Chapter 7 – “I’m only nice to you” male leads
5.9k 12 215
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Tina,” Janet called out shyly “This is my partner Roderic. And Roderic, this is my trusted friend Tina.”

The man only give one indifferent nod. That’s it. That’s the whole interaction.

His hands gently placed on Janet’s waist as she stood, his eyes held a warm expression once he turns to look at her face.

Ah this is THAT isn’t it? The ‘I’m only nice to my woman, I’m an asshole towards everyone else.’ syndrome. ‘I’m actually a major dick, but I’ll simp for her’ disease.

Bro, if you don’t talk first, I can’t talk either cuz you’re basically part-royalty okay? Be aware of our status difference! It’s not like I’m head over heels for you either, who’d fall for your stone-cold attitude? You narcissistic prick.

Swallowing hateful thoughts, I can only give a smile in return.

I look at Janet who finds absolutely no fault in her man treating her ‘trusted friend’ less than a rock on the side of the road.

Haahhhh….Is it too late to return this friend for refund?

“Roderic and I met on my way to Estive town. He helped me when my carriage broke on the way…”

Ah yes, the usual. Even in modern era, there are movie scenes where the female lead’s car breaks down on road side and the male leads are always there to help - doesn’t matter what time of the day. In general, as long as you’re a female lead, you have free 24/7 auto repair services available.

“I was flustered at first. After all, he’s *THE* Duke Roderic Wolfram. But he was quite persistent pursuing me.” A playful smile draws on her lips as she recalls the past.

I tense at the mention “Duke”. After all, assuming from observation and the person actually admitting it are two very different things.

Right. So let me tell you the “DANGER OCCUPATIONS TO LOOK OUT FOR” in this story world. That is, the occupations or positions the male leads often have: Kings, Emperors, Princes, Dukes, Knight commanders - well, any position they can exert their authority and be overbearing, really.

Especially be careful if they’re described as “MERCILESS IN BATTLEFIELD” or “A MAN WHO HAS NO EMOTIONS” or has some chuunibyou names like “War beast” or "Blood-thirsty monarch" ... something along those lines.

Literally. The more insane they are, the better chances they have of being male leads.

Because this is a fictional world where everything is possible, no one wants a ‘normal’ or ‘average’ love interest. That’s for reality to handle. Since what readers desire is a person impossible to find in real life, male leads have to be OP in some aspects.

“—and that was how he proposed to get engaged. Well, we still need to go through formalities for that though.” Janet finally finishes.

Oops. It sounds like I missed a lot of important points in her story. Sorry Janet, but my mind is already struggling from calculating a way to remove myself from this story you got yourself involved in.

“It’s good you found yourself someone who cares for you.” I nodded. “It’s already late and it’s getting cold, you should return home.”

“Oh right.” She blushes, realising how she gushed out about her romance without noticing the time. “Then, I’ll take my leave.”

“Make sure to stay warm.” I hug her before she leaves and wave her good bye.

The duke only nods once more at me before escorting her back to carriage. Ugh. Don't even bother.

I look at the vehicle slowly shrink as it travels further down the road, and can only swear underneath my breath when it finally disappeared.

It was already dark. I disappointedly look at the half-collected pile of leaves. I feel like throwing my broom at someone right now.

Maybe the knight commander hiding behind that tree will be a good target. I don’t know.

215