Chapter 61: The Past of Legaia
408 0 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The days continued with Dyne training his team at Hunter Springs. They didn’t venture out immediately as the Hunter Spring offered a quick way to refill Vahn's mana. This allowed Vahn to summon the Gimard again and again.

Leveling up the Gimard summon was vastly harder than what it was in the game.

In Legend of Legaia, as long as the Gimard could kill the monster, The Gimard would only need to be summoned just one more than the current level of the Gimard magic. If the Gimard was level two, Vahn needed only to use the Gimard three times to push it to level three.

Vahn’s proficiency in summoning the Gimard was increasing. And this decreased the summoning time of the Gimard.

Vahn would spam cast the Gimards on the enemy he could see and rush back and drink water at the fountain. This continued throughout the day. Dyne would use his Imaginarium Arts to teach the group more on Soul Cultivation every interim when the group would rest.

However, Dyne and Vahn were practically sleepless the first night because of a powerful curse that befell them.

Increased Urinary Frequency.

Dyne and Vahn kept peeing because they spent the entire day drinking water. They were so restless that night that they limited the amount of fountain water they drank the next day.

Dyne also used the two days passed to hunt more Gimard and make Tetsu, Vahn, and Meta stronger.

Vahn had reached level 3. Tetsu showed no signs of leveling up. His level was vastly higher than theirs. The power that Tetsu showed, later on, was so strong that not even Bertugo or Brod could survive a combo of attacks from Tetsu. His decades of training in the martial way were finally becoming more and more evident.

Tetsu’s mastery of the spirit was also improving.

Strafe could only sigh. He never expected that Dyne would reach the level of being able to do the Imaginarium Arts. This was a key factor to Tetsus’s awakening as a Soul Cultivator.

It didn’t take long when Vahn and Tetsu learned how to absorb life energy without Meta's help.

Meta was shocked at how Dyne could absorb the experience points and claimed that only Lord Biron had gathered the life energy and made it into experience points that strengthen the human body.

Two nights have passed since they arrived in hunter Springs, and Dyne continued to meditate and sense the power in his body. Dyne had just reached level 5, and it was then that he experienced a strange bottleneck in his cultivation.

“Strange… I can’t level up…” Dyne wondered.

“Hey Meta, I feel that absorbing the life energy of these monsters is not enough anymore. Even the Gimard’s aren’t helping.” Dyne asked.

“It must be because you’ve killed too many, Lord Dyne! Generally, the life energy's effectiveness that monsters give decreases the more you are exposed to it. You may not have noticed it yet, but each monster will have a different kind of life energy. Some are stronger and more potent than others. And of course, the stronger the life energy of a creature, the greater their death energy also is.”

“So you mean to say that my body is now used to the life energy of Gobu Gobus, Gimards, and the like?”

“Yes. I recommend hunting for new monsters. This will greatly increase the growth you have. This is also why the Gobu Gobus in this area find it hard to create Gomboos. Those on Drake's central region can because of the variety of monsters and the different life and death energy that their Totems can change.”

“Right! I meant to ask you this… What exactly are these Totems? Who is the Evil God?

“You know of the Evil God?” Meta was stunned.

“I've heard of him. But I don't know any other gods apart from Tieg and Strafe. Who is the Evil God?”

“Lord Tieg created several beings with a small portion of his powers. And they are what humans call gods in this world. Rim Elm worships Ferti, the God of the Sea. This is another one of Tieg’s created gods. Rem is also another. However, he is a High God. They have stronger powers and can pierce through time and space itself. There are others. The War God, the Wind God, the Evil God, and the rest are all minor gods. Back in the age of Gods, before the Serus even reached Legaia, a war occurred.”

“A war of gods? Strafe didn’t tell me about this.”

“Yes. The Evil God and the War God were always fighting against each other, but they could not conquer each other. Rogue, who was then the leader of all Ra-Serus, was the one who suggested that these two use the animals of Legaia to create stronger creatures that will aid each other in battle. And the two gods went into the Human worlds and began to experiment on animals and humans, creating beasts that waged war against each other.”

