Chapter 9 – Unheard confessions
5.8k 22 206
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Upon arrival of the customer’s house, I am greeted by the sound of a sudden loud slap and screaming voices.

I’m not ready for this, man…

I should realistically consider going back and coming for another day, but I definitely don’t want to cross the dodgy area more often  than I need to.

“You think your status as a mere daughter from a baron household, not to mention a falling one, is worthy of a place in the great Ducal household like ours?!” More screaming continues from a sharp ringing female voice.

“STOP THIS IMMEDIATELY” boomed a male voice.

But the voice was far from stopping.

“Dear stepbrother, you’re a shame to the Duke Yttrea house. Just like your commoner mother, your birth is low. Not a single drop of noble blood flows in you and your taste is poor. You love this woman, who doesn’t even have a good standing in her own poor house.” She sneers.

“No, this is all my fault. Issac did nothing wrong!” Another female voice interrupted, sobbing between her words.

“That much is true. It is you who seduced my stepbrother. And if that’s not enough, you DARE seduce my fiancé as well.”

“Stop and leave now, Rosette. Before I really get angry.” The man warns in a low threatening tone.

Wow... Am I not totally witnessing the villainess fucking herself up right now? Probably raising a good few death-flags while she’s at it.

What shitty luck do I have to get front-row seats to this drama?

The butler who received me seems apologetic about the chaos unfolding in this small noble house. I smile to show I don’t mind.

But I do. Fuck, I want to go home.

Sounds of high stiletto heels clacking head towards my direction while I was waiting at the entrance. A girl around my age, with bright-red rococo style hair and sharp crimson eyes, wearing a gothic lolita-style dress.

Basic villainess appearance. Can't get more basic than this.

She passes me as she exits the run down mansion. She exclaims a loud “HMPH” before disappearing into her carriage.

As I walk towards the drawing room being led by the old butler, I witness the heroine and male lead in the hallway.

The heroine has a saintly aura, her light-blue hair and round ocean-blue eyes give her this innocent-looking appearance. The man has silvery pink hair and light-red eyes, tall and handsome.

The heroine weeps in the arms of the man, her face buried in his chest. Her sobs shakes her whole body and the man could only embrace her tightly to comfort her. 

My dudes, get a room and spare me the PDA.

“Why are you so nice to me?” She asks, looking at the male with upturned eyes.

Woah— shameless. Is she really asking this question now? Is it not obvious enough? A literal child could see that he’s pining for you.

The man doesn’t answer, only tells her to rest.

When the two walk away from the scene, I pass by them as they walk from the opposite direction. 

The man walking slightly behind the heroine says in a small whisper, “Because I like you.”

The heroine turns around and stares at the man one step behind her. “Did you say something?”

“Nothing.”

HE SAID HE LIKES YOU.

If I, a passerby, could hear it from 5 steps away, why can’t you hear it? Do you have earwax blocking your ear canals?

Also, why do people say things out loud if they don’t want the other person to hear? Like seriously, does your brain not have ‘silent thinking’ capabilities?

How does physics work here like, do people just not hear sounds unless it’s below a certain volume? Or do I just have super hearing senses?

... Forget it. As long as I get money for my business it has nothing to do with me.

The same evening, I go out to shop for some groceries.

The old lady who owns the bread stall hands me the bread roughly and scolded, “You can’t always come here asking expired bread for cheap. You’re ruining my business!”

 I complain with a mumble under my breath. “So stingy”

“THEN GO BUY AT ANOTHER SHOP!”

It seems unheard whispering skills only work for male leads. 

Seriously, how does physics work in this world?

206