Chapter 86 – 1000 Golems
1.3k 2 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After Yun Ling, Yu Shan, and the crown prince had agreed on taking 1000 golems each, they instantly moved towards the golems and started attacking.

Yun Ling drew his sword as he walked in a leisurely manner towards the nearest golem to him as though he was merely taking a stroll in a park or something.

Upon noticing him, the golem threw its large fist towards him which he casually avoided with no trouble at all. Then, he slashed his sword at the golem, slicing its body in half, and hopped away just in time to avoid the punch from the golem that had snuck up on him from behind.

The golem’s fist hit the ground instead of him, making a small crater in it. Yun Ling landed on top of the golem’s head and stomped his foot with great force, blowing the golem’s head into pieces.

He hopped onto another golem’s head again and stood there as he observed the swarm of golems surrounding him. Any normal person in his position would have long been frightened by being surrounded by these many enemies but to Yun Ling, there was nothing special about this.

When he landed on another golem’s head, the five nearest golems immediately took notice of him and attacked him at the same time on all sides. Yun Ling evaded all their attacks with ease making the other golems’ attacks hit the golem’s head where he was just standing seconds ago instead of him.

With that, another golem had fallen.

Yun Ling retaliated and destroyed the five golems right away.

“That’s eight, and”—Yun Ling readied his sword and dashed past a group of golems. After a second, those golems were instantly split in half—“that’s thirty.”

In less than just a minute, Yun Ling had already destroyed thirty golems with pure skill and finesse. He made everything look easy and he had yet to even use a single supreme art. He was already this strong with just his body’s skills so one could only imagine how strong he would be if he were to ever go all out.

Yun Ling’s left middle and pointer finger swept the flat side of his sword starting from the base of the blade to the tip, imbuing spiritual energy to it. Then with a casual wave of his sword, a powerful, condensed, spiritual energy came surging out towards the golems, disintegrating them at once. Not a single trace remained of those golems that got hit by that powerful spiritual energy.

With that single attack, more than 300 golems had been destroyed.

“That’s 386…” Yun Ling stated as he looked at the rest of the golems. That single slash with his sword imbued with his spiritual energy had taken out 356 golems. Adding that to the 30 that he had just destroyed, that was 386. Not even two minutes had passed since he started attacking yet he only had 614 more golems to go.

His fingers swept the flat side of his blade once again, doing the same thing he did earlier. After that, he slashed his sword in the air, taking out more than 200 golems.

He kept using the same move repeatedly until a little over a minute later, he had already destroyed 1000 golems on his own including the Four Transformation Realm golem.

Overall, he had taken less than four minutes to destroy 1000 golems. Now, he just had to wait for Yu Shan and the crown prince to finish theirs so they could finally get into the fourth stage.

“Amazing, he’s making it look too easy,” one of the participants said in awe upon witnessing Yun Ling’s brilliant display.

“Yeah, it makes me feel like I can do the same too,” the one beside him agreed.

“Are those golems really at the Core Formation realm? Why are they so weak?” one asked skeptically.

While many others were in awe, some were in doubt. The ease that Yun Ling was showing was making them think that these golems couldn’t have been that strong.

They were partially right. Since these golems weren’t intelligent, they were weak. They did have the same power as the average Core Formation cultivator but they didn’t have the same decision-making capabilities thus reducing the dangers that they possessed to others.

“Papa’s so amazing!” Yun Xia clapped her hands while looking at her father happily. As expected of her father, he was so powerful.

Yun Zhan smiled at his granddaughter as he said, “Your father will do more amazing things later when he’s facing powerful opponents. Don’t miss it.”

“Of course!”

On Yun Yi and the nature spirit’s side, they were looking at Yun Ling critically.

“He’s really good. I guess the title of supreme genius isn’t for nothing after all,” the tall handsome man said as he observed Yun Ling and the other two supreme geniuses seriously.

Though they had the title of supreme geniuses, he never really took them too seriously before. Sure, he had placed some importance on them compared to anyone else but now that he had seen a few of their abilities, he had to change his opinion on them.

“He’s just playing around,” Yun Yi said, earning a look of surprise from the nature spirit.

“For real? This is just him playing around?” he found it hard to believe Yun Yi’s words.

If he was in Yun Ling’s position, he was confident that he would be able to eliminate these golems easily. However, he would never be able to finish 1000 of them so quickly like Yun Ling had done. It only took him a mere four minutes! If it was him, he would have needed ten minutes!

“This is why agreeing on teaming up with me is a very good decision on your part. If you want to get the first place, you will have to go through these monsters first and”—Yun Yi smiled kindly at him as he looked him in the eye—“you will lose very easily if you happen to face him.”

He wanted to refute Yun Yi’s claim but if what Yun Yi was saying was indeed the truth, that this was just him playing around, then he did not doubt that he would lose when this guy gets serious.

Announcement
Please become my patron to help fund my education. You can read 5 chapters ahead of the official release on royalroad which is chapter 95, which means you can read up to chapter 100 with only $1. You can also read 10 chapters ahead plus 2 chapters a day for only $3 so do consider pledging if you have money to spare. There are also other offers that you can check out. Thank you so much.
28