Chapter 38: Another Gobu Gobu
629 4 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Slimey was far stronger than an average Slime. It held on to the Gobu Gobu’s hands and feet, and because Dyne had inflicted a powerful blow on its jaws, it was actually dying.

But Dyne had revealed several healing leaves which they had acquired along the way. The healing leaves were the most common items that could heal. Dyne had been experimenting on them even while on the village, and he was astounded at the healing abilities of this simple leaf. 

Sadly, the healing leaves of the village were very limited. Though they managed to grow over a dozen plants on the limited and crowded place inside the village, the hunters' consumption was just too great.

And so, although the Hunters offered several to Dyne, Dyne rejected them and reminded them that Bertugo could steal. Although Bertugo could only steal four times, a sip from the Hunter Springs' water allowed him to gain enough MP to steal again. Apart from the items they could steal, Dyne managed to pick up two healing leaves and three antidotes from the Green Slimes and Evil Flies that they killed.

All in all, Dyne had thirteen healing leaves and four antidotes from the enemies they killed. Now, they finally had a Healing Flower.

The Gobu Gobu couldn’t answer as it looked with a groggy expression.

Dyne frowned and tore a piece of the healing leaf and fed it directly to the Gobu Gobu.

The Gobu Gobu’s neck's torn muscles began to heal as the Gobu Gobu’s consciousness began to grow clearer and clearer.

“Woah. These healing leaves are amazing!” Dyne was surprised.

“Submit, or die! Oh, right! Sugak kogak ogak pagak taygak!” Dyne shouted.

The Gobu Gobu was stunned to see Dyne speak their language.

“Bertugo!” Dyne called out.

Bertugo held the core of the Slime with his left hand as he slowly approached the Gobu Gobu.

The Slime he carried was only less than half of what its original size was. Bertugo had been using the Slime that was dripping off to wash away the clay on his body and revealed the green color of his skin.

It was then that Dyne noticed it and was amazed.

“Wait a minute! The slime of Slimey can be used to clean?! What have been these Hunter’s doing?! That’s amazing!” Dyne was amazed as the Slime was able to remove the thick layers of clay that Dyne made so that they could travel for a long time and have that makeup on. But it was easily removed by the Slime and was more potent than any other makeup remover.

Bertugo approached the Gobu Gobu and began talking. Dyne listened as the two conversed.

Brod Vachileese was the name of the Gobu Gobu. Dyne could only shake his head. He even asked Strafe to spell out Vachileese to Strafe, and Strafe did so.

“What kind of naming schemes were you trying?!”

“It’s not me! I just gave the first names of the world, and they decided it. I’m honestly impressed that they have such family names.”

“Why do they have surnames in the first place?”

“I liked the naming schemes of your world and adapted it.”

“You really adapted a lot! You even talk like us now!”

“Yeah. To you, it was just a couple of seconds, but to me, it was thousands of years. So I had a lot of time to go over your memory.”

“So... that means... you also saw those ungodly sites of animated women that I watched?”

“...”

“We really need to make a keyword. As I said, if I say, I’m calling Jack, you better make sure to get your eyes closed.”

“...” 

Dyne went back and glanced at the Gobu Gobu and Bertugo, who continued to talk.

The Gobu Gobu was surprised to learn that the Gomboo was actually serving the human!

With the Gobu Gobu’s recovery, he could tell that the Slime holding him is stronger than his own Slime!

The Slime in the hands of Bertugo trembled non-stop.

“Bertugo... Tell him that I can find a way to make him a Gomboo.” Dyne smiled.

Bertugo was stunned. And he immediately nodded.

The words that Bertugo spoke caused Brod to stop in shock. It was as if the idea petrified him.

Almost immediately, his eyes changed as he looked at Bertugo with a different expression.

Bertugo and Dyne began to have a meeting. They made sure that Brod could hear them as they continued to talk.

Brod was startled as he heard the schemes of the two.

The group was asking him to betray his tribe. Dyne promised to give Brod has the ability to transform into a Gomboo and even offer him the chance to become a High Gomboo. But once Dyne helps him become the new leader, he must lead his tribe to help Dyne.

