contact with Yun Ling.

‘Fourth Prince…’ Yun Ling thought.

In his mind, he was wondering whether the fourth prince would make a move against him or not. However, judging by the fourth prince’s character from what he knew in the banquet, there was no doubt that he would. He probably wouldn’t be able to sit still for much longer.

That, he was sure of.

He had already dealt with a lot of people whose character was more or less the same as the fourth prince. Of course, all of them had fallen in his hands. If the fourth prince really attacked him, his end wouldn’t be different from theirs.

The tall handsome man examined Yun Yi warily. This man was supposed to be his target but he had decided to give up on him and choose to get five cards from other participants instead since it wasn’t worth fighting someone like him.

“How did you manage to find me?” he asked Yun Yi.

This was something he was curious about since Yun Yi had shown himself to him. He was sure that he had removed all traces of him on his way to this place. He shouldn’t have been able to find him.

“That’s for me to know and for you to find out,” Yun Yi replied with a gentle smile on his face. The way he acted was like someone who was interacting with his close friend instead of someone who had just tried to harm him just a while ago.

The tall handsome man’s eyebrows twitched.

“Since you haven’t attacked me yet, I assume you’re not here to fight. Tell me, what do you want?”

Yun Yi was pleased. This guy was able to analyze the situation pretty quickly. Following him wasn’t a mistake after all.

“You’re right,” Yun Yi said, nodding. “I bear you no ill will. In fact, I’m here because I want to get your cooperation.”

“What do you mean?”

“How about we team up with each other until the fifth stage of this competition?”

The tall handsome man was surprised at his words for a moment before letting out a smirk.

“That’s interesting but why should I team up with you? What will I gain from it?”

Yun Yi snorted at him.

“Come on, don’t make me look down on you. I’m sure you know the benefits of teaming up with me instead of going solo. As you already know, there are quite a lot of monsters in this competition than in the previous Golden Dragon Election. There are the three supreme geniuses,” Yun Yi paused as he thought of Yun Ling, Yu Shan, and the crown prince. “Not to mention there are some people from the Titan race and even someone from the Supreme race. None of them are easy to deal with. Don’t you want the first place? If we team up, we’ll have a higher chance of getting it.”

Yun Yi didn’t say anything about the Atlantean since he didn’t know how powerful she was. For the Titans though, especially the one who had finished the first stage at the same time as his, he could feel that he was many times stronger than him when it comes to physical strength. That was the reason why he was wary of him.

As for the Supreme…

He was simply giving off dangerous vibes.

The tall handsome man fell deep in thought. He started thinking about ways to turn this situation into one that gives the most advantage to him. Though teaming up with Yun Yi was already advantageous for him, he wanted more.

Yun Yi took out three cards from his robe and threw them towards the tall handsome man. The latter immediately received the cards, his eyes glinting upon seeing what it was.

“I’m giving those three to you. I have no doubt that you can get five cards on your own but at least this way, you will be able to finish this stage much faster right? Not to mention, you can save yourself less hassle and spending more energy than necessary.”

The tall handsome man smiled at him.

“Alright, let’s team-up. But in the fifth stage, I won’t hold anything back against you.”

‘So you chose him indeed, Yun Yi,’ Yun Ling thought. He wasn’t really surprised by his decision. In fact, he would be surprised if Yun Yi had chosen anyone else but the nature spirit.

A few minutes later, Yun Yi and the nature spirit had teleported back to the coliseum. It was way too easy for the nature spirit to gain two more cards since he and Yun Yi had acted together. The two participants they met were truly too unlucky. They didn’t even stand a chance against just any one of them, how much more two?

Yun Ling closed his eyes when Yun Yi and the nature spirit had finally passed. There was no one worth keeping an eye on any longer in the second stage since all the capable ones had already passed. The ones left were only those with mediocre skills.

With that said, after a few more hours, the second stage of the Golden Dragon Election had finally finished.

In the next stage, the three supreme geniuses could finally join the rest of the participants.

Announcement
Please become my patron to help fund my education. You can read 5 chapters ahead of the official release on royalroad which is chapter 91, which means you can read up to chapter 96 with only $1. You can also read 10 chapters ahead plus 2 chapters a day for only $3 so do consider pledging if you have money to spare. There are also other offers that you can check out. Thank you so much.
24