Dyne was stunned to hear this.

“The War God and the Evil God fought?!” Tetsu was surprised. He had finally reached the stage where he could also communicate through Souls.

“So this is what Strafe meant as side quests…” Dyne pondered.

Meta continued.

“The battle was brutal, and almost all of humanity was wiped out. In that time, three gods came to aid the humans. The Sea God protected Drake Continent, Rem resided in Secubus Islands, and the Wind God protected the Karisto Continent. With these three gods in place, the monsters were driven back. But the problem was, the War God and the Evil God had already created abominations that the three Gods could not protect their respective regions properly. The death toll was unbelievably high. It was there that humans were forced to go stronger. And it was there that Spirit Arts was developed.”

“I see. Without proper cultivation, humans searched for other means and used items like Power Elixir to fight the monsters.” Dyne understood.

“It was during those warring eras that Biron achieved enlightenment and gained the strength to fight back. But even then, it was not enough. The war had dragged on for so long, and the rage between the two gods grew and grew. It even began to attack the Water and the Wind God to acquire more ways to grow stronger. The two gods taught the monsters how to create Totems that would consistently gather life and death energy around Legaia.”

“I see. So that’s what these Totems are! And that explains how these monsters came to be!”

“What a cruel time. Why is it that these are not written in our history?”

“Because the gods had vowed to stop fighting or interfering with Legaia when Tieg appeared. The war ended when Rogue finally convinced the Ra-Serus to journey with him to the human world to aid the humans. Several of my Ra-Seru friends joined with him. But this whole event was a plot made by Rogue!”

“So Rogue instigated the battle between the War God and the Evil God...”

“Yes. I don’t know the full story. But Rogue was secretly the cause of everything. He plotted to make the two gods fight each other and make them search for the dimension where Legaia was. When the two left, and the other gods chased after the two, Rogue found how to get to Legaia. He used the gods to search for it and to go there. He aimed to assimilate with a powerful human that would be born in that warring era. When he reached Legaia, he possessed the most powerful human and battled against the Evil God and the War God!”

“Both of them together?”

“Rogue was a powerful Ra-Seru, and the human he used as the host was the hero of the age of Gods. Biron.”

“Lord Biron!” Tetsu was shocked.

“Rogue was able to fight toe-to-toe against the Evil God and the War God because the Serus followed Rogue. The humans and Serus were able to fight back now and defeat the monstrosities that these two gods crafted. Aided by the Water and Wind God, Rogue was able to defeat these Gods. And then, he was about to initiate the final part of his plan.”

“He wanted to devour the two gods. He wanted to become like a god!” Dyne realized it.

“Correct. That was his plan all along. To weaken the two gods and fight them. The Water and Wind God did not know of this plan and helped him wound the two gods. But right before he could devour the two gods, Rem interfered. He had long appeared before Biron and told him of this future. And it was there that Biron resisted Rogue’s control, and it stalled Rogue long enough for the two gods to deliver their blows to Rogue.”

“And then Rogue was banished to Rogues Tower!”

“That is correct, Lord Dyne. The battle between the gods was so brutal but ended peacefully. With the real culprit banished, the Evil God and the War God both took the strongest monsters they have created and banished them beyond the sea. And the gods in Legaia fell into a deep slumber. But the world was already different. Monsters lurked in Legaia, and Serus abounded. Rem managed to stay awake long enough and give aid to the humans.”

The past explained here is something that Strafe created. In other words, this is not the real history of Legaia in the game. Still, I tried to make it fit the current scenario of Legaia and add more involvement to the others gods. In the game, only Rem and Tieg are involved and it is even hinted that both Rem and Tieg are the same gods. But here, I made them two separate entities. 

With over 60 chapters, I guess it should be enough to have you see the overall feel of the story. Please drop a review if you haven't yet!

20