Hit X Even
467 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

' This is it.  I just need a good shot in and....huuu....no, calm down, calm down.'

Caid hid behind the tree waiting , waiting for the prey to come, and they did. No more than five seconds passed and he heard a couple of rushed footsteps approached rapidly. He strained his ears and clearly heard  three distinct footsteps, meaning three enemies.

' They're here....

He opponed his eyes, his focus to the max as he started to count backwards from three.

'3...

2...

1...

A human figure passed right next to the tree, but didn't notice Caid. Right after, two more people passed Caid also not noticing him, but he clearly had noticed them. He took aim with his gun and fired.

*Trtrtrtrtrt...

"Gahh...

"Enemy...

The gun sprayed hot bullets hitting two of the mercenaries on the back, but the third one escaped and hid behind a tree. The ambush was successful, but something didn't feel right.

"Aaaaaaa....die dieee...

*Trtrtrtrt....

The mercenary hiding behind the tree sprayed bullets without looking  hopping to hit something, but Caid had already hid himself behind another tree.

"Where the hell are you! Come out and fight like a man. Come out...

The mercenary shouted with all his might , his voice was heard all over the island. He clearly was afraid as he didn't know where Caid was and because two of his comrades had just died before his eyes. He was easy prey for the picking ,but Caid didn't move and still kept using Zetsu to hide. His real target was not the mercenary.

' Where is the Nen user, shouldn't he be here already? Didn't he see me or was he afraid?

Should I just kill the mercenary and move on?'

*Trtrtrtr...

Caid didn't make a move and just waited for a little while, waited for the Nen user user to come while keeping an eye the mercenary, but he was already there. The hunter had become the hunted.

*Crack*

The sound of a tree leaf beeing crushed was heard in between one of the mercenary's shouts, making Caid's hair immediately stand on end. That sound was so mundane or even something enjoyable on a normal day, but for Caid this was the worst sound, the sound of death. 

' Shit...

His muscles immediately tensed and he jumped with all his strength to the side as a big hand grabbed where his head would have been.

*Krrrkk...

The hand grabbed the tree and begun to squeeze it, but what Caid saw was terrifying. The solid tree looked like a pile of straw as the hand easily crushed and took a big chunk out of it.

"Little rat....I've found you. "

"Hah hah...

Fuck you bitch!"

Caid was terrified at the man's sudden apperance and just spewed an insult at him, before he begun running for his life.  He reactivated his Ten as fast as he could and ran deeper into the forest , but he didn't feel safer. He could clearly hear the mans footsteps as he was clearly gaining on him little by little, making his heart almost explode out of his chest.

"Aaaaaaa....

He shouted at the top of his lungs forcing his body to go past it's limits and subconsciously using Ren to boost his physical abilities. With that he became faster, but he the distance between them became only shorter.

'Fuck, where the hell are they? Did they forget about the plan?'

"You can't run anymore, just give  up and I'll make it painless."

'Shit, he's almost reached me.'

The voice of the man came very close to Caid and he knew he couldn't last more than five seconds. He could almost feel his hand on his neck.

'Please, where are you!?'

He was beginning to loose steam and was only four meters from the man, when a rain of bullets came flying in. The bullets hit the man a couple of times making him crash to the ground, and Caid finally was able to release a sigh of relief, but it wasn't over yet.

"Kill him...

Caid managed to say these two words in between deep breaths as Mikael and Paikos rushed to the place the man had fallen.  This made Caid smile as it had gone almost according to the plan. They would first escape and in the process get some guns from the mercenaries. Then Caid would hide using Zetsu while Mikael and Paikos would continue straight ahead and hide a little farther. Caid  would kill as much as possible with his ambush and when he couldn't kill anymore or had to escape, a second ambush would be waiting for the mercenaries, but still , Caid felt that even with the plan he was much to close to death.

' Fighting a Nen user is much scarier than I thought. Even with all the knowledge I have I still have underestimated Aura.'

As he was thinking of what just happened Mikael and Paikos had returned, but they didn't seem happy. From those faces he could already guess the answer, but he still asked.

"Mikael, Paikos, is he dead? "

"No, he managed to escape, but he was clearly wounded as we saw a trail of blood. Mikael wanted to run after him, but....

"HAAAA...

Caid frowned as he felt weak because the adrenaline had begun to loose effect and because the overuse of his Aura.  

"You made the correct choice. He may be wounded , but he is still a Nen user. We should already move to plan B as soon as possible.

Come on...

.....

After getting out of the forest they arrived at a narrow sandy beach and then continued to the right as they went towards the airship. When they arrived there they broke the windows of the cockpit with a couple of rounds and entered it.  They quickly searched the place and Paikos managed to find the smartphone Tank had hidden below the captains chairs.

"So, what do we do now?"

Said Mikael as Paikos was staying quiet, but still keeping an eye on Caid. He clearly was suspicious of what was happening, but Caid didn't care that much.

"Now, we even the playing field."

He took aim and emptied the rest of the bullets his gun had on the control panel of the airship and for good measure he ever kicked and punched as many controls as he could, before they left. The airship controls were completely destroyed , the airship was not but a hunk of metal.

11