Chapter 137 – The Emperor’s Friend
1.2k 6 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Your Majesty,” Yu Yinyi called out worriedly when the emperor finished reading the letter that he had just received.

The emperor kept the letter after reading it as he let out a sigh. The thing that he was worried about had finally come to fruition. He had been initiating meetings after meetings with the clan masters and other high-ranking officials in his empire after the Golden Dragon Election just to discuss this. Sadly, all of those meetings were just a waste of time. Instead of trying to think of the best way to go about this situation, they were all bickering with each other, only thinking of their best interests in mind.

Now, he could only rely on himself on what action he should take after receiving this letter.

All of the Sacred Kings in the World of Terra were being summoned to deal with the immortal in the Thousand Mountain Valley. Furthermore, the letter was signed by all of the sect masters of the first-rate sects with the signature of the sect master of the Law God Sect above theirs. There was even an undisguised threat in it that said:

Failure to comply would mean making an enemy with all the sects of the world!

Saying that they would become the enemy of all the sects in the world was merely an exaggeration on their part but it wasn’t far from the truth either. After all, most of the first-rate sects in the World of Terra had huge control over the second-rate sects. Only a few second-rate sects were free from their influence. Thus, it wasn’t farfetched to say that.

He let out a sigh once again.

He could understand why they were taking this forceful approach. The enemy was an immortal after all. Its existence was a threat to the world.

In this case, he could do nothing but comply. The empire might be able to take on a first-rate sect on its own but if the other first-rate sects joined in, the empire would surely lose. There was no point in engaging in a battle that he couldn’t win.

He would rather fight the immortal along with the other Sacred Kings. The chances of defeating an immortal despite their sheer number might be low but it was still higher when compared to the empire taking on the other first-rate sects on its own.

In the first place, not participating in the fight was impossible. He had long since decided that he would participate even without that threat. If he kept the empire safe and he didn’t participate, and then the immortal won, it would be bad for him since the immortal would be free to do as he pleased with their world if the Sacred Kings lost. On the other hand, if he didn’t participate and the Sacred Kings won, they would surely come after the empire and punish it for not participating in the fight.

The problem, however, was how many of his men should he bring along to the Thousand Mountain Valley? For the sect masters, they would have to bring their elders and some of their core disciples with them to the Thousand Mountain Valley even if they weren’t Sacred Kings. As for kings and emperors like him, they would have to bring a portion of their army. They might not be Sacred Kings but they could still prove some assistance with their vast number. This was also what he wanted to discuss in his meetings with the various clan masters and the high-ranking officials in the empire which in the end, had been disappointing.

He looked at Yu Yinyi and said, “Prepare ten thousand men. Give them triple their salary and some benefits for their family. This is going to be our most dangerous military campaign ever with an immortal as an enemy. We might get wiped out.”

“Understood.”

“Also, tell them to gather the clan masters, the heads of the noble families, and the top ten of the Golden Dragon Election. They will also be going with us,” the emperor said greatly shocking Yu Yinyi out about the last part.

“Your Majesty, they aren’t prepared for that. They are not powerful enough to face an immortal,” Yu Yinyi instantly complained. His concern was understandable since one of them was his son.

The emperor sighed at him.

“And neither are we powerful enough to face an immortal. You don’t have to worry, I do not intend to put them on the front lines. It's just that it is a waste not bringing them in the battle since it is a huge event that involves all the powers in the world. This will surely broaden their horizon which will only help them more in the long run. They will know what a true immortal is. They might even get some enlightenment from it…” the emperor said.

“But still…”

“Yu Yinyi, are you forgetting that my son is also one of the top ten? I understand your concern since I also feel the same. However, I want to make use of this situation as best as I can so they can improve. I want them to surpass me, to surpass us, and reach even greater heights that we can only hope to attain.”

Yu Yinyi let out a sigh.

“I understand. I will do as you say. But it doesn’t mean I wholly agree to it.”

The emperor smiled at him.

Even though Yu Yinyi was the unit commander, he also acted as his assistant since he was the one he trusted the most among the others. In other empires, the military was handled by the unit commander and the emperor. However, in the imperial court, it was the emperor who was solely in charge. The unit commander didn’t have much sway in the politics. It was different in Jin Empire though. Even in the imperial court, Yu Yinyi’s words held a lot of sway with how much authority the emperor had given him. If it was anyone else, the emperor might have been threatened by him but in Yu Yinyi’s case, he was not.

“Thank you for understanding, my friend.”

Announcement
Hey guys! It's now May! Do consider pledging if you enough money to spare!

For $1, you can read 20 chapters ahead of the official release plus 2 chapters a day on weekdays; for $3, you can read 35 chapters and also 2 chapters a day on weekdays; for $5, you can read 70+ chapters plus 2 chapters a day on weekdays; and as for $7, you can read 90+ chapters and get 2 chapters a day from Monday to Friday!

18