Chapter 142 – The Mother of His Daughter
1.4k 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yun Zhan was frowning while he was secretly following his son from a distance.

Earlier, Yun Ling had told him that there was someone from the outside who was able to use their supreme art inside their clan compound. Whoever it was, they managed to control one of their trees to call Yun Ling out. It might not seem like such a big thing but it was. One just had to think that instead of controlling one of their trees, what if they conjured a powerful, destructive supreme art inside their clan compound, getting everyone unaware?

That was what worried him, and what he and his son were concerned about. There would be so much casualty if that happened. That was why they intended to learn their identity and confront them about it since their security and their safety were at risk. They couldn’t just brush this discovery off and just go about their normal lives without any care of what just happened.

That would’ve been wholly irresponsible of him.

He then narrowed his eyes upon turning in a corner when he saw the branches of some trees ahead of Yun Ling suddenly move on their own and pointed towards a certain direction, guiding him to where the tip of their branches was pointing at.

After a few more seconds, Yun Ling had arrived in a dark alley while Yun Zhan went inside a nearby inn and got a room that was the closest to the alley. He didn’t spread his divine sense to the alley as that might alert the one who called Yun Ling into that place if they happened to notice it, however, he enhanced his other senses with a supreme art, especially his hearing senses so he could listen in when they were going to converse.

Yun Ling looked around the alley but found no one there.

A frown appeared on his face. He was called to that place yet no one showed up. Could it be that it wasn’t him who they were after?

After looking around once more, he said, “I’m here. Show yourself.”

A few seconds later, two figures showed up right in front of him in a peculiar way. They both appeared out of thin air with many leaves swirling around them.

Yun Ling narrowed his eyes.

He couldn’t discern their faces since one of the two had his entire body covered up by a dark robe while the other one had a white veil that was covering half their face.

Yun Ling couldn’t make out anything of the one wearing a dark robe but the other one, he could…

The other one was clearly a woman. She was wearing a turquoise blue dress that flowed down to the ground adorned by many precious stones. On her forehead was a golden tiara that seemed like a combination of a crown and a necklace with a small piece of a turquoise blue crystal at the center. She had a beautiful long white hair that looked bright in the dark as if it was reflecting the moonlight from the sky and a pair of silver-colored eyes that made Yun Ling suck in his breath a little. However, what caught Yun Ling’s attention the most were the woman’s ears. They were long and pointed just like that one participant from the Golden Dragon Election.

‘A nature spirit,’ Yun Ling thought in his mind. That would explain how they were able to control the tree from their courtyard. How they managed to do it from outside their clan compound though, was still a mystery.

Yun Ling observed her for a few seconds longer, and even though he had not seen her whole face yet he already felt that the woman in front of him was beautiful.

He immediately chanted some mantras in his mind to keep his calm and remove all the unnecessary thoughts he had to the woman in front of him. He was a changed man. He was no longer the same as he had been in the past. He wouldn’t entangle himself with any random woman anymore especially now that he had a daughter.

After observing the woman, he set his gaze on her companion who was wearing a dark robe. Though Yun Ling couldn’t feel anything from him, he was giving him some dangerous vibes. At that moment, Yun Ling knew that the one covered in the dark robe wasn’t someone he could easily mess with. He was definitely powerful.

“Who are you?” Yun Ling asked when he was done checking them out. He was observing their actions very carefully. If any of the two made a wrong move, he would immediately summon his sword and fight them.

Before the woman could speak, the one in the dark robe spoke in an aged voice, “No need to be so wary of us.”

Yun Ling merely smiled at that.

“Why should I not be wary? Two suspicious individuals who are somehow capable of getting past through our clan’s security are calling me out here in this shady place with who knows what intentions they have… tell me, should I not be wary of those two individuals?”

The one in the dark robe went silent while the woman gave a disapproving look at her companion.

“You’re right. That was foolish of me,” he said before going silent once again.

“Tell me, who are you two really? What do you want with me? And how were you able to use your supreme arts from outside our clan compound?” Yun Ling asked.

At the room of the inn near the alley, Yun Zhan listened to their conversation. Like his son, he was already prepared in case things go south with the people Yun Ling was talking to. He was holding his sword and was ready to jump out in his son’s defense any second now.

The woman looked at her companion for a second and then nodded.

After that, she looked at Yun Ling intently in the eye.

“We came here because we have something to tell you,” she said with a sweet and gentle voice.

“What is it?” he asked, secretly chanting some mantras in his head again to calm his heart.

“You should prepare yourself and get far away from here… I’m afraid that a huge war might break out in this world.”

“Is that so? Why are you telling me this?” Yun Ling asked with a dull voice. As for the war that the woman was saying, it was probably about the war between the Sacred Kings and the immortal. It was something that he already knew so he wasn’t surprised.

Her next words, however, shocked the hell out of him.

“I am saying this to keep you safe. It is because you are the father of my daughter…”

Yun Ling’s mouth went agape.

“W-what?”

Announcement
Hey guys! Do consider pledging if you have money to spare! For $1, you can read 20 chapters ahead of the official release plus 2 chapters a day on weekdays; for $3, you can read 35 chapters and also 2 chapters a day on weekdays; for $5, you can read 70+ chapters plus 2 chapters a day on weekdays; and as for $7, you can read 90+ chapters and get 2 chapters a day from Monday to Friday!
20