Chapter 35 – Dramatic Weddings
4.2k 11 172
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

If you have any troubles recognising the names in this story, please check the glossary where I compiled a list of repeating characters with short descriptions to refresh your memory. I understand you can forget the characters when the story updates are sparse.

Sat around the wobbly round table where the tea is awkwardly served by ‘Ben’, we stare at Cecile who cowers under our gazes. Noticing the atmosphere, ‘Ben’ tactfully retreats out of the room. As soon as the door shuts, the questioning begins from Janet.

“Did you guys progress onto the next level?”

“What’s going on?” Ruby interrupts, wanting to get in on the tea. She took a break from her job as a receptionist (and information giving mob) at the merchant’s guild to join the small audience for Janet’s wedding dress fitting.

“I walked into Cecile and Ben kissing. Last time I checked, they were still indecisively flirting and having misunderstandings about the stupidest things. I was getting high blood pressure from just witnessing.” Janet waves her hand dismissively as she fills in Ruby on what she missed out. “It was so frustrating to watch I was *this* close to just pushing them together to have an accidental kiss.”

Why is this female lead eager to play the cupid in other people’s relationships… Not that I can disagree with anything she just said.

“It’s not like that.” Cecile shifts nervously in her seat, her hands fidgeting in her laps as she avoids our probing stares. “Anyway, what about your dress? Let’s have a look so I can match flowers for the occasion.”

“…… That’s a shit attempt at changing topics, but I’ll let this go just once.” Janet narrows her eyes suspiciously and gestures with two fingers from her eyes to Cecile. “We’ll come back to this.” 

“…” I swear to god her character is deteriorating after getting herself a male lead. Turn back to your usual fragile female protagonist.

Fitting on her wedding dress inside the changing room, I busy myself helping Janet get into the dress. The golden silk threads shine under the filtered sunlight from the windows, the reflected light flickers on her milky smooth skin. The small diamonds adorned on the laced sleeves glittered endlessly and accentuates her thin arms. The dress fits her perfectly to her hips and starts flaring out below her mid-thighs, the satin flows like water and suggestively sticks to her legs when she takes a step. The neckline dips V-shape to show off her lovely collarbone.

“I think I’ve never worn a lovelier dress. I made the right choice guilt trippi- *ahem* requesting you for this dress.” Janet tears up upon seeing her own reflection and hugs me tight. “I’m getting married, Tina. I’m no longer a single woman.”

She starts drawing shapes on my back with her finger as she burries her face into my chest, and I immediately sensed danger which was about to spill from her mouth soon after.

“Won’t you be my bridesmaid?”

Nope. No. There’s only so many times you can fucking guilt trip me into getting narrowly close to trouble.

“No.”

“But it’s my one and only wedding.”

“I’m not changing my mind.” My stern reply shocks Janet.

I vaguely remembered that time the fortune teller uttered the words ‘dancing with death’. I just need to stay far away from any events likely to bring me trouble.

To begin with, Cecile met with her ML from Janet’s engagement ceremony because she wandered out into the glass dome botanic gardens. Then I picked up this little shit (Jin) sleeping in my pockets because we got kidnapped on our way back home from the event. Then I somehow got mysteriously popular for the dress I designed for her engagement and that villainess found out with her deep dark connections.

… Why am I still friends with Janet.

I would be tempted to cut all my ties with her if it wasn’t for my deep ties with her and how she helped me when I was a clueless idiot travelling away from my village to settle in Inich town.

Janet senses my stubbornness when it comes to this decision, but she still tries her best to change my mind. Her big doe-like eyes stared up at me, red puffy under-eyes from crying earlier seems to pick on my conscience. “Even if I say you’re the only friend I can trust to be by my side?”

Fuck.

“I’ll be there after the main event.” I sigh. Hopefully not many people stay  after the wedding reception and if anything, I can just escape before anything significant happens.

After all, what cliche could possibly show up at the wedding?

  1. Someone interrupting the wedding just before the vows. "-Speak now or forever hold your peace." "I OBJECT!!" and some poor soul shows up confessing his love for the heroine.
  2. The one heartbroken childhood friend who will forever remain a second lead drowning his sadness with alcohol while congratulating the couple. He then vows to remain by her side forever as a friend and protect her.
  3. The villainess/antagonists and her posse bullies the wife and gets brutally put her in her place by the groom, because heroines never seems to be able to defend themselves in stories.
  4. Some family drama due to some opposition from either side.

Hahahahaha... Yeah, I think I'm going to regret my decision. Can I still say no?

I look towards Janet who's happily twirling around in her wedding dress, her little giggles brightening the small room. 

How do I say no to that face?

Sigh. Things I do for friendship.

172