Chapter 81: Meeting the Monks
324 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vahn and Dyne were stunned at this. There was a Soul Cultivator that basically was so strong that it didn’t make sense.

Dyne asked Strafe.

“Who is this? I thought you said that there are no Soul Cultivators here!”

“There aren’t. You think having that ability is Soul Cultivation? The only Soul Cultivators here are you three. Just as Spirit, he could get to where he was because of imitation and random meditation. Sensing and telepathy are the most basic abilities of Soul Cultivation. Take Tetsu; for example. He has just embarked on the very beginning of this path and already learned to communicate telepathically. But while this man can do long-ranged telepathy, he still isn't a Soul Cultivator.” Strafe explained.

“Still… I could sense that guy’s aura from here. He’s strong! Probably four times stronger than Tetsu!” Dyne was amazed.

“You already explained it. The Monks here are stronger compared to Tetsu.”

“Enter the temple doors! In it, you will find a lever. Pull it. We will await you in the main hall. And Brave Tetsu, welcome home!” The telepathic message was sent again.

“Who is Master Kin?” Vahn asked.

“Master Kin is one of the elders in Biron Monastery. He is someone from Karisto Kingdom itself! He was assigned to lead the Biron Monks here in Drake Continent.”

Vahn was amazed.

“Such power.”

“Kin, huh? So he had such a respectable position. No wonder he was allowed to keep his hair.” Dyne recalled the details of Kin. He was one of the Monks in Biron Monastery that had a special uniform and even taught the Ra-Seru heroes certain arts. He was also presumed to be the Monk in Drake Castle.

Most monks, including Tetsu, followed a Shaolin style haircut. But Kin had hair that only the Elder Monks had.

The group moved inside the large monastery entrance.

Along the way, Dyne began to add more details to what they will be telling the group.

“Alright. We might have some issues we’re going to use the excuse that Vahn was petrified, Maya, Mei’s mother, ought to recognize him.”

“She will? I never met her.”

“Your dad told me she could guess it’s you since you two look alike. So… let’s add some details to our excuse. Vahn, your father, told me about what happened a few years ago. I know it would sound disrespectful, but can we change the date when your mother died? At least, this is what we will tell them.” Dyne explained seriously.

“It's alright, Master Dyne. If it’s just that, I don’t mind.”

“Good. You went out and tried to get Drake Water but was caught by the Mist and became possessed by a Seru. By some chance, you managed to get to this side of the river, and we found you. Tetsu recognized you, and when the Basilisk petrified everyone, we saved you. Is that clear?”

Vahn nodded.

The short walk soon led them deeper into the Monastery. No monsters could be seen inside as Dyne expected. The walls were getting smaller and smaller until there was a small and finally, they were in a small room.

This room had two large fans planted on the floor. The fans had large grates to encase it. At the very center of the room was a large lever. And beyond the lever was a single door. This door will only open if the lever is pulled, which causes the fans to blow strong winds.

“That’s the fan I was talking about.” Dyne pointed at the fan. Dyne was also shocked. This was the most advanced technology he had seen in Drake Continent. Not even Drake Kingdom had devices that were as complex as these.

Tetsu and Vahn were amazed.

“These fans have grown bigger!” Tetsu cheered.

“So that’s how they escaped the Mist…” Vahn nodded.

Dyne, however, looked carefully around the area.

“Geothermal?” Dyne murmured as he tried to guess what was powering the fans.

“Master Dyne?” Tetsu wondered.

“Nothing.” Dyne shook his head. He then withdrew a long black scarf from Calamity and wore it around his neck to hide the Brimstone heart's effects that had already reached up to his collar bone.

“Well, flip the lever to make the fan start.” Dyne motioned to Tetsu.

Tetsu nodded and immediately pulled the lever.

The moment he pulled the lever, the doors behind them led to the temple, shut closed.

The two fans started to spin and created a powerful gust of air. It was so strong that Dyne and the group had to adjust the way they were standing to avoid being blown by the wind.

The Mist in the room was cleared as small windows allowed the Mist to exit the room.

After a few seconds, the door in front of them opened.

Several Monks greeted them and went out to greet the group.

“Core Disciple Tetsu! This little one is Ichirou. First Outer Disciple of Biron of the Mist!” A young man wearing a yellow garb and red pants bowed. Unlike the many Shaolin monks behind him, this person had hair but was tied up to a bun.

“Please come inside!” Ichirou bowed and led the group inside.

As they were inside, they were greeted by a large group of Monks.

While most the traditional white garb, there were two who wore a red clothing, and another wearing blue approached the group. Unlike the other Monk’s, they had long hair, just like Kin, which represented that these two had special positions within Biron Monastery.

Everyone gave a bow at Tetsu.

Dyne then identified a man approach. He had long grey hair and a unique uniform.

“Core Disciple Tetsu… You have grown. Should I raise you to the ranks of Elder?” Kin laughed.

These words shocked everyone. The Monks began to clamor at Kin’s words.

“Ha Ha Ha!” A loud and hearty laugh was heard, and an Old man moved down the stairs.

The Old man had long white hair and a thick beard on his face. He wore a red garb with a bright yellow design on the center of his chest, which cascaded down to his pants.

