Chapter 50: Dyne’s Return
471 2 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everyone was immediately excited. All the Hunters stopped what they were doing.

The various Slimes that had some chores even stopped. The Gobu Gobu all moved towards the entrance of the village. As the gates were opened, everyone was stunned.

Dyne now had two Gomboo’s tailing him and two green Slimes.

The Gobu Gobu were amazed at the sight of two Gomboos. Their villages only had one Gomboo. It was so difficult to make another, and yet, Dyne already had two with him.

“Dyne! You’re back! One of the hunters laughed.

The Elder walked out and smiled.

“Sorry, it took a long time. I was busy with a lot of stuff.” Dyne then ordered his Slimes to spit out the jars of water.

“Drake Water.” Dyne smiled.

“Drake Water?!” Many of the villagers shouted in surprise.

Vahn was also startled. He gave a quick glance at his father.

His father looked back at him and gave Vahn a quiet pat on the back.

The Gomboos turned and looked at the Gobu Gobu.

“Luffgang!” Brod suddenly cried in delight.

“Bertugo?!” The Gobu Gobu was also stunned.

Brod was laughing as he moved towards the Luffgang and gave him a big hug.

“It looks like these guys have a lot to catch up!” Dyne laughed.

Tetsu then appeared.

“Did you find it?” He asked.

Dyne motioned, and the Slimes began to spit out the many items that Brod and Bertugo had stolen.

Dyne had sought proper containers to put in the strange power elixir and found a small chest that allowed him to fit it all in.

“Power Elixirs! In its raw form! Amazing! Some of these could make two bottles!” Tetsu was stunned.

“What? You have to process this?” Dyne was shocked.

“Yes! It's very tedious, but luckily we have a merchant here!” Tetsu laughed.

“Yui! It looks like your shop will now have a proper product!” Dyne turned and looked to the woman who was called Yui. But he was surprised. No longer was this large house empty. But weapons and armors were on display outside.

“What the?!” Dyne was stunned.

“This month, we killed quite a lot of monsters along the way. We even had a skirmish with some Gobu Gobu. They seemed to have noticed that we were hunting them, and they started attacking us. But it was all good. Vahn was joining us around a week ago, and he’s a killing machine in the field!” Juno began to explain.

“With the hunts now targeting monsters, the shop had reopened.”

“It’s been a while since I had to meld items! If you could gather the Lifeblood of monsters, I can craft weapons out of them!”

“Weapons?” Dyne was confused.

“Strafe, you gotta explain this to me! I’m looking like an idiot in front of my friends!” Dyne was smiling and tried to hide his confusion but immediately sent a soul message to Strafe.

“Lifeblood. That’s what the monster has. It is what makes them strong, and that’s why monsters devour it when they kill another to become stronger. This is also the gold you've been collecting. Humans have learned how to craft weapons out of it. Think. In this post-apocalyptic world, why is gold still important? Shouldn’t Vahn in the game trade it for something else? Gold here is used to make items. That’s how the weapons that Vahn’s trio have are not easily destroyed. They are crafted using the Lifeblood of monsters.” Strafe explained.

“Wait! Yui!” Dyne suddenly called out.

“Can you craft weapons that I design?”

Yui was startled at this question.

“Me and my husband has been weapon-smiths at Drake Castle and decided to move here for a quieter life. But sadly, our training is limited. We can only craft simple items and cannot purge stronger weapons that you might be using in Sol.” Yui explained.

“No. Arrowheads! I just need arrowheads! Instead of wooden tipped arrows, could you craft some with the metal from the gold?” Dyne asked excitedly.

“That’s easy! Five gold could make one arrow!” The husband emerged from the crowd.

“Farlay. You look different!” Dyne was stunned.

He had noticed this man and had already known his name at the time he was here. This man seemed quiet and often would gaze up the sky. But now, he looked very well-built and was breaming with passion.

“Ha Ha! I’ve been crafting and making weapons non-stop this past month,” Farlay explained.

“Nice. Could you craft me a weapon and arrowheads? I’ll also ask the Hunters if they could get more wood. Oh.” it was then Dyne noticed that there were more logs of wood.

“Three Slimes can carry one. Brilliant, right? Every time was out, as long as the Gimards are not around, no monster has dared to attack since.” Esto explained.

“We were able to send more men out and continued to expand our little village.”

“Amazing!” Dyne was amazed. They really made a lot of creative uses for the Slimes.

“You know... I think there should be a Slime Nest somewhere in between Hunter’s Spring and Drake Castle.

