Chapter 7: Understanding Legaia (1)
2.6k 4 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dyne woke up on the shores of the beach. The crashing waves woke him, and he immediately began to move. He realized that his body was no longer wounded. He wore the same outfit that he had from last night.

Dyne slowly moved away from the waters and walked towards the sand. He wiped the water from his eyes. Whether it was the water from the beach or the tears in his eyes, he only knew.

“Really? You took away my gun? Where am I?” He looked around, and he could see several trees sprouting at the end of the beach, and a vast plain land with thick Mist was just beyond the beach where he was.

“That really... took a toll from me... I am about to fall asleep. You are in Legaia. Your game begins...” The voice trailed off and disappeared.

Dyne wanted to complain but knew that Strafe needed to rest.

“One year to live? And I thought I’d have this talking console forever.” Dyne frowned.

He understood that going by the words that Strafe made right before he made this world, he would still die within a year.

“I have to go!” Dyne immediately began to move.

“Wait! Where are the items?” Dyne cursed. He then checked on his pockets and clothes and realized that the three items were not with him.

“Oh, right... It will be left to a person fated to have it.” Dyne recalled and began to move. He remembered that fate's workings would be shaped so that someone nearby would have the items that Dyne needs.

As he marched further, he noticed a thick mist in the distance.

“Right. The winds of the ocean blow against the Mist...” Dyne realized why he was brought here as a starting point.

“This means... that that fated person to have those three items should be around.” Dyne immediately began to look around. He moved closer to the jungle but was wary of the Mist.

“I need to get out of here before it gets dark! It looks like it's about eight in the morning.” Dyne concluded.

He moved forward and noticed that there was a dead body on the ground. The dead man wore a red cap and a purple vest, which strangely familiar to Dyne.

“Is this a merchant?” Dyne wondered.

It was then he recalled a particular named-character in Legend of Legaia. Lezam.

“Is this Lezam? Shouldn’t he be alive?” Dune pondered for a bit but immediately ransacked the man's body.

The first thing he found was a strange key. It had a strange symbol that looked like a drop of water.

“The Water Key!” Dyne cried excitedly.

He then proceeded to check the other items around the man and found a golden compass.

“Obviously, this is the golden compass. But how does it work?” Dyne frowned as he gave the compass a few squeezes.

“Ah... I'll figure this out later. Come on, Chicken King!” Dyne prayed for the item to appear. And checked on the other pocket but found only a strange purple card.

“Wonder what this purple card is for? Could it be for gold like in those cultivation stories I’ve read? Wait! Where’s the Chicken King?”

Dyne almost fell to dismay but then realized something. He checked on the man's neck, and sure enough, there was a necklace attached to him with the symbol of a rooster with a crown.

“Chicken King?” Dyne guessed.

“Well... At least I have the items.” Dyne smiled.

“Now, to get to Rim Elm.” Dyne glanced up and looked around. He noticed that there was a mountain that blocked his view on both sides of the beach.

“Wait... I know this...” Dyne realized that his knowledge and memory about Legend of Legaia was very clear. He could even recall the world map of the Drake Continent.

“Two mountains by the beach. A merchant that has an outfit like Lezam. If this is Lezam, then I must be somewhere between the Hunter Spring and Rim Elm!” Dyne recalled in his memories.

“Alright. Dyne calms down...” Dyne said to himself and took out the Golden compass and kept holding on to it. His other hand grasped on the Chicken King, which he wore on his neck.

It was then that strange energy moved around him. A sense of understanding also surfaced.

“Alright. Then it's that easy to activate? I just need to hold it and put my mind to it. But what of this card?” Dyne wondered.

One of the things he couldn’t understand was why this man didn’t have anything else on his body. As a merchant, he should at least have some gold in him.

Dyne quickly took out the purple card and glanced into it. Using the experience with the Chicken King and the Golden Compass, Dyne also tried to send his thoughts into the card.

His mind shook as he felt a slight jolt that came from the card.

“10,231?” Dyne was confused. Those digits somehow came to mind. And it wasn’t like a random thought but something very vivid and clear.

“Is this the gold in-game?” Dyne wondered. He thought of something, and suddenly, a few coins appeared on his hands. It was precisely the same amount of coins that he wanted to appear.

“I see. So that’s how it works.” Dyne nodded his head in satisfaction.

“This must be how our characters bring their money out. But what about items? Where do they keep their inventory?” Dyne searched the dead man's body and concluded that he had no other items apart from his clothes.

“Oh well. Since he's dead, he must have used up any healing items if he had any.” Dyne then glanced at the southern mountain and began to move in haste.

The windy breeze continued to blow and prevented the Mist from approaching.

Dyne then began to recount into his mind everything about Legaia. He knew the game well, but he decided that he had to go over his memory and study it carefully to understand what this world was. While most people only would play the game, Dyne had a more profound knowledge of the game's lore. He even understood the backstory of the game.  As he immersed himself, he realized that Strafe did something to his memories wherein the details just emerged more vividly than he used to remember.

Legaia is a world that was created by a god named Tieg. Tieg divided himself into two different beings and placed them into two separate dimensions that wouldn’t interact.

The first realm was the realm of humans. This was the world of Legaia. And the other was the realm of the beings that were called the Seru. The Seru lived in their own dimension, which was Seru-Kai. Among the Seru, Tieg created a stronger and more powerful being to govern the rest of their kinds. These were the Ra-Seru. 

Yet Tieg had long known that the two separate worlds would somehow interact one day, and Tieg had created ten Genesis trees in the human world, Legaia. Each would contain a slumbering Ra-Seru. These were so they would awaken in the future and aid mankind in an approaching calamity that would threaten to wipe it out.

The calamity began when most of the powerful Ra-Seru, Rogue, rebelled against Tieg. It sought to aid and attempted to get to the human world, for it knew that if it could merge with another human, it’s powered would drastically increase. And so, in his wild ambition, the mightiest Angel of Tieg, rebelled against his creator. He breached the world of Seru-kai to get to the world of Legaia. But before he could complete his goal, Rogue was defeated and banished by Tieg into another dimension where it would be unable to reach Seru-kai or Legaia. 

As for Legaia, the appearance of the Seru had already happened and could not be stopped.

The Seru were rock-like creatures with tremendous powers. Alone, they maintained a solid form. But since Tieg was a being who divided himself into Seru and Human, the two entities' combined powers would drastically amplify each other. 

The Seru remains their rock-like form but can change forms when attached to a human being. When the two are combined, it allows the Seru to reveal more power than it can, and the human can harness the power of the Seru to do incredible things.

Through the power of the Seru, an average human can lift large boulders on his own. It could even give humans the ability to fly. When merged with a human, the Seru allows them to reveal their special skills. Some Serus that would be as large as a baby could even transform into a massive creature that is as big as a bus!

As for the Ra-Seru, no other human had ever worn them until the beginning of the game. At least, not to anyone's knowledge.

"?" Dyne wondered as a strange sentence was added to his memories.

"That memory strangely implies that someone already did! But who?" Dyne shook his head and went back to his memories.

The humans befriended the Serus and eventually developed a relational bond with it. The Seru reproduced more. Soon, the humans of Legaia used Seru's power to fight back and defeat the monster armies that threatened to kill them.

“Wait... Monster army?” Dyne realized something as he continued to recall the story of Legend of Legaia.  There were no mentions of monster armies in Legend of Legaia.

“Is this Strafe’s work?” Dyne continued to think and look into his memory of the game pertaining to monsters. The term ‘monster army’ was something new for him.

78