Chapter 140 – From the Ethereal Realm?
968 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

There was only one explanation…

Yun Xia was from the Ethereal Realm.

Or at the very least, she or someone close to her had some connection to someone in the Ethereal Realm.

Yun Ling wasn’t really surprised. He had already expected that for a while already.

Snow Fang who was originally sleeping, opened one of his eyes as he took a peek at Yun Ling. When he saw Yun Ling transform when they were being chased by one of the Immortal Willow Tree’s branches, he happened to see his eyes. It was then that he had a suspicion that Yun Ling might be a Divine Being who possessed the Divine Eyes. Only a Divine Being could make him feel a sense of veneration within him that a god could despite only being at the Mortal Lord Realm.

“Waow!” the Lion King Cub cried out as it pressed its head against Yun Ling’s palms, feeling very contented.

After Yun Xia had finished speaking, she looked at her father in amazement and said, “Papa is one of those really amazing people that only appears every ten thousand years? Yay! My Papa is so awesome!”

Yun Ling sighed. Being known as a Divine Being might be awesome and all, but everything about it wasn’t good. There were a lot of problems that his status might bring him. It was like having a target on one’s back. It would be fine if he was the only one people with bad intentions were going to target but if his family would be involved, he would rather not have been born as a Divine Being at all.

“Young Master,” a servant suddenly came towards them and called out with a troubled look on his face.

Yun Ling raised a brow at him. Judging from the servant’s reaction, he had a feeling he knew what he came for.

“I take it… the people from the Law God Sect had come again?” he asked.

The servant slowly nodded his head and said, “They said that they wanted to speak to you.”

“And? What did you guys say to them?”

“We turned them down, of course, and sent them away.”

“That’s good,” Yun Ling said before letting out a sigh. He was exasperated. Those people sure were stubborn. They had been rejected again and again yet they kept coming back without being discouraged.

Ever since the Golden Dragon Election had finished, they kept going to their clan, saying that they wanted to recruit him into their sect. His father had rejected them of course since they didn’t know of their true intentions. Even before he had revealed in the Golden Dragon Election that he was a Divine Being, there were people from the Law God Sect who repeatedly came to their place years ago, trying to recruit him into the sect.

As for how the people from the Law God Sect knew, he had no idea. Either there was a spy in their clan, or it was because they knew of the phenomenon that occurred when a Divine Being was born like the emperor. It was most likely the latter.

“Alright, thanks for informing me. You may now leave,” Yun Ling said, finally dismissing the servant.

The servant bowed down to him first before leaving.

Yun Ling looked at his daughter and said, “Xiaxia, Papa is going to a meeting with your uncle, grandpa, great-grandpa, and the others tomorrow. You stay home and behave, okay?”

Yun Xia gave her father a pout and asked, “Can’t Yun Xia come?”

“You can’t. Just stay at home and don’t make any trouble for others, okay?”

Yun Xia was dissatisfied but nodded in the end since she didn’t want to make her father dislike her.

After seeing her nod, Yun Ling turned his attention to Snow Fang and said, “Snow Fang, you guard the place while we are away. All of the Sacred Kings in the empire will be attending the meeting tomorrow. It is the perfect time for our enemies to attack the clan since there are no Sacred Kings around.”

“Got it,” he said to Yun Ling telepathically.

Although Snow Fang had returned into the Mortal Lord Realm, he was once a Sacred King so he more or less knew how to deal with them. Moreover, he was a lesser beast. Even though he was at the Mortal Lord Realm, he could pose a huge threat to Fate Dominion Realm experts and even Sacred Kings if they weren’t careful due to the innate superiority he had against humans as a lesser beast.

The fourth prince then came to his mind. So far, the fourth prince hadn’t made a move on him yet. That was supposed to be a good thing, however, he didn’t feel comfortable having such a character around him and his family even if he hadn’t done anything wrong… yet, that is.

‘I shall deal with him once the matter in the Thousand Mountain Valley is finally done,’ he thought in mind.

Announcement
Hey guys! Do consider pledging if you have money to spare! For $1, you can read 20 chapters ahead of the official release plus 2 chapters a day on weekdays; for $3, you can read 35 chapters and also 2 chapters a day on weekdays; for $5, you can read 70+ chapters plus 2 chapters a day on weekdays; and as for $7, you can read 90+ chapters and get 2 chapters a day from Monday to Friday!

A big thanks to mpe4312 for the $7 pledge! With this, you can read 90+ chapters plus 2 chapters a day on weekdays! Thanks a lot really :D

16