Chapter 191 – Unprecedented
428 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

World of Terra
Law God Sect

The Law God Sect was one of the biggest sects in the World of Terra. They were also one of the most, if not, the most powerful sect among all sects in the world. However, even though they had that kind of status, they actually only have five core disciples in their ranks. Other smaller sects would have at least ten core disciples while most of the first-rate sects would have fifteen, twenty, or sometimes, even more than twenty core disciples in their sect.

Only the Law God Sect had five core disciples every generation. It was because they valued quality more than quantity. In order for an inner court disciple to become a core disciple, they would have to undergo rigorous tests and examinations. First, they must have a big contribution to the welfare of the sect. Second, they must be extremely loyal to the sect without an ounce of ill will to it. Lastly, their realm must not be any lesser than the late stage of the Four Transformation Realm with their age being thirty years old or less. If they were already past that age, the best they could do was become an elder or something.

Though the last requirement was to get into the late stage of the Four Transformation Realm, rarely would people in the Four Transformation Realm become a core disciple. They would have to be in the Mortal Lord Realm if they wanted to make sure they would become a core disciple after passing the other requirements.

After passing all three requirements, the Law God Sect's higher-ups would then have a meeting to discuss whether to make that disciple a core disciple or not. Usually, the higher-ups assigned for this meeting were only around ten people which was why to successfully become a core disciple, they must have the approval of six people or more in the meeting.

Though becoming a core disciple was extremely hard in the Law God Sect, they were greatly respected by their fellow disciples and including the disciples from other sects. Not to mention the disciples, even the elders and other high-ranking individuals in other sects were in awe of them because they knew just how hard it was to become a core disciple in the most powerful sect. Aside from status, the Law God Sect's core disciples would also receive cultivation resources equal to the resources of a sect master in a small sect.

The core disciple position in the Law God Sect was something that was sought after by everyone, and now, all those core disciples were inside one room, discussing some things among themselves.

"I think it's foolish to declare war with the immortal in the Thousand Mountain Valley. Why resort to fighting right away instead of talking to it? Why not engage in diplomacy?" a core disciple who looked like a scholar started.

"Ming Ru, it's because they wanted to get the treasure that attracted the immortal there. They let their greed get the best of them," another core disciple said.

"Don't say it like that. It's not purely because of greed alone. It's because that immortal is too much of a threat to the balance of the world that it must be eliminated. Even if we talked to it, the immortal might go along with us at first, but what if it went back on its words later and decide to hunt for us one by one? What if it tried destroying the smaller sects first, killing all of their Sacred Kings, and then before we knew it, it had already eliminated most of the Sacred Kings to the point that the remaining Sacred Kings could no longer do anything about it? Think about it."

"That's right. We must deal with it while we are at our strongest. Nearly all of the Sacred Kings in the World of Terra are heading here right now. If we don't deal with that immortal right now while we are at our strongest, like what he said, it might hunt us down when our forces are finally scattered. If it comes to that point, we will be helpless."

Ming Ru frowned. His gaze then shifted to the strongest core disciple among them.

"Yu Zhong, what do you think?"

Yu Zhong looked at Ming Ru and the rest with a bored gaze.

"No matter what you think about this situation, it's all useless. The people at the top already made their decision. All we can do now is comply whether we like it or not so this entire discussion is useless," Yu Zhong said before standing up. "I'm leaving. This is a waste of time."

The other core disciples looked at him in disapproval. They didn't dare say anything though since they knew he was a lot stronger than them. If they displeased Yu Zhong and it came to a fight, they would lose without a doubt to him.

"Where are you going, Yu Zhong?"

Yu Zhong let out a bloodthirsty grin as he responded, "I heard there are quite a lot of interesting people in the Jin Empire. I'm quite curious so I'm going to wait for them and see for myself exactly just how strong they are."

Ming Yu's eyes widened.

"Jin Empire? That's the empire where the Divine Being is, right?" he muttered to himself. When the Golden Dragon Election in the Jin Empire had finished, the people from the Law God Sect who were observing the battle had informed the sect of the Divine Being's presence in the Jin Empire.

That Divine Being was named, Yun Ling. It was a name everyone in the room already knew about.

Yu Zhong's grin went even wider.

"I wonder how strong a Divine Being is. Hopefully, he won't disappoint me."

The other core disciples looked at him. Though Yu Zhong was someone they disliked a lot, they also acknowledged his strength.

If there was someone who could say something like that to a Divine Being, then Yu Zhong was definitely one. He was just the strongest among their generation. No one could come close to him.

...

The Law God Sect's Sect Master stood at the tallest pillar of their sect, looking at the huge flying ships heading towards their sect.

"They finally arrived," the handsome middle-aged sect master said softly.

Riding those ships were the Sacred Kings all over the world, and they were all about to gather in one place. That was something that hadn't happened in the past thousands of years.

Announcement
It's now September! Please consider pledging so you can read 12 weeks in advance (85+ chapters) plus 2 chapters a day for only $1! Or pledge $3 to read 100 chapters (14 weeks) in advance!
6