Chapter 27: Soul Training (1)
869 5 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Tetsu was hesitant at first, but seeing the two monsters' calm look that lingered around, he sighed and followed suit.

The Mist was a constant soul-affecting substance that would reflect the change of emotions among those exposed. But in reality, it was more than that.

Those who were untrained in the ways of Soul cultivation would be unable to guard against prolonged exposure to the Mist and would go mad. This was what Dyne and Tetsu were guarding against.

Tetsu still had to find a way to perceive the soul. He used the experience of being baptized into the soul powers and the sensation of being cleansed by the Genesis Tree as a guide. Right now, the exact opposite was happening. And through that, Tetsu tried to feel and see the soul and resist the effects of the Mist.

As for Dyne, his process of training and sensing the conflicting effects of the Mist and his soul became more evident. He could see how the Mist had strange white energy invading his body. Thanks to the painful experience that he suffered from earlier that day, Dyne could now somehow 'see' the paths and places where his soul went into.

At that moment, he could even sense the various energies in his body.

“Hmm? Is this what those cultivation freaks called the Dantian?” Dyne had a strange way of seeing the things around his body. It went beyond the four dimensions as if he could see the various spiritual chambers of his body. 

He also could feel his Soul and see it rejecting the various invading attacks caused by the Mist.

“Body, Mind, and Spirit,” Dyne muttered softly. He could now see his entire body in this strange vision that he had. His whole physical body came to view, and then he could also see the chambers which held peculiar energy. And finally, he could see his soul.

His body and the mind energy all existed in the physical dimension. But his soul rested on another dimension. Dyne could see and observe the different parts of this almost simultaneously. He couldn’t understand his vision, but he could see several places of his body simultaneously.

“Is this my Mana?” Dyne took a closer look at the energy in his body, categorized as the Mind energy. Dyne knew that in Legend of Legaia, the character's mana could be used to summon Serus to make magic attacks.

“So, does this mean I can do magic?” Dyne frowned. He could not help but notice that his energy was very small, and he didn’t know how to release it.

“If you have a Ra-Seru, it would be easier to train on using that energy,” Strafe spoke, noticing Dyne's actions. Through Dyne's actions, Strafe could somehow guess what Dyne was thinking.

“You could read my thoughts?” Dyne was stunned.

Strafe laughed and wanted to impress Dyne.

“Yes, of course. I am bonded with you through the Imaginarium bond.” Strafe laughed.

Dyne frowned.

“Alright... Since you’re a guy... I’ll ask away. What are you going to do when I need to erm... you know... think of girls?”

“What the fragment?!” Strafe cursed at the unusual question.

“I mean... I mean... Not that I’m a pervert or anything... it’s just... I can’t- I can’t, I can’t promise to not- not touch it with my hands. I’m ten years old, and I’m about to enter puberty. Whatcha going to do when the day comes? Let's be real right here, right now. We gotta set the boundaries!”

“You’re a Cultivator! And a Soul Cultivator at that!” Strafe cursed angrily.

“So you’re telling me... That cultivators don’t go through that phase? They don’t accidentally cultivate the Iron Blood Spear Technique when they are around girls? And are you sure they don’t polish that Iron Blood Spear?” Dyne challenged.

“Forget it! I lied! I can’t read your mind! I could see the slight trembling on your Dantian and knew you were finally trying to command it! I can’t read your mind, so you don’t have to worry about me finding out!” Strafe shouted.

“Geez, man! Don’t be such a baby. I’m just keeping it real. But since we already brought it up. I don’t know if you still have those urges as a Spirit. But as for me in my physical body, let’s make a code. If I say, ‘it’s time to call Jack,’ you better make sure that you’re not looking at me or observing me in any way-”

“Enough!” Strafe shouted so loud that it caused Dyne to tremble.

Dyne ignored Strafe.

“And I thought he could relate! I mean, what if I got a woman as my spirit thingy? She’d kill me if I fall into that temptation and give in!” Dyne shook his head and focused on his Dantian.

“Alright... Time to go back to Soul training.” Dyne began to meditate.

