Chapter 141 – Disturbance
960 4 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside Yun Ling’s room, Yun Xia had already fallen asleep while Yun Ling himself was still awake as he held a book and a brush in his hand.

The book was an introductory cultivation book explaining the cultivation realms from the Foundation Establishment Realm to the Sacred King Realm. It was a simple book that covered just the basics since it was an introductory one meant for kids. Although it was a simple book, Yun Xia could learn a lot from it so he was highlighting all the parts he thought would be important for his daughter to learn.

“Hm, this one as well…” he muttered to himself as he highlighted three sentences with his brush.

He rechecked everything in the book and nodded to himself once he was finally satisfied.

“I guess that’s all. The rest… I’m going to teach her myself,” he said as he closed the book and returned the brush to its proper place.

After that, he gently laid down on the bed just beside his daughter, trying very hard not to disturb the little girl’s sleep with his movements. Then, he silently stared at the ceiling.

Tomorrow, he was going to the Rose Garden together with his father, grandfather, and all the Sacred Kings in their clan because of the emperor’s summon for the matter about the Thousand Mountain Valley.

He found it really strange that among the Sacred Kings, the top ten of the Golden Dragon Elections were also summoned. What was the emperor’s purpose in doing so? It would be understandable if it was only him among the ten who was summoned since he was the one who knew a lot about the Immortal Willow Tree. After all, he had encountered one of its branches in the Thousand Mountain Valley a month ago, forcing him to use his Divine Eyes to escape from its clutches. Moreover, Snow Fang who knew the Immortal Willow Tree much better than him was also under his custody. Though he had already told the emperor everything that he and Snow Fang knew about the immortal, he wouldn’t find it strange if the emperor still summoned him for that.

But the one being summoned in his generation wasn’t just him alone. It was all of them who got into the top ten of the competition.

He let out a sigh.

What exactly was the emperor thinking?

He then shook all unnecessary thoughts out of his mind.

What was he thinking hard for anyway? He would get his answer tomorrow so there was no need to overthink about it since it wasn’t like he wouldn’t get an answer. He would just have to be patient about it.

Instead of thinking about the meeting tomorrow, it would be much better to go to sleep and relax.

Yun Ling slowly closed his eyes and was about to go to sleep when suddenly…

He heard something keep hitting the window in his room. At first, the sound was negligible so he didn’t bother trying to see what it was especially since he was already comfortable on his bed. However, after a minute, the sound kept getting louder and louder and it was starting to get on his nerves. He was also worried that it might wake his daughter up so Yun Ling finally got up from the bed and went towards the window to see what it was.

When he opened the window, he saw a tiny branch from one of the nearby trees in the courtyard stretch out towards his window.

Yun Ling narrowed his eyes.

The one making that noise was probably that branch.

The branch stopped hitting his window and pointed out towards the distance outside their clan compound. After that, it shrank back and returned to its original state.

Yun Ling frowned at that.

Was that a supreme art? That was quite strange. It reminded him of the Immortal Willow Tree that chased him when he was in the Thousand Mountain Valley and the nature spirit in the Golden Dragon Election who could control nature to some extent.

Yun Ling stuck his head outside the window, looking if there was anyone out there.

He found no one.

He then tried to sense his surroundings and see if anyone inside the clan compound had used a supreme art just now. They might have stopped controlling the branch but the spiritual energy that remained from controlling the branch would take at least a few minutes before it disappears completely.

After sensing his surroundings, he didn’t sense anyone inside the Yun Clan using a supreme art just now.

That meant that the one who controlled the branch just now was probably from outside the clan compound.

That was quite worrying.

After thinking it over for a minute, he went to Snow Fang’s room and woke him up.

“What is it, Young Master?” Snow Fang asked. Normally, he would get angry when someone disturbs his sleep but Yun Ling and his family were an exception.

“There’s someone calling me. I don’t know who it is nor what their intentions are but I’m going to go and see who it is. I want you to guard Yun Xia while I’m out.”

“Understood,” Snow Fang said and nodded. Then, he frowned and asked, “Is it wise to go and meet them though? As you said, you don’t know them. They might mean you harm or something. It might even be the people from the Law God Sect…”

Yun Ling frowned as well.

“They were able to control one of the branches of our tree in the courtyard to call me out. This should be hard to do since there is a protective barrier surrounding the clan, preventing anyone outside from seeing anything on the inside with the use of supreme arts. Since they bypassed the barrier and used their supreme art inside the clan compound like this, they are a threat to the security of our clan. I have to go check them out.”

“Still…”

“I’ll tell my father to have someone secretly follow me at a distance while I go and confront whoever it is. If I don’t show myself, they might not, either.”

Snow Fang was satisfied with that response.

“Alright.”

Announcement
Hey guys! Do consider pledging if you have money to spare! For $1, you can read 20 chapters ahead of the official release plus 2 chapters a day on weekdays; for $3, you can read 35 chapters and also 2 chapters a day on weekdays; for $5, you can read 70+ chapters plus 2 chapters a day on weekdays; and as for $7, you can read 90+ chapters and get 2 chapters a day from Monday to Friday!

A big thanks to mpe4312 for the $7 pledge! With this, you can read 90+ chapters plus 2 chapters a day on weekdays! Thanks a lot really :D

17