Chapter 145 – Confronting Yue Dongmei Once Again
995 4 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“So… how was your mission in the New Dawn Country?” Yun Ling asked his little brother after they exchanged greetings with each other.

Yun Feng’s face went ugly when Yun Ling asked that.

“It was so boring, Big Bro… Father’s mission for me was to form connections with some of the officials and the various powerful figures in the New Dawn Country. It was dull. I want some action, not boring stuff like these,” Yun Feng said with a pout, making Yun Ling sigh exasperatedly at him. He didn’t know what to say to that.

Yun Ling looked at his little brother from head to toe. Among all of them, Yun Hui was the one who resembled their father the most. On the other hand, he was the one who was the most feminine looking of the three, and as much as he disliked that fact but there was nothing he could do about it. As for Yun Feng, both his mother and father’s characteristics could be seen in him. It could be said that he was the perfect balance of his father and mother in appearance.

Regarding his attitude though…

Despite being fifteen years old, he still acted like a kid. He could even say that perhaps, Yun Xia was much more mature than him.

Yun Ling couldn’t help but be amused at that. Yun Xia was far more mature than other children her age. It was as if she wasn’t just five years old but much older. He had always wondered how Yun Xia was raised by her mother to be who she was today.

Shaking those thoughts out of his mind, he looked at his little brother disapprovingly and said, “Father’s mission will only help you and the clan in the future. You have to keep in mind that having might alone isn’t enough. One must also have powerful connections to reach the top of this world. Didn’t you plan on surpassing me? If so, keep that in mind and do your best in future missions no matter how dull it is for you.”

Yun Feng rolled his eyes.

“Yeah, right… I don’t care about connections as long as I have enough strength to defeat every enemy I have.”

“Then do you have enough strength to beat pretty much anyone who will try to harm you?” Yun Ling retorted as he chopped his little brother’s head with his hand.

“Ouch!” Yun Feng covered his head as he frowned at his big brother.

“Having good connections is good. It is the weapon of the weak against strong opponents,” Yun Ling said. “Lesser Beasts are stronger than most humans, but do you know why it isn’t them that rules this world now but us? Aside from our superior numbers, it is because we are willing to cooperate with each other. Many lesser beasts are very territorial and they really wouldn’t seek another lesser beast’s help even when they needed it. They view it as a shame. Something that will hurt their pride. However, we are different. When we have an opponent that we won’t be able to beat alone, we will beat them up using our connections… our superior numbers. In this way, we are able to rule this world despite being weaker than the lesser beasts.”

Of course, there were some people who could go toe to toe with powerful lesser beasts on their own. But they were in the minority. Most people really wouldn’t stand a chance against lesser beasts in the same realm as them if they were alone. That was why it was recommended to at least have a group of three when trying to fight a lesser beast so they would stand a chance against them.

“Is that the reason why you lost in the Golden Dragon Election?” Yun Feng asked with a teasing smile.

Yun Ling’s eye twitched when he heard his little brother mock him.

“Individually, I am much stronger than Yu Shan, Yun Yi, and the crown prince,” Yun Ling said with a wry smile on his face. “But if the three of them came at me together at the same time, then it would be really hard for me to win.”

“Still, second place is not that bad. You should be proud of yourself,” Yun Feng said, pretending to be wise.

Veins protruded on Yun Ling’s temple.

“Get lost! How dare a brat like you lecture me?!” Yun Ling said sharply. He was so close to spanking this little brother of his in the butt.

Yun Feng merely stuck out his tongue. Then, he became excited as he asked, “Big Bro, I heard that you have a daughter? That means I’m an uncle now. Where is she? Let me see!”

“Uncle…” Yun Ling said with an exasperated voice. “For an uncle, your niece sure acts more mature than you.”

“I don’t care about that. Where is she? I want to see how she looks like.”

“She’s already sleeping so don’t disturb her. Let’s go see her caretaker instead, I have something to ask her,” Yun Ling said with a serious look on his face.

Yun Feng let out a sigh at that.

“Okay.”

The two started heading towards Yue Dongmei’s room. While they were on their way there, Yun Feng told Yun Ling about what happened inside the New Dawn Country. He told him about the influx of visitors from other worlds who had used The Gate to come into their world. He told him that the leader of the New Dawn Country was being challenged by dozens of Sacred Kings who had enough of him confining them into the New Dawn Country.

“I see…” Yun Ling muttered after hearing his little brother’s words. “The leader of the New Dawn Country is quite mysterious. There’s not much that we know about him. Not even the first-rate sects truly know who he is. Though I doubt that he can take on dozens of Sacred Kings on his own. Even the most exceptional of Sacred Kings can only take on three or four other Sacred Kings on their own at most. With dozens of Sacred Kings challenging him, he will surely lose if he doesn’t have any help.”

“That’s what uncle thought too. But maybe he has something up his sleeve if he dares to confine all the Sacred Kings from other worlds inside the New Dawn Country,” Yun Feng said what he heard from Yun Cang.

Yun Ling nodded, agreeing with what he said.

“We’re here,” Yun Ling said when they stood outside Yue Dongmei’s room which was only two rooms away from his room.

Announcement
Hey guys! Do consider pledging if you have money to spare! For $1, you can read 20 chapters ahead of the official release plus 2 chapters a day on weekdays; for $3, you can read 35 chapters and also 2 chapters a day on weekdays; for $5, you can read 70+ chapters plus 2 chapters a day on weekdays; and as for $7, you can read 90+ chapters and get 2 chapters a day from Monday to Friday!
17