Chapter 131 – The Final Battle
1.1k 2 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sparks could be seen all over the place as Yun Ling and Yun Yi’s swords kept hitting each other.

Yun Ling raised his sword and slashed down, trying to cut Yun Yi in half from head to toe. Yun Yi immediately put up his sword as he stopped Yun Ling’s sword from hacking him down. When Yun Yi successfully blocked his sword, Yun Ling slid his sword down against Yun Yi’s blade and thrust his sword forward, and planned on stabbing him in the stomach.

“Tsk!” Yun Yi clicked his tongue as he activated the Thunder God Flash Supreme Art and retreated backward before Yun Ling’s sword could hit him.

Upon seeing that, Yun Ling did the same and chased after him.

“Where are you going, Yun Yi? Are you trying to run away?” Yun Ling taunted him as he encased his sword with his spiritual energy and slashed it towards him.

Yun Yi moved his head to the side, barely dodging the incoming crescent-shaped spiritual energy that passed just beside his head as he replied, “For someone who had just fought the other two supreme geniuses, you sure are full of energy.”

“That was because you took your sweet time coming to me, Yun Yi. I was able to recover some of my spiritual energy while I was waiting,” Yun Ling said as he slashed his spiritual energy encased sword three more times.

“Is that so? So it was because I was slow, huh?” Yun Yi muttered as he nimbly dodged Yun Ling’s attacks.

“That’s right. You’re the one who’s making this fight harder for yourself for giving me the chance to rest!” Yun Ling suddenly appeared behind Yun Yi followed right after by the rumbling sound of thunder. Then, he stabbed his sword at Yun Yi’s back which had pierced through to his stomach.

“I prefer it this way since fighting you while you can barely fight back is”—Yun Yi started as he held his sword that had pierced through Yun Ling’s stomach—“meaningless.”

Yun Ling's eyes widened. The moment his sword hit Yun Yi at the back, Yun Yi had counterattacked and stabbed him in the stomach at the last moment.

He couldn’t believe it. He had actually managed to penetrate his armor! Even Yu Shan and the crown prince had a hard time trying to get past through his armor yet Yun Yi easily did it.

However, he soon calmed down and realize why Yun Yi was able to do so. It was because the defensive strength of his armor depends largely on his spiritual energy. If his spiritual energy was low, then so would his armor’s defense.

Yun Ling let out a sigh. He had actually seen the attack coming but his body wasn’t listening to him. He couldn’t dodge it. If he was at full strength like before he had fought Yu Shan and the crown prince, he would’ve been able to avoid that attack with no difficulty, but now, he was reaching his limits. He might have gotten some rest while waiting for Yun Yi but it wasn’t enough for a prolonged fight.

He then pulled out his sword from Yun Yi’s back as he jumped backward.

Yun Yi gave Yun Ling a grave look. His cousin might have been tired but he was still this formidable. He now knew how it felt to fight Yun Ling when he was being serious even though he was nowhere near his full strength.

“Not bad, Yun Yi. This is the most serious injury I’ve suffered throughout the entire Golden Dragon Election,” Yun Ling said. Even though Yu Shan and the crown prince managed to injure him, they were all light injuries compared to Yun Yi’s stab.

Yun Yi didn’t say anything as he readied his sword. He knew how tough Yun Ling’s armor was even before this fight so he was aware that Yun Ling was getting weaker which was why he could injure him.

“I don’t have much time, Yun Yi. Let’s finish this soon,” Yun Ling said as he rushed towards him while getting another flying sword from his storage ring. Now, he was using two swords with one sword in each hand as he attacked Yun Yi continuously.

Yun Yi didn’t bother defending himself anymore. He returned Yun Ling’s attack with equal ferocity.

Cuts started appearing one after another in their body as they no longer tried to defend themselves and kept attacking the other. It was all or nothing.

If Yun Yi really wanted to get the first place, he didn’t really have to engage Yun Ling in this manner. He could just keep his distance and keep attacking with him a hit-and-run tactic until Yun Ling reached his limits. However, he didn’t want to win that way. Yun Ling already gave him a huge handicap after fighting the two supreme geniuses so he wasn’t going to back out from the type of confrontation that Yun Ling wanted. He wouldn’t have been convinced with his victory if he played it safe.

“HAH!”

Yun Ling’s sword had gone all the way through Yun Yi’s chest. Just as he was about to pull his sword out, Yun Yi grasped the blade of his sword with his bare hand, stopping him from pulling it as he aimed the tip of his sword towards his neck.

He immediately put up his right arm in front of him, making Yun Yi’s sword pierce through his forearm instead and stopped it from piercing his neck.

Yun Yi used the Thunder God Flash Supreme Art as he kicked Yun Ling in the gut and sent him flying away.

He panted heavily as he broke Yun Ling’s sword which was stuck in his chest. He let the blade remain in his body so he wouldn’t bleed out. However, he removed most of the parts that were sticking out of his body so it wouldn’t hinder his movement too much.

He then noticed that the sky had suddenly turned dark. He looked up and saw golden bolts of lightning snaking around the sky.

A second later, dozens of lightning bolts which had the form of a golden dragon descended upon him.

“Shit!” he cursed out as he dodged each lightning bolt from hitting him. He was able to dodge the first few bolts of lightning but in the end, he was caught by one, and then the rest of the lightning bolts hit him which sent powerful waves of electricity throughout his body.

Announcement
For $1, you can read 20 chapters ahead of the official release; for $3, you can read 35 chapters; for $5, you can read 50+ chapters plus 2 chapters a day on weekdays; and as for $7, you can read 70+ chapters and get 2 chapters a day from Monday to Friday
 
A big thanks to Christian Washington for pledging $1. You can read 20 chapters ahead of the current chapters with this pledge. Thank you so much once again.
15