Doubts X Home
460 0 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On a deep part of the forest the Nen user grunted in pain as Impala was bandaging a wound on his back. His left shoulder bleed a little staining crimson the fallen tree he was sitting on. It was there where one of the bullets shoot by Mikael and Paikos wounded him.

"Ughh...I messed up. Those fuckers got away ."

Impala  frowned as he finished bandaging the man's wounds and then cleaned his hands with a cloth.

"Boss, were those three so skillful to be able to best you who is a Nen user?  They even killed three of us and two are heavily injured. "

"Skillful... you can say that, but there is something else. One of them, the kid, was a Nen user. "

As soon as Impala heard the last bit he froze. It seemed like he couldn't believe what he had just heard.

"What? Then, how is it possible that you didn't...

"I don't really know, but I'm sure of one thing. I haven't meet that boy before this as I would definitely have remembered him . So, how did he know how to hide his Aura in advance and even create an ambush for me? 

The answer is that he knew that I would be here and about our plan."

"You mean someone talked? But who would do that?  "

The man didn't answer as he just shook his head. He stood up from the tree he was sitting and headed for Tank. Impala immediately followed him to the side.

"Boss, do you know who did this? If you do please let me have them. I'll skin them alive for causing the death of our comrades."

" Don't be so hasty. There may or may not even be a traitor from our people. Taking into consideration that we are dealing with a Nen user, then everything is possible. But even so, that doesn't mean that we are going to ignore anyone else."

As they finished talking they had reached where Tank was. He was sitting down on the ground a little farther away from the group of hostage's, but still under the supervision of one of the mercenaries. He was just silently staring around him when he saw the man stoping next to him.

"What do you want?"

"I just want some answers from you. As you see, not everything is going according to plan and I want to know why."

"So, are you suspecting I had something to do with this?"

"You tell me. Did you have anything to do with this?"

Tank looked straight into the man's eyes, and saw that he was serious. Tank was not the least scared at the moment as wholeheartedly answered with a little smile.

"No, I didn't have anything to do with this. When everything happened I thought that I was just going to be killed.

Imagine my surprise when I was fine."

As the man was studying Tanks expression another mercenary came and handed Impala a clean jacket. Impala then just put the jacket over his shoulders as gently as possible.

"Sir...

"Impala, get things moving as soon as possible. The two who were wounded will walk if possible. If they can't, have some of the hostage's carry them."

"Yes sir!"

"As for you Mr Soman, I would suggest you wipe that smile from your face. I don't want you to unfortunately get hurt from some of my hotheaded subordinates."

The man didn't say it directly , but Tank understood.  

"I'll keep that in mind...

.....

On another side of the island Caid , Mikael and Paikos had managed to reach their destination. They had run along the shore so the waves would wash away their footprints and to see if this really was an island as they were told, which unfortunately for them it was. So, seeing that they couldn't escape they decided to head towards the tallest thing on this island and that was  the hill on the  northern side of the island. It was a steep climb for them, especially Mikael with his fancy leather shoes.

"Shit, my feet are wet ,and they are also sore as hell. Did we really have to walk so far?" Mikael swore under his breath while slamming his foot on the ground trying to get any water that may have gotten in , but to no avail.

"Mr Relov, I think that your wet feet are the least of our problems right now. I can't believe that even a child is more tough than you."

"No one asked your opinion pisspants. Also I'm just stating the truth. My feet hurt so I say they hurt...

"Enough!"

The voice of Caid made the both of them stop in their tracks. Mikael looked a little angry , and Caid clearly saw that.

'Man, being ordered around by a kid would also make me angry, but can you at least try not to express it? 

Sigh...'

"We have walked far enough and also I found a good place we can spend the night. Do you see that rock protrusion on the hillside?" Caid said while pointing towards a big and wide rock that protruded from the face of the hill.

"Yes, that is a pretty good place to spend the night. It's a little small, but it'll do for now." Paikos also seemed to think it was a good place as he nodded his head, but Mikael as if not missing a chance to go against anything Paikos , he had to object.

"Right... can't we find a cave or something to spend the night?  Am I the only person that doesn't want to freeze his as of under that piece of rock.

I mean, it was stupid to leave the airship in the first place. We could have done another ambush in it and maybe could have taken down the Nen user this time. Hey, where are you going....

Caid was, sleepy, tiered and fed up with everything. Even if what Mikael said was true he wouldn't go along with it, that's how tired he was. Also, even what Mikael said was true he already had a plan and wouldn't risk his life for a comfortable bed. He headed straight to the rock portrusion and opened his phone, went to messages and started writing to none other than his uncle.

' I sometimes think that being born as a member of the Yalan family is to OP on itself.'

11