Chapter 36 – Obsessive and jealous male leads
5k 37 158
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Walking back home from a fairly exhausting day of wedding dress fitting with Janet, I run into Rosette’s carriage parked squarely in the shade under the huge tree of our neighbourhood. Duke Yttrea’s wealth can be seen from the excessively “posh-sized” carriage body and the large golden insignia bearing a snake wrapped around the sword.

And it has to be a a snake, because otherwise, how would people know they’re villains?

Seeing this, I felt the urge to turn around and spend some more time at the market to wait for Rosette to leave. However, going back to the market means I’ll be surrounded by a large variety of snack stalls and I’m not too sure I can hold back on buying everything from all the stalls. My savings will take a big hit.

Should I just increase the monthly rent from my tenant? 15 gold coins?

The little hamster glares at me, poking his head outside from my dress pockets. His little scrunched up face brings out the sadist in me to tease him more.

“If you feel it's unfair, just move out.”

“…” The hamster starts kicking around with his little limbs, throwing a fuss like a 4 year old child not getting his candy. 

Well, in return, I’ll make more desserts for you instead of once a week. How about that?

The little rodent settles in silence, satisfied with my proposal. 

Maybe bi-weekly?

“What scam are you pulling? Daily.”

“Every other day.”

“D. A. I. L. Y.”

“M. O. V. E. O. U. T.”

“… Fine. Every other day works.”

Feeling accomplished, I smirk. Raising my head, I see a fleck of red hair waving with the wind, and Aria’s laughter rings out loud for me to hear from quite a distance.

You’d think it’s ‘unfeminine’ to laugh out loud (or that’s what traditional and conservative people would comment), but this is the heroine. Her uproarious laughter is lovely and pleasing to listen. Her teeth-showing grins light up the atmosphere. Her dances, however awkward they may be, appear cute.

Even if she farts, male leads will still line up and say it’s fragrant.

Rosette walks out holding hands with Aria. She picks a flower from the plant on my front porch and decorates it neatly on Aria’s pink strand of hair; the bright red daisy highlights the flushed cheeks from Aria.

Fuck- THAT’S MY DAISY PLANT! Should I just go over and punch that idiot?

[Flashback to conversation with Rosette - Refer to Chapter 34]

“This isn’t a stranger. Plus I’d love to get more advice on dresses. We have much to talk about! Isn’t that right? Ms. Tina?

After entering my bedroom, Rosette rudely seats herself on my bed without permission.

“What do you want?” I sigh, pinching my nose bridge.

“That’s so hostile, Ms Tina~!” She then drops her  graceful posture - her pinky finger on one hand digging her ears and the middle finger on another hand digging her nose. 

What is this uncultured swine doing with such a pretty face?

“I just want your help~. As a fellow transmigrator~.” Her pretty face inches uncomfortably closer with each sentence. “Wouldn’t you want to help each other out~?”

“Disgusting.” I push her face away. “My decision is to live drama-free as a mob, so I can’t help you.”

“Is that true?” Rosette’s seriousness returns at my answer. Her face when she doesn’t act stupid is actually quite pretty. “But your actions say otherwise?”

What is this crazy villainess saying?

She points at my hair. “Silky smooth.” 

She sniffs the dress I handed her to change into. “Lavender essential oil.” 

“Plus that dress you made for Duke Wolfram’s fiancé. Did you think anyone with good information network wouldn't be able to dig up so easily about who this tailor is?

It’s almost like you’re constantly dropping hints saying ‘COME FIND ME, I’M A TRANSMIGRATOR!’ Well, not as obvious as that stupid heroine who stole my ex-fiance and my step-brother.”

“…” I couldn’t retort to her remarks. As much as I was quick to judge others, I fail to have any objective feedback towards myself. It’s like how it’s easy to commentate on another person’s fucked up relationship, but failing your own. 

“After a few months in this world, I realised there was more than one story ongoing in this universe. I suppose, as a transmigrator, you must have had a few flies come your way,” Rosette continues nonchalantly, picking her nails. “I’d be suspicious of that hamster if I were you.” 

Her pupils flitted towards the door separating my bedroom from the kitchen. Jin was left outside to eat his pretzels while they were still hot.

When I refuse to comment, she smirks. “Oh, you knew, but kept him around?”

I frown. “He’s there to help me get out of troublesome story lines.”

“But what does he know?” Rosette interrupts my explanation. “Have you explained all the possible tropes that can happen? The cliches? The annoying storylines which all tend to follow the same concept, but differ only so slightly? Isekai is basically the fast food genre of manga.”

“…” I can’t say yes.

“I didn’t think so.” Rosette slowly sits up and starts undoing her dress buttons to change, facing her back towards me. “For all we know, he probably has some ridiculously messed up backstory as a male lead which will come bite your ass one day. Maybe he’s interacting with some characters without knowing what harm that will bring.”

When she slips out of her soaking wet dress, it revealed her small shoulder blades. I couldn't help but stare along the wing of her scapula which pokes out when she leans forward to put on another dress. She would look nice wearing a backless dress.

“Plus, he probably doesn’t have enough power to stop you from being taken advantage of by nobles.” She buttons her dress and turns round to face me again fully dressed. “I’m a duke’s daughter. Influential enough to even hinder the royalty. Plus, I sponsor the black market. I can help you block some trouble.”

It actually makes sense. Jin is an assassin who can read minds and shift shapes - so I could pre-maturely know if someone’s intending to harm me by having their thoughts exposed. And he could potentially help me run away by turning into a... horse?

But when it comes to power and nobility, even though I have Janet and Cecile to cover me, they would be borrowing their male lead's power. If their MLs say no, they wouldn't be able to do much. On the other hand, Rosette is a legitimate heir to the Duchy who knows my situation.

“… Fine. What do you want in return?” 

“I just want you to help me chase your neighbour.”

My neighbour? Aria? 

“You’re changing genres from straight romance to yuri?”

“And I plan to build my harem.” She nods smugly. “Oh don’t worry about yourself. I only plan to add pretty ones into it.” 

I wasn’t worrying to begin with, so why did you have to make that unnecessary hurtful comment?

“You don’t understand how much male leads in straight shoujo mangas underestimate the female friends around heroines - they’ll get sensitively jealous over any males around the FL, but they just don’t see girls as romantic rivals. Why? Because there's rarely any gay romance included in straight isekai stories - even the most obviously suggestive friendships get shipped together by fans, but they never turn into official couples and remain friends.

Plus, if you know your neighbour enough, you’ll know how oblivious she is. I could share skinship with her so casually and even escalate it up to something borderline lewd and she’ll just think I’m super friendly. Using my gender as an excuse, I could even enter baths with her.”

“Wow, what a disgusting human.”

“Anyway.” Rosette walks towards the door and slightly opens it ajar. “I expect your help when I need it.” She walks out of my bedroom elegantly afterwards.

[End of flashback]

Sighing upon remembering the deal I made with the devil, I look towards the big tree and found someone who’s more eager to punch the villainess giddily laughing with Aria - the little green headed psychopath hiding himself behind the tree radiating bad vibes. 

Rosette may have happily forgotten how some male leads are so obsessive that they get jealous over female friends too.

Would you be interested in side story from transmigrated villainess Rosette's POV?
  • Yes, you should write them as extra chapters scattered between normal chapters. Votes: 259 52.5%
  • Yes, write them after main storyline with Tina ends. Votes: 98 19.9%
  • No, not interested. Votes: 136 27.6%
Total voters: 493
158