Chapter 135 – Oh
1.1k 4 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After staying silent for a while, Yun Ling started speaking, “I don’t think you’re inferior to me, though.”

His words caught Yun Yi’s undivided attention. What he said was supposed to comfort Yun Yi, however, he only met his cousin’s ridicule.

“Really? The Divine Being that only appears every ten thousand years is saying that a common man like me is not inferior to him? Who are you kidding, Yun Ling? Do you think I’m a kid?” Yun Yi said in disdain. His words only made him disgusted with how hypocritical it was. A being like him was the last one he wanted to hear those from.

Yun Ling wasn’t deterred by his words.

“You may not like what I said but that is what I really feel. Besides, it wasn’t like your efforts in trying to get to my level didn’t pay off,” Yun Ling as he looked at the ceiling.

“What do you mean?” Yun Yi asked, raising a brow at him.

With a smile, Yun Ling responded, “How do you think were you able to win against me in our fight? You suffered more injuries than I did that time yet you were still able to continue fighting… I had only one injury, that was the cut you gave me… it wasn’t even a direct hit, yet I was the one who succumbed first among the two of us.”

Yun Yi remained silent, trying to let him finish as he processed Yun Ling’s words.

“You had always undergone harsh training sessions to catch up to me. I’ve seen the injuries you’ve constantly suffered from your training sessions. I’ve seen you try punching a whole mountain to smithereens in a few months with just your bare hands without using any spiritual energy whatsoever. I remember seeing your bones sticking out of your fists because of that endeavor. I remember just how many times I visited you just like this when you are bedridden because of all the training that you’ve done. I remember…” Yun Ling continued listing the things that were related to Yun Yi as he thought back to the past. “I know just how hard you are to yourself, from past until now. I knew all of that because I was the one at your side all the time just as you were the one who was always at my side. I know you better than anyone, and you know me better than anyone. So I know that you know that the words I’ve said in this room, aren’t lies.”

Outside the room, Yun Zhan and Yun Wei were eavesdropping on them with their back against the door.

Unknowing of the presence of his father and grandfather, Yun Ling continued, “All the grueling and torturous training you’ve done from the past until now had paid off. You had become stronger from that. You were able to take more punishment because you are used to it. It is understandable that someone like me who rarely gets injured lost to you in terms of endurance. You are way tougher than me”—he paused as he looked at his cousin with a smile—“I am way stronger than you, though.”

Yun Yi snorted.

“Get lost! I was the one who won in the end.”

Yun Ling merely laughed at that.

“That’s why, Yun Yi, you aren’t inferior to me. I am superior to you in some areas but I am inferior to you in some areas as well. There are things that I could do that you couldn’t and vice versa. I’m sure you already know that” he let out a sigh after saying that. “I fully acknowledge my lost against you in the Golden Dragon Election but the next time we fight, I will be the winner.”

Yun Yi closed his eyes as he smiled at him.

“Dream on. The next time, I will take you down myself without Yu Shan or the crown prince wearing you down.”

Yun Ling let out a laugh once again as he stood up from his seat.

“I’m looking forward to our next fight. Get well soon, Yun Yi.”

“You as well, Young Master. You shouldn’t move around and should be resting instead,” Yun Yi said to him.

“So you’ve noticed it, huh?” Yun Ling asked as he raised a brow at him.

“I am not your aide for many years for nothing, Young Master,” Yun Yi said with a mysterious smile on his face. Yun Ling might have tried acting like he was already fine but he could see that he was still in pain from the subtle movements he let out.

“Is that so?” Yun Ling muttered with a gentle smile on his face as he opened the door.

Only to see his grandfather standing in front of him when he did so.

“Oh,” Yun Ling said.

“Oh,” Yun Wei said.

“Oh,” Yun Zhan said.

“Oh…” Yun Yi said upon noticing Yun Zhan and Yun Wei from his position.

Yun Ling eyebrows twitched. He didn’t notice it at first but it looks like his father was also here. Just how long had these two been standing there? Did they hear what he said to Yun Yi? The thought of them hearing what he said was making him embarrassed.

“You two… how long had you been here for?” Yun Ling asked with a dangerous tone in his voice.

Yun Zhan remained silent whereas Yun Wei…

“A few minutes I think?” the Yun Clan’s previous clan master said.

“I see…” Yun Ling nodded his head before narrowing his eyes at his grandfather, “Did you hear?”

“Hear what?” Yun Wei raised a brow at him. “You mean those cheesy things you’ve said to Yi’er?”

Yun Ling’s eyes went cold after hearing that.

“Courting death!”

“Ouch!”

A few hours later, Yun Yi was alone in his room as he quietly laid down on his bed. He couldn’t help but think back to Yun Ling’s words earlier.

‘You’re only saying that because I’m your family, Young Master,’ Yun Yi thought with a sigh. If it had been another person in his place who wasn’t a clan member of the Yun Clan or Yun Ling’s cousin, he was sure Yun Ling’s words would be different.

He let out a sigh as he looked towards the window in the direction of the fourth prince’s residence.

‘I’m sorry for betraying your trust, Young Master,’ he apologized in his head. ‘But I must do this…’

Announcement
Hey guys! It's almost May! Do consider pledging if you have money to spare!

For $1, you can read 20 chapters ahead of the official release and ready 2 chapters a day on weekdays; for $3, you can read 35 chapters and also 2 chapters a day on weekdays; for $5, you can read 50+ chapters plus 2 chapters a day on weekdays; and as for $7, you can read 70+ chapters and get 2 chapters a day from Monday to Friday!

18