Chapter 66: Dyne’s First Challenging Fight
416 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A plan was made.

Tetsu and Vahn marveled at the plan. Dyne was not in any way underestimating the enemy. Dyne knew these monsters to appear and would be faced after awakening several Genesis Trees. And such power would be amazing to imagine. Dyne thus created a detailed plan on how to fight the two.

The group made their preparations. Despite the fact that even Tetsu said that they shouldn’t engage with this beast, the group still accepted it as Dyne seemed confident of facing it.

The two Lippians continued to flee but were gradually slowing down. It was running towards the river, but the two Serus was gaining on them.

Soon the Gimard sent a fireball attack the brought one Lippian down. The Zenoir began to attack the limping Lippian that was trying to escape.

But as soon as they began fighting…

FWIIIIPPP! FWIIIIPPP! FWIIIIPPP!

Several arrows rained down on them. It was sharp and had damaged the Zenoir and the Gimard.

Confused and unable to see the attackers, the two Serus continued to fight against the Lippians and finally killed them.

But the rain of arrows continued.

The two Serus began to look around and saw Dyne standing and shooting.

Enraged, the pair rushed towards Dyne.

Dyne’s attacks were now aimed on the “fingers” of the Zenoir. The constant attacks were now taking effect. Despite its rocky exterior, the metal arrows were slowly affecting the Zenoir. The fingers, which were the legs of this creature, were now liming on one finger.

After seeing the limping movements, Dyne then began to focus on another finger.

The Gimard, however, was left unchecked and continued to rush recklessly towards Dyne.

Dyne ignored the creature and continued attacking the Zenoir.

The Gimard was now quite a distance away from the Zenoir when it happened.

POW!

A powerful uppercut launched the Gimard to the skies as Tetsu appeared. The Golden Compass allowed him to draw so close that the enraged Gimard did not notice him.

And so, Tetsu began to perform his newly found and newly loved passion.

Juggles.

Peng! Peng!

Arts after arts and launching attacks were made, which caused the Gimard to be vaulted from the sky.

The Zenoir tried to run faster but then…

BOOM!

A Gimard crashed onto it and sent it rolling to the side.

Vahn had summoned a Gimard through Meta, and it made its kamikaze attack.

But as expected, the arrows and the magic attack were not enough to kill the Zenoir.

The Zenoir got up back again, but more arrows rained down on it.

Meanwhile, on the other side, the juggles ended, and the Gimard was about to launch a counter-attack, but then several arrows struck it on its head, causing it to stagger.

Tetsu didn’t waste a second as it attacked it once more with a launcher attack that sent it flying back in the air.

The Zenoir charged to face Vahn but was limping from the arrows. He could see Vahn preparing another magic attack as Vahn was chanting and concentrating.

The Zenoir moved fast when suddenly…

BANG!

A large green slime tackled it and released a powerful Spirit attack that made the Zenoir roll to the sides once more. This allowed Vahn to complete his summoning.

The Gimard appeared once more and burned with a bright fire, and it flew fast towards the Zenoir like a rocket.

BOOM!

The Zenoir was sent flying to the sides once more.

Dyne had no longer used his arrows to attack but was running towards the Gimard.

Tetsu’s combos were now ending. Since the first had plenty of Arts, the second combo would end as Tetsu was running out of Art Points to deliver powerful attacks.

Dyne took out Grim, and it entered into Scythe mode.

Dyne jumped and slashed his scythe with all his might, stabbing the Gimard’s face with the edge of the scythe’s blades.

But even after making that strike, Dyne didn’t pause but continued running and ignoring Tetsu to continue beating the Gimard. Dyne ran towards the Zenoir, who was now chasing after the Slime who had tackled it once more to enrage it.

Dyne knew that even his Slime stood no chance against this Seru. So Dyne rushed towards the Zenoir.

Another Gimard emerged and rushed to make a suicide attack on Zenoir.

But this time, the Zenoir was prepared. It stood up and sent a flame attack that emerged out of the “palm” of the creature.

The fire smashed with the Gimard and slowed it down, but the Gimard’s remaining body still smashed with the Zenoir and caused it to fall in a position that the palm was facing the sky.

“Meta!” Dyne shouted as he jumped and hacked the scythe downwards.

The scythe pierced through the body of the Zenoir, and then it gave a shrill cry. The scythe pinned it down. This contained all of Dyne’s AP.

Vahn did not have any time to admire the strange technique, which concentrated every AP into a single strike but rushed towards the Zenoir and attacked it.

“Damn! They’re so stronger than the ones in the game!” Dyne cursed as he was pushing the scythe downwards to prevent the Zenoir from breaking free. Calamity approached and began to envelop the top fingers of the Zenoir to prevent it from struggling.

Vahn finally reached and began pummeling the Zenoir to kill it. Vahn used all his might and delivered the arts he knew.

