Chapter 4: The Perfect Inheritor
4.2k 9 101
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Strafe knew that Dyne would have this passionate reaction.

“Wait. If you guys can do that, why didn’t you think of creating a world where artifacts and other cool stuff would exist?”

“We didn't need to. You forget what level my Master was at. She was a Sovereign. Although vastly incomparable to the Sovereign of this realm, she was a Sovereign that could easily create planets with her powers! She didn't need any time, artifacts, or charms. All she required was life force energy for the more powerful spells. So the Imaginarium Bond for people at our level was simply a tool to house life and draw life energy. If she wasn’t betrayed trapped, no one could match her if she used the Imaginarium Bond!”

“Did your master die because of her love for the world she created in the Imaginarium Bond?”

“You could say that. But I would say no. When her enemies fought her, they always maintained a level that never required my Master to use the energy in the Imaginarium Bond. My Master's power alone could already kill them! My Master died because of her own foolishness and the mercy she bestowed on her enemies.”

Dyne kept quiet but had his disagreements with how Strafe presented her Master.

“You may think she was naïve? That she should have killed them anyway? It’s not that simple. If she did that, it would have caused more problems. It's as complicated as the political scheme here in your world. Why do you think your leaders don’t assassinate other problematic leaders of the country?”

“I guess you have a point. Alright. I think I get the gist. Because I can’t use the Imaginarium Bond as you guys can, you'll create a world using this world's awesome imagination. With worlds like the games in my memory, I have the opportunity to strengthen myself by acquiring the many artifacts, skills, and abilities in the game?”

“Correct. However, there might be some minor changes in how the world's power is formed. Take, for example, one of the game series that you played. Let's use the Breath of Fire series, specifically Breath of Fire 3 and 4, as an example. That game has characters with a variety of abilities and the use of elements. Earth, Fire, Wind, Frost, and so on. While the Imaginarium can create a world like that, you won’t be able to learn those attacks.”

“What? Why wouldn’t I be able to learn those skills?”

“Because of your limitation. You are but a normal human. Although the moment I use the Imaginarium bond's magic to step into my world, the limitation of being humans will end. The laws will change, and you can finally step into the realms of cultivation. But as of now, you do not know how to become a cultivator! And if I make a world similar to Breath of Fire 4, you’d have to study the magics there to use it! But since you don't know, you can't have those powers!"

"But won't that world teach us how to use those magics? Send me in as a baby or a young boy! I'd study it as I grow."

"Not possible. The moment I send you in, the magic that I use to speed up time in creating these worlds will end. I cannot explain it now, but I cannot do that! Besides, you are but a human! Your talent and even your bloodline towards the mastery of elements will be another factor!”

“My talent? Bloodline? What kind of a lame game is that that I can only learn the basic attacks? And why is it that you look down on me because I'm human! Human lives matter!”

“Allow me to finish! And I meant, compared to immortals, you lack a lot of traits that allow you to study magic! But suppose you find items of supreme elements in my world. In that case, you can naturally assimilate it with it and have the ability to master those elements!”

Dyne was silent and frowned.

“Wait. So I have to work hard in your world to play?”

“Yes! I’ve seen how much of a sloth you are and how addicted you became. I understand the woes of your father! Hence, I will naturally shape the worlds I will create that will require you to get some work done in my world!”

“Hmm… So it’s basically pay-to-win. Alright. But of all the games in my memories, why did you pick Breath of Fire 4? What games do you plan to create?

“I plan to create three worlds for you. Breath of Fire 4, Legend of Legaia, and Brigandine!”

Dyne was confused. There were several other games that he loved playing. Although those three were at the top of his fantasies, there were a few more he would like to have a world made out of. Suikoden 1 and 2 were among his favorites. There were also the Final Fantasy PS1 Generation games.

“What about the rest? Like Xenogears? Or Front Mission 3? Or those in the Final Fantasy series? Why single out those three games? Can’t you make a world like those games?”

“I can, but those worlds are very limited in terms of strength. The former I mentioned fits and runs parallel with my world's strength, power, and growth. The other games like those you mentioned and the likes of Digimon 1 and 2, and Megaman Legends, they cannot support you in that world! The way those worlds are designed is not suited for you to grow in strength and power.”

“Man. You’re such a cheapskate.” Dyne frowned.

“What about some in the Final Fantasy stories?”

