Chapter 89 – Embarrassing
1.4k 3 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the second stage, there were originally 964 participants but only 317 participants had managed to pass. Now with the three supreme geniuses finally joining in the competition, there were 320 participants in total in the fourth stage of the Golden Dragon Election.

The 320 participants appeared in a white world. Well, rather than calling it a world, one could say it was a large white room with no end in sight. The sky, the ground, even the walls were colored white. It was like they were in some room painted with only the color of white. There was also nothing in this white room except for the three large circular arenas which were as big as the coliseum where they had been from just seconds ago.

“What a peculiar Divine Phantasm. I wonder what kind of person was one of the Jin Empire’s previous emperors for their Divine Phantasm to be like this?” Yun Ling wondered to himself.

“Who knows…” the crown prince who was beside him said. Out of everyone that had been teleported into this Divine Phantasm, he was the only one with the most knowledge about the previous emperor of the Jin Empire as he was royalty and a crown prince at that. However, even he had no idea just like what he had said to Yun Ling.

Yu Shan fell deep in thought as he looked at the three arenas analytically. They were given twenty-four hours for the duration of the fourth stage. To pass, one must defend an arena for an hour. With three arenas, that means 72 participants could proceed to the fifth stage at most. But that was too unlikely. For 72 people to pass this stage, that meant that everyone who would go up to the arena must not lose. All defenders must not be defeated by anyone else so 72 people could pass.

With that said, it was too unlikely for everyone to be able to defend the arena. He estimated that the people who could pass this stage would only be around 40-50 people.

The other participants were looking around the other competitors warily. None of them wanted to go up to an arena first. They wanted to observe the others before they made their move.

While the other participants took a wait and see approach, the three supreme geniuses gave each other a challenging look.

Then they went on separate ways as each of them stepped onto an arena.

The crown prince went up to the first arena which was at the left while Yun Ling took over the second arena in the middle. Yu Shan, on the other hand, took the last one at the right.

All three supreme geniuses had made the first move as they each took an arena for themselves. They looked incredibly intimidating as they looked down on the participants below the arena, waiting for someone to challenge them.

However, even after a few minutes, no one came up. They didn’t dare. These three looked like immovable mountains as they stood tall in the arena. They could only watch in silence as these three took over all the arena without resistance.

“Damn it! I couldn’t take this anymore! I’m going to challenge him!”

Right after saying that, a young man suddenly hopped onto the arena where Yun Ling was standing.

Yun Ling looked at the challenger and frowned. This young man seemed familiar. He felt as if he had seen him before but he couldn’t really recall seeing him.

The young man looked at Yun Ling angrily as he yelled, “Yun Ling! I’m going to take revenge for what you did to me back then!”

Yun Ling merely raised a brow at him. The fact that this young man was acting this way meant that they had indeed met each other. As for when, he just couldn’t remember.

“Do I know you?” he asked with genuine curiosity.

However, the young man’s anger seemed to grow at Yun Ling’s words. He was very insulted by that. How could Yun Ling forget about him? He had been beaten by him in broad daylight on his first day in the capital. Was he just pretending not to so he could insult him or Yun Ling really didn’t know him? If it was the former, shame on him. If it was later, shame on him too. Was he that insignificant to Yun Ling that he couldn’t even bother himself to remember him?

How hateful.

“My name is Qing Chuan. You beat me up when you returned to the capital. It was only because of senior Yu Shan here that you let me go,” he said with a grave voice.

“Oh… I remember you now,” Yun Ling nodded his head. So that was why he seemed familiar.

“I only have gratitude for senior Yu Shan for saving me but as for you”—Qing Chuan took out his sword from his storage ring and pointed the tip towards Yun Ling’s direction—“I hate you.”

Yun Ling smirked as if amused by what he had said. It was a similar amusement in a way when you see a kid saying they’d beat you up. You know they couldn’t harm you that was why it was so funny.

“I remember you were in the middle stage of the Core Formation Realm then but now you’re at the late stage,” Yun Ling said when he noticed his challenger’s cultivation realm. “You’ve improved. But can you handle my gaze now?”

Right after saying that, Yun Ling’s eyes changed. From a red phoenix eyes, it had turned into golden-colored eyes while the whites in his eyes became black.

Qing Chuan noticed that Yun Ling’s eyes seemed to change but before he could take a closer look, he fell on all fours. It was like something heavy had suddenly fallen on top of him, bringing him down. He couldn’t get up. It was exactly the same thing he experienced when Yun Ling beat him up back then.

With a condescending look, Yun Ling let out a sigh as he said, “Even though your cultivation realm had improved a bit, you still cannot handle my gaze. If you can’t even stand my gaze, you’re not worthy enough to be my opponent.”

Yun Ling kicked him in the stomach and sent him flying down the arena.

Qing Chuan spat out blood. Yun Ling didn’t seem to be putting too much force in that kick but he almost couldn’t withstand it. He was desperately gasping for air as he struggled to breathe. The blood stuck in his lungs also didn’t help.

After a few seconds, Qing Chuan was teleported back to the coliseum as several physicians came to his aid right away.

Yun Ling looked towards the rest of the participants indifferently and said, “If you’re not confident that you can stand up to my gaze, don’t bother going up. You’ll only embarrass yourself.”

Announcement
Please become my patron to help fund my education. You can read 5 chapters ahead of the official release on royalroad which is chapter 96, which means you can read up to chapter 100 with only $1. You can also read 15 chapters ahead plus 2 chapters a day for only $3 so do consider pledging if you have money to spare. There are also other offers that you can check out. Thank you so much.
34