He ignored his body and mind and even his Dantian and focused on his Soul.

“I need to find a way to repel the soul attacks of the Mist.” Dyne then began to gather his soul and do a forceful push similar to the Biron Palm Technique that he showed Tetsu. It was, in fact, the easiest way of controlling the soul force.

He tried creating a forceful push at the Mist energy that was invading his soul, but nothing happened.

He tried to gather a powerful soul around him and caused it to exploded out.

THUD!

A wave of energy pushed the meditating Tetsu, who was beside Dyne, and he stumbled to the side.

Tetsu was completely defenseless, and when the explosive force pushed him, he crashed on to the ground and bit on the grass.

“SPPFFT!” Tetsu spat out the grass in his mouth. The Mist's effects caused his emotions to burst in anger, and he almost smacked Dyne to the side.

“Oh, So-sorry Master Tetsu. I was erm... Trying to push the Mist away. As you can see, I had some developments.” Dyne laughed with an embarrassed expression.

Tetsu contained his rising anger, but he considered that what Dyne did was frankly miraculous.

“It seems my Soul force could now create physical manifestation. I was trying to do that and push the Mist away so I can walk in the Mist and yet not be affected by it.” Dyne explained with a serious and sage-like expression.

Tetsu was stunned and realized the amazing possibilities if that were to be true.

“I see. It seems that I am a long way from Enlightenment.” Tetsu replied and tried to hide his bitter and envious expression.

“But you now know the Path, Master.” Dyne glanced meaningfully at Tetsu and went back to cultivating.

Tetsu kept Dyne’s words in mind and reminded himself that his anger is because of the Mist, and he lacked training. Tetsu once more fell into meditation.

He began to contrast his emotions once more and tried to strengthen the emotions at the core of his heart. Tetsu recalled and even recited the chants and mantras of the Biron teaching.

Dyne, on the other hand, continued to find ways to repel the Mist.

Back when he was trying to cut a part of the Soul of the Gimard, it only involved the necessary motions that humans could do. He imagined his soul becoming an arm that pulled the soul and imagined another part of becoming a cutting palm that slashed the soul away.

But now, he had to create some kind of force field, and he couldn’t channel and imagine it.

Another issue was that unlike the Gimard’s soul, which was a Soul in itself, the presence around him was a Soul Attack. It was not an existence that would take space and is independent, but it was a substance that affects and seeps into Dyne's soul. So even if Dyne tried to push it like before forcibly, it would continue to seep into his soul.

“What do I do? If the Ra-Seru can do it, I should be able to do the basics, right?” Dyne frowned.

In the game, the Ra-Seru was able to ward off the effects of the Mist. Even a Ra-Seru Egg could do that.

“Is it the properties of the Ra-Seru? But what is it?” Dyne pondered and looked through his memories of the Ra-Seru.

He then turned his memory to the game. He recalled that when the original heroes awaken a Genesis tree, there were strong emotions involved. The feelings of each were; a pure joy for Gala, quiet power for Noa, and a gentle warmth for Vahn. With the help of the memories that Strafe allowed him to access easily, Dyne began to ponder what to do.

“Vahn’s warmth has always been due to his courage," Dyne recalled.

"That was Vahn's warmth. This even allowed Mei to sense it even when Juggernaut was possessing her on the last mission of the game. Noa’s silent power must have been her constant care, concern, and compassion, which was always evident based on her personality. As for Gala, it must have been his inner joy. Although he was a Monk, he was very good at Standup comedy. Is it tied to our emotions?” Dyne then tried to summon his emotions.

What were his emotions? What would be the source of power?

Then he recalled the expressions of the people in the previous world that Strafe had. He could not help but tremble at the words they gave out, sincerely wishing Dyne to enjoy his game.

At that moment, the Mist's power somehow vanished as Dyne’s heart gave off a strange pulse.

It was for a moment, but Dyne knew he successfully repelled the Mist for a split second.

Am I the only guy who thought of what guy cultivators go through when they have this god-tiered master dude hanging around them like in Coiling Dragon, BTTH, and so on? I mean... do they ignore their urges their entire life?

37