“A Slime nest?! You know where the Slime King lives?” Elder Mura was shocked and demanded excitedly. He was seated on a Slime of his own and even used it to rush towards Dyne.

“Wha-what? A Slime King?!” The Slime, which Val was on, moved forward as if it could tell Val’s emotion.

“What happened?” Dyne was confused. He could tell that Val had actually tamed this Slime!

“Oh? A Willing Tribute. How interesting.” Strafe was surprised.

“What’s a willing tribute?”

“That’s how Slimes can easily become partners with other Monsters. Didn’t Number 1 and 2 did the same thing to you?”

“What about the Monster Contract you mentioned?”

“A monster contract is a contract between two monsters to help each other out and not harm each other. Slimes allow Gobu Gobu to do it since they would have a chance at evolving. But only monsters blessed with gods in this world can make contracts. You’ve already guessed it. Those with the War God’s blessings in Sebucus Islands can also do the same thing.”

“Oh. So it’s not taming? Then a Willing Tribute is a monster allowing itself to be tamed?”

“Yes. Slime’s can’t do that to Gobu Gobu as they don’t have soul. Of course, they could do that with your monsters as they have souls.”

Dyne nodded in understanding.

He was surprised to see various Hunters with Slimes moving under them.

“A Slime King! Imagine if I had one of those!” Val laughed.

Dyne was disturbed by Val’s queer expression. But apart from Val, he noticed the Elder and several others wearing the same passionate gaze.

“Erm... What’s a Slime king?” Dyne asked his Slimes. But it was Val who answered him.

“Slime King’s are huge! It can be as huge as a house itself! For a long time, we’ve known about them because there have been sightings of them. When that appears, not even ten Gimard’s can kill it. It rarely hunts, and thankfully, it hunts Gimards. Rei and Esto were able to see it by chance once.”

“We saw it north of Hunter Springs. We were being chased by Gimards as the Mist came too early. Luckily, that Slime emerged, and a battle occurred. But the Gimards couldn’t do anything with the large watery body of the Slime! But we never know where they nest.”

“The Slime King is believed to be the first Slime in this place. Think about it! Slimes are the weakest here. Evil Flys multiply too quickly. Before the Mist we’ve had to exterminate them. Otherwise, we’d have an Evil Fly Plague!”

“Evil Fly Plague?!” Dyne could imagine a locust plague-level full of those ginormous Evil Flys.

“It’s a good thing that the Serus and the Gimards hunt them as a food source!”

“The Slimes, however, are weak. But the reason why they don’t run out is because of the Slime King. He is somewhere in this area and has been reproducing. If it were a month ago, we would have avoided him... But now...” Juno laughed.

Slimes were now slowly being integrated into the life of Hunters.

“You brought back quite an interesting life. Gobu Gobus have also started to become more comfortable. Most of the villages could speak some Gobu Gobu language too. With this Power Elixirs training, the Hunters will now be possible!” Tetsu explained.

Suddenly a blurring figure moved towards Dyne. It was a young boy with blue hair, and he began to send a powerful punch towards Dyne.

Dyne smiled as he saw Vahn rush towards him.

Dyne then revealed his growth.

As Vahn’s punch was about to reach, Dyne extended his hands and created an eruption of force.

BANG!

Vahn continued to attack and sent a low kick towards Dyne’s foot.

Dyne raised his feet a little, and another eruption of Spirit negated Vahn’s attack.

Vahn continued to attack with several blows. All in all, Vahn made five spirit attacks!

“Woah! Vahn! What an improvement!” Dyne was happy.

“Speak for yourself, you monster! How could you block all those?!” Vahn would block by raising both hands and use them as shields. But Dyne’s palms, legs, and even his shoulder could emit the Spirit blocking technique.

“It’s a little something I learned. But basically, my control over Spirit energy greatly surpasses yours that I can easily redirect it. I didn’t block it, but I dispersed your Spirit.” Dyne easily explained.

Strafe was watching and was amazed.

“So that's what he was training! When he kept rotating the Power Elixir energy in his monsters, he was practicing how to control Spirit properly!”

See you next week! Dyne's back and some errands are due. There are still over 70 chapters more in my Patreon! Check it out!

You should also check out my now-contracted work at webnovel here! New Game+ has reached over 300 chapters! And that's a personal milestone as my habit is to only read web novels/light novels that are over 300 chapters long so I can binge it. Truthfully, I admire you guys who can read stories with less than 50 chapters.

Don't forget to leave a review of what you think of the story so far. I guess 50 chapters should be enough for you guys to have an idea of what the feel of Nostalgic Gamer is.

22