Prologue
108 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Have you ever told anyone to go to hell?

Well, I must have been a particularly obedient person in my previous life, because that's exactly where I appear to be.

Hell is definitely blacker than I would have thought. A world of pure darkness, save from the silvery-black hellfire stretching as far as the eye can see, providing minimal illumination, and also providing me endless torment.

At first, the burning pain was completely mind-numbing. I couldn't even get a coherent thought to run through my head (if I even had a head), nor could I process where I was or what was happening, not a great experience if I do say so myself.

Clarity came to me over time though, the pain gradually becoming closer to a feeling of hot stabs all over my body instead of being completely overwhelming, as to whether I developed some kind of supernatural immunity to the hellfire, or simply got used to it, I have no idea.

As of now, I don't perceive any pain from it anymore. At most, it's just warm.

Also, I'm not exactly trapped in place by anything, I have tried walking in a set direction for a long period of time, but there's nothing besides more hellfire.

With that, I'm currently sitting around in hell, bored out of my mind.

I don't know how much time has passed, a month? a year maybe?

I would try closing my eyes and taking a nap, but I don't have eyes.

Fuck.

...

Suddenly, a fiery rift starts forming in the black sky above, an unknown distance away from me, relief coming over me as something finally breaks the monotony of eternal boredom.

The rift expands slowly at first, then picks up pace, going faster and faster until it looks like there's an entire sun in the sky.

BOOOM

I'm sure that's what a supernova explosion would look like. It doesn't reach anywhere near me but the proceeding shockwave completely puts out all the hellfire in sight, somehow not affecting me. Now, who could be making such a dramatic entry?

When the explosion clears up, the first thing I see is an absolutely massive fiery bird in the sky. Well, I can't tell exactly how large it is because there's no sense of distance here, but it's definitely stupidly big.

An eagle-like bird made up of pure flames. Yeah, that's a phoenix.

While I'm stared down by the gargantuan bird, a soft and mature feminine voice rings out in my head.

"Soul number fifteen... perfect compatibility.. PERFECT COMPATIBILITY!?"

While I ponder why there is a gigantic Pheonix in the sky staring me down, and the meaning behind those words, I'm promptly scared out of my wits as the massive phoenix flaps it's wings and starts flying towards me at impossible speeds.

Right as it looks like I'm about to be kamikaze'd by the city-sized phoenix, it rapidly shrinks in the air above me, until it’s person-sized and turns into a woman standing before me, a very beautiful woman at that.

With a form-fitting red dress, long scarlet red hair, wide hips, a narrow waist, and what I can only assume to be an H-cup bust, she's very beautiful indeed.

Judging by her facial structure and the general aura she gives off, I would say she's in her late 20's to early 30's, of course, I would be stupid if I actually thought that.

I try not to let my eyes wander too much though, I'm sure she can send me to the second afterlife if she wants to.

Standing up as she walks up to me, she observes my soul form with an excited expression on her face, before speaking.

"Oooh, an earthling. I've heard stories of earthlings faring well after transmigration..."

"Say, boy, on a scale from one to ten, how much does this hurt?"

She says this as she holds her hand out and blasts me with the very same hellfire that used to surround this area, instead of her red phoenix flames. Kind of rude, but whatever.

"How is that?" she asks excitedly, seemingly surprised that I don't scream out in pain.

"...About a four."

My voice comes out raspily, probably the result of not using it in ages. Wait, how can my voice be raspy if I don't have a body?

"Four? good... very good. You're exactly who I'm looking for." she says with a sultry smile.

I don't know what's "very good" but I'm assuming it has something to do with hellfire not hurting me. It might be because of my body, or lack thereof, but I don’t feel any lust at her seductive expression. Putting that aside, I guess I’ll ask her the big question.

"...I don't suppose you're here to offer me some sort of mission in exchange for getting me out of here?"

Although I’m currently amnesic, this scenario seems oddly familiar.

She reveals a grin at my words. "My, my. It looks like earthlings do catch on quickly. Yes, long story short, I picked the wrong fight and was injured severely. I need to bind myself to a soul with a high affinity for flames. I suppressed my injuries magically but I'm running on fumes here."

