Inviting X Death
454 5 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ahh...

Mikael suddenly gave a muffled and short scream as he was frightened by some loud sounds. 

"What was that? It sounded like gunshots." 

All of them went immediately into high alert as they expected an attack , but even after two minutes passed nothing came. 

"I'm not sure about what that was, but it's not close to here. What do you think?" Paikos turned around and spoke to Caid who had a big frown on his face. It was something unknown and something unknown coupled with a Nen user was not a good sign. He felt uneasy, but didn't want to make the situation more tense that it already was , so he lied.

"I don't know.... but it doesn't matter what kind of sound it is. We have to just wait until my uncle's airship comes to get us as I have already sent him our coordinates."

"Right, that's right! We can just stay here until backup arrives, still...

Man, I still can't believe that you were really telling the truth. You really are something else. You really are someone from the Yalan family."

Mikael gave Caid a big smile and a thumbs up as if they had been friends for years.This change  was after Caid contacted his uncle and sent him the coordinates of their location so he could send people to get them. Mikael's behavior which was completely different from before showed Caid that Mikael was someone who cared a lot about status. He had first though Caid as an amusing ten year old, but after he found out who he truly was , he was treating him like an equal. The difference was so great that it made Caid uncomfortable.

"Yeah, it's funny how fate work's. Who could have  expected that someone from the Relov family and the Yalan family  would both be in this situation?"

"Yes... it's is quite the coincidence." Paikos said to no one in peculiar, but he clearly was saying that to Caid, and Caid knew it. Since he had found the phone in the cockpit of the airship he had distanced himself from Caid.  Also, everytime Caid checked his phone for any news from his uncle he could feel a gaze upon him. 

'Man, this is so uncomfortable. I didn't think that hiding from the Nen user with these two would be so mentally exhausting.'

"Aaaaaaa....

Another scream broke the silence and brought them again in high alert.

......

On the other side of the hill where  the mercenaries were, screaming was heard constantly. Most of the hostage's had been killed, but there were still four heavily injured ones.

"Aaaaaaa...it hurts, it hurts....

Please, please kill me!"

One if the men who was heavily injured pleaded with tears in his eyes for a quick death, a release from the excruciating pain, but his pleas were ignored

"Shut the fuck up!"

"Mmmm...mmmm....

 Impala forcibly closed the mouth of the pleading man and continued what he was doing. He strapped a black vest to the the dying man, the same as the other mercenarys were doing to the three remaining hostages.

"And, done! Boss, everything is ready. We can now continue with the next step." 

"Good, get me the liquid, I'll do it myself."

"Hehe...

Impala laughed as he reached his hand into the crate they had brought with them and brought out what looked to be a small metal safe. He pushed a couple of buttons and the door opened revealing what was inside.

"This is going to be fun."

Impala reached inside and brought out the only thing that was inside. It was a small vial filled with a full blue liquid that looked just like dirty water, but the value of it at this time was as much as his life.  With a little bead of sweat running down his brow Impala carefully gave  the vial to the Nen user.

The Nen user took the vial from Impala, took the cap of and began to carefully pour it's contents into the four remaining hostages.  Each time he only poured a quarter of the liquid into each one of them and when the liquid run out , he gave the mercenaries a hand signal.

The mercenaries immediately understood and grabbed both Tank and the woman, bringing them to the side. The Nen user also followed.

......

Five minutes passed as all of them his behind some trees, 30 m from the entrance of the cave. They didn't make a sound as all of them were afraid, but not all of the same thing. Tank and the girl were afraid of the mercenaries and the mercenaries were scared of something else, something more dangerous.

"Hiissss~

Suddenly a loud hissing sound came from the cave entrance and was immediately followed by a slight rumbling of the ground.

"Earthquake....

Tank quietly spoke what the girl was also thinking, but the mercenaries didn't seem that fazed as they continued to stare at the cave entrance. Their hands slightly shaking as they tightly gripped their guns. It seemed like they had never noticed the ground shaking.

"It's here.. 

"HIISSSSS~

As soon as the Nen user said that a huge creature came rushing out of the cave. Tank wanted to shout in fear but the creature in front of him had frightened the words out of his throat.  

"Hisss~

The creature was a blac&grey snake  with a head more than 1,5 meters wide  and a body  so long that it still hadn't come out of the cave. It had purple snake eyes and a bump on the top its head. It was a C class magicial creature, The Purple Death.

 

9