Chapter 53: Plans for the Village
469 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The group gathered and waited for Dyne to speak. The village meeting was now more vibrant and casual. They were joking around and even began to tease the growing romance between Vahn and Mei. Vahn was too young to understand and remained silent. Juno, however, was asserting Val to consider the two to become future couples.

“Why not, young Master Dyne?” Val offered.

“I’ll pass. My dad already betrothed me to someone else. I can’t carelessly take someone until I’m sure she’s alive.” Dyne laughed.

“Oh? Then we must hurry and free the Mist!” Val laughed.

“Alright. So I have something to say... On my way back here, I created a small bridge that connects us to the other side of the river.” Dyne explained.

“WHAT!?” Juno and many others shouted.

“You made a bridge?”

“I used long ropes to make a rope bridge. I was on the other side and crossed to get here. Right now, the bridge is being guarded by Number 1. Number 1 told me that the bridge still stands.” Dyne explained.

“Number 1 is Slimey? Could you... change his name to something more unique?” Esto asked respectfully.

“Hm?”

“I mean... Slimes have feelings too. Imagine being called Number 1.” Esto also added.

“Err... Fine... Number 1 will be Calamity, and Number 2 will be a Catastrophe. Calamity and Catastrophe. The terrors of the Seru!” Dyne exclaimed.

“THAT IS THE MOST AWESOME NAME!” Ixis exclaimed.

“Anyway, I plan to have Tetsu and Vahn accompany me to go to Biron Monastery. The village isn’t in danger at the moment, and this trip will be very helpful for them. Tetsu and Vahn need to gain more experiences outside. And I need Tetsu to talk to the head Monk of Biron. With what we need to tell them, only a Biron Monk should tell them.” Dyne explained.

“Bertugo and Brod are here, so I don’t think any Gobu Gobu on this part of the world will dare fight the village. Two Gomboo would scare them. Not to mention, Bertugo and Brod know how to do Spirit.” Dyne laughed.

“WHAT?!” The Hunters exclaimed once more.

“Oh yeah. I forgot to tell you guys. Bertugo and Brod aren’t like normal Gobu Gobu. They have a soul. When I awoke the Genesis Tree, Lord Rem had gifted souls on Bertugo and Calamity. As for Brod and Catastrophe, I bestowed Souls on them through a visual technique that Rem gave me. It was sort of how I did yesterday’s miracle as well.” Dyne explained.

“Wow! A Gomboo with soul attacks!” Ipkus shuddered at the thought.

“A single punch from them will kill any monster in this region immediately.” Dyne laughed.

“With them guarding, we won’t fear even if the Gimards attack. But, I want to ask you guys to refrain from nabbing more Gobu Gobu or Slimes.”

“Why so?” The Elder asked. Behind him was a large board full of detailed plans on how to expand the village.

“Because the enemy assumes that we are barely surviving. What happens if they see that we have a small monster army? Remember, our enemies are humans!” Dyne waved his hands in exaggeration.

“Think about what will happen if they see us? They’ll send an army to kill us!”

“Then what do you suggest?” Tetsu asked.

“Our expansions must be done in secret. What we do know is that the Genesis Tree can push the Mist back. We use that as an ace. When the enemy attacks us, we feign weakness and hopelessness and make it look like the Genesis Tree wakes up by some sheer miracle.” Dyne explained.

He knew that this would be what would really happen in the game. The enemy Zetsu will appear and destroy the wall and send the terrors of Gimards inside. After seeing that victory was at hand, Zetsu escapes presumably to deal with another Genesis Tree. Vahn saves the village by awakening the Genesis Tree. Dyne wanted to use this apparent weakness unchanged least the game would be more challenging.

Everyone was silent.

“But how can we awaken the Genesis Tree?”

“Rem told me that it would wake up one day. What we need now is an atmosphere of joy, love, and peace. And of course, we have to keep praying for the Genesis Tree to awaken the Ra-Seru.” Dyne finally revealed the Ra-Seru.

“Ra-Seru?” The Elder grew interested at this term.