Dyne knew that this was the Biron elder, Elder Zopu.

“Injured?” Dyne frowned as he noticed the Old Man Zopu. There was something wrong with his Soul as it seemed distorted.

“As expected. You noticed it immediately. You should pursue becoming a Soul Healer. With your abilities to sense and discern the Soul as well as naturally know what to do, this monastery would be a great training ground for you!” Strafe laughed.

“It is quite a treat to have guests! And one who hails from this Monastery before! Core Disciple Tetsu… You are hereby promoted to the rank of Elder!” Old Man Zopu declared.

“Master Zopu! Forgive my presumptuousness, but why is master Tetsu immediately promoted? I am delighted to see, Master Tetsu, but why the sudden increase?”

“Songi… You do well to respect him. Unlike us, Master Tetsu has been braving the Mist, and while your current physical strength surpasses him, I feel that his mastery over Spirit is far greater than any of us in this Monastery!” Zopu declared.

The monks were shocked at this declaration.

“Tetsu… remember… We are injured!” Dyne silently reminded as he sent a soul message towards Tetsu.

“Master Zopu! Forgive me, but my companions are injured. Please allow them to rest. Also, please take care of the Slime who our friend Dyne has befriended.” Tetsu pointed at the back.

The group was surprised to see a large slime move towards the center.

The Monks all seemed to be wary, but then Dyne motioned.

“Calamity. Bow to our friends.” Dyne ordered.

The large green slime raised its body so that a large portion of its blob was rising upwards and then gave a respectful bow to the group.

“Amazing!”

“Woah!”

Soon, happy cries of delight were heard as several kids could be seen watching from the stairs.

“Injured? What happened? That child… He is wearing a Seru?” Kin noticed as he could sense strange energy.

“I can explain everything, Master Kin. For now, can me and my friends have a much-needed rest?” Tetsu pretended to sound tired.

“Of course! Traveling through the Mist would have tired you since you brought along with you two youths.”

“They are stronger than you think. Vahn should equal an Inner Disciple, and though Dyne is weaker in terms of strength, I see him as my equal.” Tetsu made his declaration.

Dyne rolled his eyes and sighed. He had told Tetsu to make it look like he was the disciple, but Tetsu dropped it on everyone. If it were just Monks, it would have been alright… But this Monastery had someone who was aligned with Dark. His Soul was corrupt, and he was destined to be a villain in the world of Legaia. He would be so triggered.

“Your equal? Can you please stop joking, Master Tetsu!” Songi laughed.

“Songi, you have been trained in the Monastery since birth. You and Gala must be the strongest among here. Considering that you are allowed to wear the robes of Legacy Disciples, you must have grown tremendously. But… I can sense your power. Vahn is stronger than you.” Tetsu pointed to Vahn.

“Vahn?!” A voice echoed at the back. It was a woman’s voice.

“This youth?” Songi tried his best to hide his scorn.

“Yes. Don’t be fooled by his haggard appearance. He is strong. I have been training him since he was young. But even Vahn is no match if he fought Dyne in a true deathmatch. I am not confident of assuring victory.” Tetsu replied.

His reply was not arrogant, or it was not Tetsu’s intention to look down on Songi. For most Monks, they would not take offense at this. But the person Tetsu said was the very person who would betray Biron Monastery and whose hands would cause such devastation that many will die because of him.

Dyne looked at Songi casually. Songi turned his eyes on Dyne and smiled.

“You are Master Dyne?” Songi asked, trying to hide the frustration of his teeth-gnashing smile.

“No. Tetsu was talking about Dyne the Slime. Because you know, Vahn can’t be Dyne, Tetsu can’t be Dyne, so obviously, the Slime has to be Dyne. Not me!” Dyne joked.

“What?!” Songi was startled. He had never received such audacious remarks from someone due to his high prestige.

“Oh, you still couldn’t read my sarcasm? Of course, I’m Dyne! No wonder you didn’t become Master Teacher. This dude, Gala, is definitely smarter than you.” Dyne giggled.

In-Game FYI.
Gala and Songi are rivals. It is actually because Songi is weaker compared to Gala that Songi betrayed Biron Monastery. Songi becomes the second most powerful boss in the game (excluding the optional boss) as he gets his hands on a Ra-Seru but with the help of Cort (the main antagonist of Legaia) transforms the Ra-Seru into a Sim-Seru hybrid. Sim-serus are manmade Serus said to be capable of withstanding the Mist. 
So when Dyne said that Gala is stronger, he is actually hitting a very painful nerve for Songi.
Now for some pics!
Biron Monastery Fan- room Entrance. (Lever unpulled)
fcvy7r0.jpg
 
Biron Monastery Fan- room Entrance. (Lever Pulled)
ax65gJ8.jpg
 
Kin (Guy in Purple. But in the story he still wears Black) and Elder Zopu (Old dude in Red)
FZAfxaH.jpg
 
Songi (red) and Gala (Blue)
epwxMHy.jpg
 
Gala- In Battle
F43uEK3.jpg
 
Songi- (first boss Battle)
RzVfQCi.jpg

 

16