Chapter 144 – Grand Treasure
1.1k 1 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside Yun Zhan’s office were Yun Zhan, Yun Wei, Yun Mingyuan, and Yun Cang, discussing the New Dawn Country and the two who had confronted Yun Ling just now.

“You’re saying that my great-granddaughter’s mother showed herself to Ling’er?” Yun Wei asked as he looked at his son in surprise.

Yun Zhan nodded tiredly. There had been many things he wanted to ask Yun Xia’s mother but unfortunately, he didn’t have a chance to do that. They both disappeared before he decided to confront them.

“She said that a big war might take place in this world. War for the possession of one of the Twelve Heavenly Grand Treasures in the universe,” Yun Zhan said grimly.

Their hearts trembled when they heard what Yun Zhan said.

Twelve Heavenly Grand Treasure?

Yun Cang’s heart was beating wildly as he asked Yun Zhan, “Are you sure you didn’t mishear her or anything?”

“I am positive I didn’t mishear her words. I heard her loud and clear. You can ask my son. He was the one who talked to her.”

“No, there’s no need. I believe you,” he said as he looked towards the door. Both his nephews, Yun Ling and Yun Feng were outside, talking to each other. It had been several months since they had last seen the other after all. If possible, he didn’t want to disturb those two.

Yun Mingyuan looked at Yun Wei and Yun Zhan as he asked, “Could this be related to the immortal in the Thousand Mountain Valley? The Heavenly Grand Treasure, that is…”

“Most likely it is,” Yun Zhan answered him as he pinched the bridge of his nose. The matter of the Thousand Mountain Valley was already complicated enough on its own with the immortal’s presence in there. Now there might be the possibility that one of the Twelve Heavenly Grand Treasures is there.

Of course, that woman might be lying. But if she was, what would she gain from telling them that lie?

Whether she was lying or not, they still had to consider that she might be speaking the truth. At least, they wouldn’t be caught off guard if her words really turned out to be true. It was much better to prepare with that knowledge in mind than not.

“That’s right, Father… Elder Brother… do you have something to tell me about the New Dawn Country?” he asked as he turned his attention towards them.

Yun Wei looked at his eldest son and nodded his head at him.

Yun Cang took that as a cue that his father wanted him to speak about it himself. He looked at his younger brother and said, “The reason the New Dawn Country had been closed off was that there were many people from other worlds starting to come to our world.”

“What do you mean?”

“Normally, there are only a few dozen people from other worlds coming here every year. This time, however, is different. There are already thousands of people from the other world currently inside the New Dawn Country,” Yun Cang said, making Yun Zhan’s face heavy. “The leader of the country knew that something was up so he immediately implemented a strict lockdown in the country, not allowing anyone to come in or come out. He probably suspected that they were up to something in our world so he didn’t allow them to come out.”

“The fact that you and Yun Feng are here, then…”

“Of course, no matter how hard he tried containing them inside the country, there were still others who were able to sneak outside. I, myself, am one of them. I managed to sneak inside and then get out together with Yun Feng, though it certainly wasn’t easy. When I entered there, I’ve heard some rumors that the leader of the New Dawn Country was confronted with dozens of Sacred Kings from other worlds. Apparently, they have had enough of the leader containing them in there. As for the outcome of their battle, I don’t know.”

Yun Zhan let out a sigh after hearing what Yun Cang said.

From what he had heard from him, he was starting to think that the woman’s words might be true. There was no other explanation on how could there be that many people from other worlds coming into their world. If it was because of the Heavenly Grand Treasure, then that would explain many things.

It would explain why there was an immortal inside the Thousand Mountain Valley now out of all time. It would also explain why there were too many people from other worlds coming into their world.

They were all after one thing only; the Heavenly Grand Treasure.

When the universe was born, it was said that the Twelve Heavenly Grand Treasures came into being. All of these treasures contained heaven-defying powers that would make even gods and immortals tremble in fear. Some of these treasures had the power to control time, space, life, and death itself. There were even some treasures that were said to hold the power to change the laws of the universe. These treasures were just as mysterious and as grand as the universe itself. They were very mystical treasures that surpassed all the other treasures in the history of the universe.

That was exactly why they were sought-after. People wouldn’t hesitate to wage war no matter how many lives were going to be wasted to get a hold of one of the Twelve Heavenly Grand Treasures in their hands. They wouldn’t even hesitate to destroy a world if they could. That was just how valuable any of the Twelve Heavenly Grand Treasures were.

“What should we do now? Should we try and get the Heavenly Grand Treasure?” Yun Cang asked both his father and his younger brother.

Yun Wei shook his head.

“It would be best not to. There’s not only us, Sacred Kings in this world now. There is an immortal involved here… even people from other worlds are here. Most of them are probably at the Sacred King Realm too… not to mention… even gods might be involved in this.”

“That’s not surprising. This is one of the Twelve Heavenly Grand Treasures after all,” Yun Zhan said with a sigh.

Yun Cang no longer said anything. Before he even asked that question, he knew that it was close to impossible to getting that treasure in their own hands. Even without the immortal and the people from other worlds involved, there were also the first-rate sects and the various empires in the world which would try to get it. Their clan might be one of the most powerful clans inside the Jin Empire but in the grand scheme of things, they weren’t that powerful yet.

Announcement
Hey guys! Do consider pledging if you have money to spare! For $1, you can read 20 chapters ahead of the official release plus 2 chapters a day on weekdays; for $3, you can read 35 chapters and also 2 chapters a day on weekdays; for $5, you can read 70+ chapters plus 2 chapters a day on weekdays; and as for $7, you can read 90+ chapters and get 2 chapters a day from Monday to Friday!
14