I'm momentarily surprised by the mention of magic before I facepalm, no shit magic exists, I'm currently conversing with an immortal phoenix in human form, aren't I?

"So, what do I need to do?"

The details I'm given are brief, but I don't need to hear more. As long as it gets me out of this place I'll do whatever.

"Just accept the prompt and I'll use the last of my power to get us out of here. There's a certain brat unworthy of their phoenix inheritance that you are going to be replacing."

As I'm about to ask what she means by that...

Game invitation received. Accept? [Y/N]

Startled momentarily at the prompt floating before my eyes, a feeling of deja vu washes over me, though I don't hesitate to press Y.

Gamer system initialized

Your soul is now bound to Mia (lvl. ?). This action cannot be undone.

Error: bound souls may not differ in level

Levels have been adjusted accordingly

I don't get the chance to say anything before Mia, as the prompt says, yells out. "Hold on tight!"

Mia has used skill: Transmigration (Active) - EX

With that, the world exploded.


I open my eyes, a soft feeling beneath me, and what looks like a marble ceiling above me.

Before I catch my bearings, memories come flooding into my head. Memories of my previous life, memories of my family, of dying a fiery death, and of the events that transpired just before I woke up on this soft bed.

I don't know which poor chump's body I've stolen, but Mia mentioned something about an unworthy brat.

I sit up and observe the luxurious room I'm in. Damn. Transmigration into a silkpants? Could be worse.

I make my way over to a massive mirror on the other side of the room, appreciating the feeling of having a physical body again, and take a good look at my new sack of flesh.

Hmm.. not bad. I guess this is what they call a bishounen, huh? I stand at around 180 centimeters tall, with semi-long blonde hair and deep blue eyes. I've got some makings of muscles, I can improve on that though.

This split hairstyle won't do, better fix that up.

As I walk back to my bed and wonder what the hell I’m supposed to do now, a red light flashes from my body before coalescing into the human form of the phoenix herself, Mia.

She speaks up as she sits on my bed and crosses her legs "You sure are taking this in stride, earthling. I expected some excitement or fear."

I can't help but notice her amazing body as she sits there with her legs crossed, I feel myself grow to a semi before I tear my gaze away and walk to the marble wardrobe next to my bed.

"Oh? Maybe you are feeling excited after all." she muses, clearly noticing.

"I can't help it, I've been deprived for a while."

"I figured, seems like I sent you the right place then."

The right place? As I think about what she means, I open up the wardrobe and see a familiar red outfit. Now, where have I seen this before?

Oh.

OH.

For the first time, I better look at my...

"Status"

Riser Phenex
Race: Devil
Sex/Age: Male/18
Height/Weight: 181cm/70.2kg
Class: Mage
Level: 1 (0%)
HP: 500 (100 per minute)
MP: 2000 (500 per minute)
STR: 10 (x5) = 50
END: 10 (x5) = 50
DEX: 10 (x5) = 50
INT: 20 (x5) = 100
WIS: 20 (x5) = 100
CHA: 40 (x5) = 200
LUK: 20 (x5) = 100

Skills:

[Racial Traits] (Passive)
As a devil, all your stats are multiplied by 5.

You can grow wings made from demonic power, and you can understand and speak all languages.

You have an inherent weakness to Light Magic, taking 300% damage from light attacks. Objects and places of God cause you discomfort at the least and pain at the most.

[Gamer's Mind] (Passive)
Provides immunity to mental manipulation, trauma, and status effects. Also prevents extreme emotions from affecting actions. 

[Gamer's Body] (Passive)
Provides a body of infinite potential for evolution.

[Observe] (Active)
Displays information about the target.

[Locate dungeon] (Active)
Locates a dungeon appropriate for the given level range.

[Phoenix physiology] (Passive) 

HP Regeneration greatly increased

Damage of all fire-related skills is increased by 300%, and MP cost reduced by 100%.

Provides 100% faster leveling speed for fire-related skills.

Provides immunity for flames weaker than your own.

 

The weight of the situation finally hits me.

We're in the titty anime.

 

1