At first, Brod couldn’t believe it. But then Bertugo interrupted and said that he was a mere Gobu Gobu a week ago. And building upon the series of shock, Bertugo exaggerated Dyne’s exploits and told Brod how Dyne managed to kill a trio of Gobu Gobu led by Paloon Vachileese.

The name shocked the Brod.

Dyne was confused as he heard the name Paloon. He had killed three Gobu Gobu with Bertugo’s help. But he didn’t know that this Paloon was someone strong.

Brod was silent. Paloon’s disappearance enraged the current Gomboo, who was Paloon’s father, and they were all after the killer. Who would have thought that the killer would be a mere boy!

“I wonder if he’ll join...” Dyne pondered.

Bertugo glanced at Dyne and nodded.

“Yes... Brod. Join.”

“Wow! You really learned a lot from the Hunters!” Dyne praised.

Bertugo laughed and was scratching his head with an embarrassed expression.

This scene made Brod even more shocked. How was it that a revered Gomboo acted so tame in front of a human?

Bertugo noticed it and snorted the Gobu Gobu.

It was then that Bertugo further explained that the Slime was under Dyne’s control and that he is currently the leader of Rim Elm.

“Sugak kogak nagak Brod! Rim Elm atgak trigak bogak mogak kagak sagak magak!” Dyne decided to interrupt the talk and urge Brod once more.

Brod was silent this time. He glanced at the Gomboo. Was it possible?

Dyne threw the remaining pieces of the healing leaves to Brod as the Slime had released his arms.

Brod immediately caught the healing leaf and began to eat it.

It was then that Dyne revealed his card and released 300 gold coins, which he tossed over towards the Brod.

“Hagak tigak kaygak Brod. Hagak Tigak Slime.” Dyne explained.

The Gobu Gobo’s eyes grew red with great anticipation. It was extremely hard to get this much. Gobu Gobus all hunted and would give their spoils towards their tribe leader. But this man threw life energy that was worth as much as killing five Gobu Gobus! In fact, if he ate all of the condensed life energy, he would have nearly ten worth of Gobu Gobu’s and would achieve a level up!

However, after noticing seeing the strict expression of Bertugo, Brod immediately complied and gave half to the Slime.

Dyne tossed another healing leaf towards the Slime, which absorbed it and recovered most of his body.

The pair continued to absorb the energy. Dyne, however, wondered why it was difficult for Gobu Gobu’s to level up.

In theory, they should have easily reached the max level. But somehow, it was difficult for these monsters to reach their caps.

Dyne waited and decided that it would be important for Bertugo and this Brod to learn their language so it would be easier to communicate with the hunters.

After completing the absorption process, a grateful look appeared on Brod’s face.

Dyne nodded and decided to set up camp since it was already getting late.

Dyne decided that they had traveled far enough and decided to set up camp. Dyne pulled out the small handmade tent he asked the villagers to make. Slimey carried it with ease as they traveled, and soon, the group relaxed near the river. They were able to hunt several deer earlier that day, and with his experience as a soldier who got sent to different parts of the world, his survival skills were excellent.

They immediately prepared to cook the deer, and as the cooking began, the strange methods made Brod’s mouth drool.

As for Bertugo, he already had eaten this meat as the Hunters offered it to him. Dyne later explained how precious the food was, and Bertugo vowed to do his best to make up for the villagers' food.

Bertugo began to tell Brod of the fantastic life in Rim Elm. Brod listened and grew more and more amazed. There were no strict quotas, no harsh treatment, and Brod could tell that Bertugo truly enjoyed his life in Rim Elm.

Bertugo had even memorized the names of the hunters with whom he trained with.

Dyne couldn’t help but smile as he looked at this. 

“This is good! If I get more Gobu Gobus, I can make them hunt with the hunters! But what should I do? I need to hide them when Zeto finally attacks Rim Elm...” Dyne’s expression grew complicated.

See you next week fellows! But then again, you could devour all 100+ chapters in my patreon! I update the chapters there at least 4 times a week but usually do 5. If you haven't yet, check out my first story, New Game+ (Now a contracted story in Webnovel with over 280 chapters)
Leave a review if you haven't yet. Thanks guys!

21