Chapter 87 – Yun Ling vs Yu Shan
1.3k 3 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Yu Shan was focused on destroying the golems left and right, the hair at the back of his neck stood on end.

His eyebrows twitched as he quickly turned behind and parried the sword that was about to hit him in his neck.

It was Yun Ling.

“What is the meaning of this, Yun Ling?” Yu Shan asked while gritting his teeth. This guy suddenly attacked him while he was busy dealing with the golems. Had he not reacted on time, he would’ve been wounded. He was incredibly annoyed at Yun Ling at that very moment, not only because of that sneak attack but also because he was almost done destroying 1000 golems before he came to disturb him.

Instead of being ashamed for his despicable action, Yun Ling let out a cold smile as he eyed him as a predator would to a prey.

“It means you should fight back or else, you will lose right here, right now in this very stage,” Yun Ling said as he readied his sword, intent on attacking him again.

He wasn’t bluffing. He was really going to attack Yu Shan whether he likes it or not. He had been holding himself back since even before the Golden Dragon Election had started and now, he wasn’t able to hold back his urges anymore. He wanted to fight Yu Shan and the crown prince at that very moment.

Yu Shan narrowed his eyes as he tightened his grip on his sword. He got into a fighting stance and put up his guard. He couldn’t afford to hold back a single bit on an opponent like Yun Ling so he was going to take his words very seriously even if he was just bluffing in the end. He had to take it as the truth as it would be better to be safe than sorry.

The smile on Yun Ling’s face grew a bit. Yu Shan had taken on a fighting stance. That means he was going to fight him back if he attacks him again. That was the way he likes it.

Yun Ling lunged towards Yu Shan with a speed far exceeding what he had shown to the audience when he fought the golems before. In a split second, he was suddenly right in front of Yu Shan as he thrust his sword forward. His sword sliced audibly through the air as it headed straight towards Yu Shan’s forehead.

Yu Shan tilted his head to the side, avoiding Yun Ling’s sword just in the nick of time. Yun Ling, upon seeing that Yu Shan had avoided his sword, immediately stopped his thrust as he sliced his sword towards Yu Shan’s neck. Yu Shan raised his sword and blocked Yun Ling’s sword, stopping it in its tracks.

The two had then exchanged dozens of sword moves in an instant, each of them not giving the other an inch. When one of them struck, the other blocked and returned a strike. If they couldn’t block, then they would dodge instead. In a few minutes, they had exchanged thousands of moves already.

The loud clanging of their sword was heard throughout the area. The sparks made when their swords hit each other resembled that of mini fireworks. The remaining golems who were trying to attack them couldn’t even come close as they were destroyed one by one just from the impacts of their swords.

At that very moment, their fight was no longer just a fight but art that captivated the audience that was watching them in the coliseum.

Yun Ling slashed his sword downwards but it was once again blocked by Yu Shan. However, the moment his sword hit Yu Shan’s sword, his sword snapped off and the separated half flew into the distance.

‘I got you!’ Yu Shan thought as he took this opportunity to attack. Yun Ling was distracted and without a sword now. He was wide open and with his sword gone, he wouldn’t be able to block his attacks anymore.

While he was still a bit distracted from his sword, Yun Ling noticed Yu Shan was about to attack him. He immediately jumped away and retreated to a safe distance to avoid Yu Shan’s attack. However, the latter didn’t give him a breather. He continued chasing after him, not planning on giving him a chance to make a comeback.

“Tsk…” Yun Ling clicked his tongue in displeasure.

Just as he was having a lot of fun, his sword suddenly gave in. It wasn’t able to handle the sheer intensity of their battle. Now, Yu Shan was chasing after him and without his sword, he could only continue avoiding his attacks but sooner or later, one of his attacks was bound to hit him if he let this situation continue.

‘I better finish this soon,’ Yun Ling thought with narrowed eyes. He then came up with an idea.

If he didn’t have a sword, then he would treat his hand as though it was a sword.

With his right palm open and his fingers sticking together, Yun Ling focused a small amount of spiritual energy in his right arm and hand. Then with a downward slash, a crescent-shaped wave made of spiritual energy came surging towards Yu Shan’s direction.

Yu Shan immediately moved out of the wave’s way and let it pass beside him.

Just as he was about to continue chasing Yun Ling after that, he heard an explosion from behind him, followed by Da Peng’s voice which came from the sky.

“3000 golems destroyed. All of you passed the third stage.”

He looked behind him to see what had caused the explosion. He saw the smoking remains of a golem that had been blasted apart. Presumably from that attack of Yun Ling just now.

Yu Shan’s mouth went agape.

Was that golem the last one? Yun Ling wasn’t aiming at him with that attack but was actually aiming it at the last golem. The moment that the golem was destroyed, they had passed this stage.

If so, the crown prince was probably already done with his share of 1000 golems too.

Just as he thought of that, he saw the crown prince in the distance who was sitting on a chair with a wine glass on hand. The crown prince noticed that Yu Shan was looking at him and so, he raised his hand which was holding the wine glass.

“Don’t mind me. Continue. I was having a good time watching you two…” the crown prince said with his usual facial expression.

Yu Shan’s eyebrows twitched.

“Since when had you been watching us?”

With a smile, the crown prince replied, “Guess.”

Before Yu Shan could say anything, Yun Ling answered for him, “A minute after we started fighting. I thought he would join in but he actually just sat down and took out wine and glass from his storage ring while watching us. How pretentious.”

The crown prince merely snorted at him.

Announcement
Please become my patron to help fund my education. You can read 5 chapters ahead of the official release on royalroad which is chapter 95, which means you can read up to chapter 100 with only $1. You can also read 10 chapters ahead plus 2 chapters a day for only $3 so do consider pledging if you have money to spare. There are also other offers that you can check out. Thank you so much.
31