Greed X Path
410 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The men moved through the dark tunnel in silence, their flashlights  the only source of light in dark place. Even though they knew that the snake was  already dead they still had  a sense of fear on the back of their head.

They moved for about ten meters in a straight line , before the path suddenly started going down in a steep angle. The Nen user saw this and his eyes shinned in a bright light, as if he had just seen the most beautiful thing in his life.

"Let's move, the treasure is near. The only thing to do now is to figure out where to spend all that amount of money."

"Hahaha...

The men laughed as they started to imagine all the things they could do with all that money, but that was only the Nen users deception. He already knew that the airship would be inoperable from the girl, but he didn't tell them on purpose. If they found out at this moment, then there may arise problems. Right now, greed was the only thing that made the mercenaries remain, so if they found out what was going on and that they wouldn't be able to take any of the treasure then...

' Shit! When  I find that kid I'm going to enjoy personally crushing every single bone on his body. Even that bounty hunter and the son of the Relov family head will die by my hands.

 I swear it.'

"Boos, boos...we have arrived."

"Hmm....

The Nen user was brought out of his thoughts by a excited Impala and saw that the tunnel had already ended. In front of him was now a dome shaped space half the size of a football field. The ceiling was a stone dome about five meters high and below there was no solid ground beside a one meter wide stone path that led to the other side of the dome. Everything else was full of water as they had already reached the sea level with their descent.

'This is exactly as the diary described it. The dome is the living place of The Purple Death and also it's access point into the ocean where it hunts. The stone path was built by Bones and on the other side is his personal vault where he hid his treasures.

That thing is also in there. I must have it at all costs.'

"Impala!"

"Yes, sir...boss...

"Get the girl. She is going to be the first to pass through. If she survives we shall trace her footsteps and also get to the other side. 

And call me boss."

"Hehe...I love games.  Thanks boss!"

Impala turned around and headed towards the girl who was shaking as if she was having a fever. 

"Come here! You are going to have a little walk."

"No... please...I'll do anything but that. Please....

The girl pleaded, but Impala didn't care at all. He grabbed her by the hair and brought her to the edge of the road before throwing her to the ground.

"Please, don't. I don't want to go...I don't...

*click*

The girl pleaded again, but this time it was cut short by a gun pointed to her forehead. The cold gun barrel pressed right in the middle of her forehead made her tremble even more.

"Move it, I don't have time ! "

She looked past Impala and the other mercenaries and her eyes landed on Tank. Their eyes met for only a second, before he turned his head away as if had seen something interesting. 

"Ah...

"Move, girl. You don't want to end up like the other's, right?"

She gave one last glance at Tank who was still ignoring her and just turned around. With the anger she was experiencing right now she completely ignored her fears and swiftly walked over the stone path. She passed the halfway point without any problem, but when she passed that suddenly something fell from the ceiling and into the water.

"Ahhhh ahhh....

The sound was not that loud, but it terrified her. She wasn't walking anymore, she was running, running for her life. She ran and ran like a crazy person and finally, she  passed the stone path, only to hear laughter.

"Hahaha, did you see that? She jumped like one meter into the air."

"Yeah, I bet she was so scared that she shit herself. Man, I can already smell it from here."

"It was a fucking rock, you dumb bitch! "

She turned her head back and saw nothing. Nothing was following her and nothing had even changed on the stone path.

"A...rock....a rock, a rock,a rock...

She mumbled those words over and over as she tried to stop shaking. She was beginning to loose her sanity, as she begun to hear and see things on the edge of her vision, but no matter which way she turned her head the thing escaped.

......

Right after they found out that the path was safe they continued on. They passed the  stone path without any problems and arrived at the other side. There, they were greeted by a big metal door that seemed to haven't been cleaned in a long time. The door was 2m tall and 2 meter wide, made completely of iron and it had a big skull engraved on it. 

"Boss, is this it? Is this the place where the treasure is?"

"Treasure?

Of course not. If we open this door we will only find our death to be long and painful."

"What!? Then where is the treasure, I don't see another door around here."

"Hmph...

Of course the door is here, it's just that it's below our feet. You didn't think that the entrance to the safe of one of the most greedy and ruthless pirate to have ever lived would be in plain sight, right?

He wasn't stupid, or should I say he was paranoid?"

"So, where.. 

"The entrance is below that piece of rock over there." The man said as he pointed to a big rock to their left. It seemed like just a normal rock that wasn't suspicious at all, but right now it was beeing eyed like a juicy piece of meat.

'The treasure.'

8