Chapter 195 – Treatment
374 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The former Sacred King monk placed his hand on Yue Dongmei's forehead as he used a supreme art allowing him to guide his spiritual energy inside Yue Dongmei's body without causing her harm. The reason he did that was so he could check the curse that was on her body.

While the monk was doing that, Yun Ling carefully looked at what the monk was doing along with Snow Fang and Yun Feng. As for the children, they were just observing the procedure in curiosity. The only one worried there was Yun Xia since she was the closest one to Yue Dongmei.

After a few minutes, the monk said, "This is the Soul Grasping Curse. This curse is normally used to force someone to keep their oath. The moment someone with this curse says the wrong word, it will instantly alert the one who put this curse and they will be able to attack her soul as a result."

"How does that curse work?" Yun Ling asked. He wanted to know more about that curse for future references.

"When the other party makes an oath, the other one made them hand over a part of their soul to them. If they ever go against their oath, the one who had that soul would know and they would then be able to do whatever they want to that soul since they had broken the oath. In this case, the one who had a part of this woman's soul tried to destroy her soul, however, since a person's soul couldn't easily be destroyed, what happened was that her damaged soul returned back to her body. The reason why she is unconscious and has yet to wake up is that the rest of her soul is trying to fix that damaged soul that just returned to her."

Yun Ling narrowed his eyes.

"Does that mean that when she finally wakes up, she can now tell me everything without this happening again?" Yun Ling asked after listening to all that.

The monk nodded his head.

"Since the part of her soul used for the oath had finally returned to her, the one who made her do that oath could no longer do anything to her."

At the side, the children had a hard time following what they were talking about. They were confused and could barely understand anything.

"Can you heal her?" Yun Ling finally asked the important question.

"It will take some time but we can," the monk said. "Even though the damage to her soul is small, it isn't easy to fix. Even the most grievous of injury is nothing to a bit of damage in a soul so I estimate it will take about a week at most or three days at the very least to heal her damaged soul."

Yun Ling let out a sigh of relief. He was afraid that they wouldn't be able to do anything about it. He was already glad even if it would take months or years as long as she got better. The fact that it would only take a mere week or days was something he was even more glad about.

"Then, I'll leave them into your hands," Yun Ling said. "Where are you going to heal her? Do you need me to move her somewhere else?"

"No need. We'll do it right here," the monk said. "For the meantime, you should go and check the Great Hall. Tathagata told me before leaving that you can finally go inside that place."

Yun Ling was quite surprised. In his entire stay in the Great Buddhist Monastery in the past, he was never granted access to the Great Hall by Tathagata. They were really strict about that place since there was a possibility that one could gain enlightenment from looking at the various murals in there and learn some of the Great Buddhist Monastery's supreme arts.

With a serious look on his face, Yun Ling responded, "I will check that place later."

The monk nodded at him before he sat down in a lotus position in front of Yue Dongmei. When he sat down, the other two monks followed. The three pressed their hands together as they started glowing with golden light while chanting a mantra.

The children felt their hearts thump wildly when the monks chanted. It was as if the world was rumbling with an incredibly loud sound. Their souls shivered when they heard their chants.

Yun Ling looked at the children and said, "Go outside so you won't be affected by their chants."

The children nodded at him as they went outside the room followed right after by Snow Fang and the Lion King Cub who saw the look that Yun Ling was giving him. Though Yun Ling didn't say anything to him, he knew that Yun Ling wanted him to follow the children.

After the children went outside, Yun Ling sat down as he watched on the side along with Yun Feng.

In the past, he had always wanted to go to the Great Buddhist Monastery's Great Hall. However, now that the opportunity was just right in front of him, he didn't go there right away. Instead, he stayed to watch Yue Dongmei's treatment on the side, waiting for the moment when she finally recovered.

At that moment, he would apologize for his actions. Then, he would ask her about Yun Xia's mother and his daughter's origins now that he knew that her curse was finally gone.

Announcement
It's now September! Please consider pledging so you can read 12 weeks in advance (85+ chapters) plus 2 chapters a day for only $1! Or pledge $3 to read 100 chapters (14 weeks) in advance!
7