“FF7, 8, and 9 require me to create additional planets and create a space. It will cost more since I’d have to sacrifice items to build other planets. Those games I mentioned have a single world and has powers similar to the world I am in. That’s why I didn’t mention the Wild Arms series, Grandia, Lunar, and other games. Still, I am confident that the game will be to your liking. After all, I am offering you a chance to play the most immersive game in the entire world! I know you too well by looking at your memory. While the Imaginarium Bond can even create those anime shows you used to pass your time, I offered those games because I know you love playing above everything else. By giving you the carrot as the bait, you’ll surely be forced to cultivate!”

“Hey. Just because you have read through memory doesn’t mean you know me.”

“You hated Aerith and wanted her dead because you’ve always wanted Tifa to end with Cloud! You hate the fact that Aerith takes a huge space in the heart of Cloud!” 

Dyne was stunned. He never ever admitted that. Not with all the Cloud-Aerith Shippers!

“Trust me when I say this, Dyne Valiant. The game will be entertaining. It will be the most exciting game you will ever play. And if you aren’t satisfied, here’s a little secret. If you ever reach my Master's level, you can create more worlds with the Imaginarium Bond!”

“Wait a sec... You mean... I can create more worlds?”

“If you have the right materials and can wield the same power, then Yes. If ever you reach my Master's level, you would have naturally exacted vengeance and have already saved my world! So you get to play a few games at the start, but as you grow stronger, you can unlock more games to play and even build more worlds to your liking.”

“How many games can I play immediately?”

“One."

"Just one?"

"Of the three that I mentioned, only one can help you at the start. The other two will surely lead to your death.”

“Explain.”

“I have decided to shape your world as follows... Legend of Legaia will be the first world that I will create. This is because it’s a world that can greatly help you in my own world. Those beings called the Ra-Seru can be likened to powerful sentient artifacts. If you can gain the acknowledgment of one of those Ra-Serus, you can gain a strong artifact that can help you! In fact, if you manage to awaken the same amount of Genesis Trees in the game, that artifact would be on par with the strongest artifacts in my world!”

“What do you mean by 'gain their acknowledgment?'”

“I am creating the world, and you can jump right in it! Unlike my Master or me, you have no control over that world! You can only interact with it and take things that you acquire in-game.”

“So no cheats?”

“I can give you a few advantages and cheats. But let’s talk about that later. The second game you can choose to go with is Brigandine. That world full of monsters and the ability for these Rune Knights to tame and summon monsters can be similar to the Monster taming clans in my world.”

“And the last will be the Breath of Fire series?”

“Yes. I saved this for last because the power of the gods in that story could be likened to the Dragon Clan in my world. And that clan stands as one of the most powerful clans in my world. Since you will be a mere mortal who is yet to start in the path of Cultivation, these games will help you transition from one level of strength to another. Also, it should help you complete your severing.”

“My Severing? I am already circumcised!”

The man opened his mouth but didn’t know what to say. He decided to ignore Dyne’s words.

“The cultivation world is generally divided into three phases. The first is the Mortal stage, where you cultivate to enhance your martial prowess. This stage will generally be the stage in which the game Legend of Legaia will help you cultivate. At the end of the mortal stage is the phase known as Mortal Severing Stage. In this stage, you cultivate to renew the three parts of your being. Your body, soul, and mind.”

“Alright. So basically, I undergo a complete makeover?”

“Yes. But you see, it is almost impossible to accomplish Mortal Severing unless you have the backing of a stronger clan, family or have the inheritance of the gods. That game will help you accomplish it. I don’t have time to explain everything now. Don’t forget that I am dying here. So, Warrior. No. Gamer! What say you?”

“Are there any more games?”

“None.”

“Cheapskate.”

“It’s not that I won’t, but I cannot create any more. Think. Wouldn’t I need materials and an energy source to create those games?”

“Oh. You mean you need to sacrifice something to make those worlds?”

“Yes. When our enemies betrayed us, and my Master died, I received various inheritance from the heads of the God Clans that served alongside my Master. They are all probably dead by now as they allowed me to escape. They didn’t want their inheritances to fall into the enemy, so they entrusted everything to me. The most powerful artifacts, charms, Holy fruits. Everything...”

“You’ll be using all of those to create the worlds that I will be playing?”

“Yes. And the world that I will create can match those games and, at the same time, maximize the potential of all their inheritances. That is why I said you are the perfect person to inherit the Imaginarium Bond!”

101