Chapter 138 – Emperor’s Summons
980 6 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yun Ling raised a brow upon entering his father’s office when he saw his father and mother with a huge smile on their faces as his father read a letter on hand.

“What’s up?” he asked as he came near them.

The two finally noticed his presence as they smiled at him. Yun Zhan let out a small laugh as he handed the letter to his son.

“Yun Feng is coming home. This letter was sent by your uncle a week ago. They should be arriving here in a few days,” Yun Zhan said while Yun Ling read the letter.

Before the Golden Dragon Election, Yun Feng had sent them a letter saying that he couldn’t come home because of the strict lockdown in the New Dawn Country. In fact, just sending that letter was quite risky on his part since he might be punished if the authorities caught wind of it. Since he was worried about his son’s well-being, and also to reassure his wife, Yun Zhan had sent his elder brother, Yun Cang, to the New Dawn Country to bring Yun Feng back home.

Yun Cang and Yun Feng were now on their way to the Jin Empire.

Yun Ling let out a frown as he said, “That’s good but I still find it strange that the New Dawn Country had imposed a lockdown in their place even though they had never done anything like that in the past. The New Dawn Country is a very important place, after all. It is the place that connects us to the other worlds.”

The New Dawn Country was the place where The Gate was located. It was the thing that connected their world to the other worlds. It was a teleportation device that allows one to travel to the other worlds… for the right price that is. One could even go to the Ethereal Realm using The Gate but those from the Ethereal Realm couldn’t come to their world even with the use of The Gate. Similarly, those from the World of Terra also couldn’t come down to lower realms with The Gate. The only worlds they could go to were the worlds higher than it or equal to it.

It wasn’t known who invented The Gate but legends said that it was left behind by the gods who once roamed the world some ten thousand to twenty thousand years ago. Until now, no one could replicate The Gate no matter how much they studied it. It was something that mortals like them couldn’t understand even after tens of thousands of years of studying. No one could even move it because of how heavy it was. Even with the strength of dozens of Sacred Kings, they couldn’t budge it.

One could only imagine how important the New Dawn Country was in the World of Terra with The Gate in their possession. What was more was that the mysterious leader of the New Dawn Country was said to be really strong. The entire country had a strength of a first-rate sect so even the Law God Sect would have to tread lightly around them.

Yun Zhan also let out a frown when Yun Ling said that.

“The lockdown in the New Dawn Country is probably related to the immortal in the Thousand Mountain Valley. I mean, why are they only imposing this lockdown now that there is an immortal in the world especially since they had never done anything like this before?” Yun Ling said as he looked at his father.

Yun Zhan sighed.

“You’re probably right but you might also be wrong. Still, this coincidence isn’t something we can ignore.”

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

The three looked towards the door when they heard someone knocking.

“I’ll go get it,” Li Jing volunteered as she walked towards the door and opened it.

After opening it, they saw one of the emperor’s trusted servants accompanied by two of their clansmen. One look on his face and it was obvious that he had something to say to Yun Zhan.

Yun Zhan merely raised a brow at him.

“What is it?”

The emperor’s servant walked inside the office as he looked at Yun Ling and Li Jing, but his gaze was more focused on Li Jing as he said, “It’s quite private, Clan Master.”

As the wife of the clan master of the Yun Clan, Li Jing was quick on the uptake.

“I’ll go check on my granddaughter,” she said as she walked out of the room, leaving Yun Zhan, Yun Ling, and their clansman behind. As for the two clansmen who had accompanied the servant, they left together with Li Jing.

After Li Jing left, he took a deep breath as he looked at Yun Ling first before settling his gaze on Yun Zhan. Then, he took out a scroll from his storage ring and handed it to Yun Zhan.

“Clan Master, His Majesty has given his summons to all of the heads of the clan, the noble families, all of the Sacred Kings in the empire, and also the top ten of the Golden Dragon Election in the Rose Garden at six in the evening tomorrow. It is related to the matter in the Thousand Mountain Valley,” he said after giving the scroll to Yun Zhan, which was the official summon the emperor had given to him to be handed out to Yun Zhan.

Yun Zhan frowned as he looked at his son. Since the top ten of the Golden Dragon Election were included, that would mean his son and his nephew would be somewhat involved in the matter regarding the Thousand Mountain Valley too.

He opened the scroll and silently read its contents. There was the stamp of the emperor’s seal at the bottom of the scroll while the contents were more or less the same as what the servant had just said to him.

The servant took out another scroll and said to Yun Ling, “This one is for you.”

Yun Ling narrowed his eyes upon receiving the scroll as he slowly unrolled it.

While doing so, he couldn’t help but think about what exactly was the emperor planning on summoning the top ten of the Golden Dragon Election along with the sacred kings and the heads of the various clans and noble families in the empire?

Announcement
Hey guys! It's now May! Do consider pledging if you enough money to spare! For $1, you can read 20 chapters ahead of the official release plus 2 chapters a day on weekdays; for $3, you can read 35 chapters and also 2 chapters a day on weekdays; for $5, you can read 70+ chapters plus 2 chapters a day on weekdays; and as for $7, you can read 90+ chapters and get 2 chapters a day from Monday to Friday!

A big thanks to Nova for the $3 pledge! With this, you can read up to chapter 180 plus 2 chapters a day! Thanks a lot really :D

18