“Remember! Tell me if you can’t absorb it! I’ll try to combine the soul of this creature with Grim! So help me!” Dyne reminded Meta.

After which, Dyne glanced towards Tetsu and couldn’t help cursing.

The Gimard was still alive!

Tetsu continued to fight it and was expertly evading the attacks and fireball attacks.

Dyne cursed and adjusted his position so that most of his body was on top of the Zenoir and continued to push the scythe down. As he did that, Dyne began to adjust the point of the scythes handle. The end of Grim’s scythe form was its head when it would assume its Seru form. Dyne aimed the head of the creature towards the Gimard.

Tetsu had once more launched the Seru to the air with his technique, but due to the lack of AP, he could only make basic attacks to maintain the juggle.

Dyne aimed at the direction he predicted where Tetsu would end.

“Fire!” Dyne commanded, and Grim suddenly grew red and shot out a small fireball.

The fireball raced towards the field and struck the Gimard that was falling down.

BOOM!

A small explosion occurred, which stunned the Gimard.

Tetsu took this time to perform Spirit and increase his AP.

Dyne was stunned that the Gimard was still alive.

Tetsu would be around level twenty, yet he still couldn’t instantly kill a level 2 Gimard.

The group was thrown back as the Zenoir was able to recover as it glowed red.

Despite having a scythe protruding out of its body, the Zenoir was alright.

Dyne was out of AP and could no longer harness Spirit for attack or defense because of the technique he did with the Gimard. This was the first time he faced this situation.

The large Zenoir immediately ran towards Dyne as it determined it to be the most powerful enemy. The Zenoir jumped, revealing the dark green palm that was about to smash on Dyne.

“Now!” Dyne gave his order, and Grim, who was still protruding in scythe form, tried to resist the jump of the Zenoir and pull it down. It wasn’t enough to stop the Zenoir, but it slowed it down.

And that small-time allowed Vahn to deliver his Arts.

Slash Kick.

SMASH!

Imitating the same technique that Dyne showed, Meta and Vahn worked together to harness the attack. This wasn’t possible in the game, but in this life, Vahn was a Soul cultivator, and both of them could now perform attacks that weren’t possible.

The impact shook the Zenoir and threw it sideways, barely landing on Dyne.

Dyne, who wasn’t moving, finally completed Spirit and raised his AP levels.

Just before the Zenoir could recover, Calamity once more rushed and delivered a Spirit tackle.

The Zenoir blocked the attack by emitting a Spirit shield that nullified the tackle.

Dyne rushed again and jumped on top of the Zenoir and yanked the scythe out.

Immediately Dyne attacked the Zenoir while on top of it as Calamity did its best to hold the Zenoir down.

Dyne struck the middle finger of Zenoir with the scythe. The scythe slashed through, and a shrill cry from the Zenoir was heard.

Grim’s blade latched on and tried to hook itself. Dyne immediately jumped to the back of the Zenoir while pulling the scythe, which caused the middle finger of the Zenoir to rise.

The Zenoir was crying and struggling as it tried to throw of Dyne. But Dyne kept shifting his balance and would move to the direction opposite to where the Zenoir would struggle to.

With the middle finger raised, the palm area was revealed. And Vahn had finished his Spirit.

“Do it, Vahn! Imagine a sharp stake or a drill!” Dyne shouted.

Vahn and Meta were both concentrating.

Using the technique that Dyne thought, Vahn tried to spin his soul energy around his right hand, and Meta aided in gathering it. Vahn was constantly spinning his wrist as if he was trying to spin an invisible doorknob at the palm of his hands.

With the visualization of the spin, the soul energy began to appear. It was the first time that Vahn was able to create a Spirit force outside of his body.

“Vahn, concentrate on forming that spinning stake. I’ll aid you by gathering the remaining spirit energy to do a spirit strike!” Meta explained.

“Do it now!” Dyne was frantic as the Zenoir was about to overpower him.

Vahn dashed towards the Zenoir and punched on the palm that was open from the raised middle finger. As the other fingers were trying to maintain balance, it was unable to block Vahn’s mad rush.

Vahn could see the previous small hole where Dyne had stabbed Grim at and aimed for it.

“Hissatsu!” Vahn shouted as he approached.

“Piercing Punch!”

BANG!

The punch sank into the rocky body of the Zenoir and pierced through it.

The struggling Zenoir finally stopped moving.

The body of the Zenoir was now dispersing, and its soul began to appear.

But as it was dispersing, small white lights began to flicker around, and this could only indicate one thing.

Meta was on the process of absorbing the soul of the Zenoir.

Dyne was glancing at the Vahn with a strange expression.

“Did you just say… hissatsu?” Dyne asked the pressing question in his heart.

I say challenging, but none of them was even greatly wounded at this fight.

18