“Seru’s are Soul monsters, but they don’t have a mind of its own. Monsters like Bertugo have a Mind but no soul. Of course, for Bertugo, he was gifted with a soul. We humans have a mind, body, and soul. That is why a Seru can commune with us but not a monster. Ra-Seru has a soul and a mind. Basically, they can think for themselves and are not affected by the Mist. Serus are mindless creatures, and that's why they are affected by the Mist when exposed to it. The Ra-Serus are the leaders of the Seru world. And every Genesis Tree has a Ra-Seru.” Dyne explained.

“A Ra-Seru is not affected by the Mist?” Val asked.

“Yes. They are impervious to the Mist. I guess because they can think. Oh, and it looks like Ginger developed something like that as well. By some sheer luck.” Dyne explained.

“What? You mean Ginger is no longer affected by the Mist?”

“Well, if he grows, he may be able to endure it and probably stay in the Mist for some time before becoming crazy.” Dyne laughed. But in his head, he was thinking of a lie to make the others believe how Ginger could think. It was then a brilliant idea entered his mind.

“It’s like this... When I was enlightened and learned of Lord Biron’s secret art, which he gave to me, I found a way to bestow a portion of my soul. And this gave Ginger the ability to think. It’s very complex, and I don’t think anyone else could do this...” Dyne laughed as he explained.

“As expected of young Master Dyne. Another miracle! We will soon have Serus that are impervious to the Mist!” Juno laughed.

“Anyway, I hope you guys will try to be more discreet for now. Don’t add any more monsters or try to make noticeable improvements to this village. I will take Tetsu and Vahn and will probably be gone for some time. Calamity’s clone will be here. Another clone of Calamity is on the other side to communicate with them and keep you guys updated with what’s going on. Juno, I know that you want to see your wife, but it’s too risky if I take more. With Tetsu and Vahn, I can use Chicken King to travel safely.”

Juno nodded.

“I waited for seven years. A little few months compared to this.”

“Alright. What you guys should focus on is getting stronger. Tetsu, I trust that their knowledge of Spirit has grown?”

“Yes. Some of the Hunters have grasped the foundation. But I suggest we leave within three days. In the next three days, do what you did and make that strange power you created. It will greatly help the Hunters. We can also train the hunters to understand the basics so that when we leave, they can train on their own.”

Dyne nodded.

“Alright. I will leave the Power Elixirs here for you guys to study. Bertugo and Brod can go to Drake Castle once a month to acquire more elixirs and gather more Drake Water. Bertugo, Brod. Steal Incense from Skeletons and use it to get inside. Don’t kill the Drake Ghost, but steal the Elixirs from them. That way, you guys can get more Power Elixirs on your next trips. Bring Catastrophe with you to get more Drake Water and Power Elixirs. I’ll leave the keys to you guys so you can travel in and out of that place.”

Bertugo and Brod nodded.

“Lastly... It’s kind of hard to explain, but Rem will also be sending me somewhere far, far away after next month. I’m not sure how often I can get back here. I don’t know where Rem will take me. But he says it's another world...” Dyne gave a hesitant explanation to this.

The group was silent.

“Rem is bestowing to you a greater mission?”

Dyne nodded.

“He plans to bring me to the place of the gods where I can train and get stronger. The threat of this world is too much...” Dyne explained.

“We will support you in whatever ways we can,” Tetsu vowed.

“I know you will, guys...” Dyne smiled.

“Also... I found some gold in the castle. Use it to outfit everyone. Farlay, I also found some blueprints of the weapons they used there. Perhaps you can use it.” Dyne then revealed a few parchments, which he kept, and brought out all the cards in the castle rooms.

“These cards have gold, while the rest are empty. But I think we can give this to the hunters so they can carry the gold.” Dyne smiled.

Farlay was stunned when he examined the Silver and bronze cards.

“This is... This is! 25,000 gold!” he was shocked.

“I actually have more, but I plan to use it for my own.” Dyne laughed.

“Right. Set up a contribution system and rewards for the Gobu Gobu and a wage per day for their service. They use gold to evolve higher. I think five gold a day would do, and if they can do something great for the village, you can reward them.” Dyne nodded.

The Elder was shocked as he perused over the gold in the cards.

“You guys should also focus on killing those Evil Flys and Slimes. Since they multiply endlessly, we can continue using them as a source for gold and food.”

Next weeks chapter is pretty exciting. After all, you can't just travel into the Mist without THAT.

For more chapters, check out my Patreon page for up to chapter 127 and two PS1 games. (One is ported to PS1 though...)

18